Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ripley

Jeju Ultramarathon 2012

hey Ripley, thanks for sharing!

any language barriers? did you have challenges/issues communicating in Korea (with race organizers, and with the public in general)? Korea has many races but the websites are mostly in Korean only, and seems difficult for foreigners to join... .

From my experience...

Jeju is mainly a tourist island, so at least the people at eateries, hotels, attractions are able to speak some basic english. Some of them can also speak mandarin.

Race briefing was given by their race director Mr Park in english. Although the briefing seemed to jump between topics, but basically can understand.

The staff at the aid stations could also understand some english, and anyways not much stuff you need to ask for haha

For registration, some of their races have an english website for it.

I would recommend this race. It was a great experience. There may be language barrier but it was just one thing that made the trip memorable. April is a lovely time to be in Jeju whether or not it is for the race or just touring that place.

i also think there's a language barrier... cos they don't speak english... but luckily, they speak some mandarin like what brokie said...

if you are referring to communicating with the race organiser or those manning the aid stations, then not a problem... :)