Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sky61

Your most funny moments when running

As I run late nights or early mornings, I normally have tissue in my "emergency" pack plus I always take note of the reliable toilets along the route. Not sure if it's funny or scary...I once ran to a toilet only to find no tissue or water that I can use; another time I ran to a toilet only to find that it was locked! Any distance to the next toilet in that circumstances can be like forever!

tissues problems..uncle's solution..wear adult pampers made of recycle drifit..uncle's pamper comes with g-string with stopper, in case poo poo leaked can be stoppered..wee wee leaked can g-stringed..even lky gives uncle credit for the most innovative underwear award..he had all the time wants aircon..so easy..fan blade with 2 wires..one connect to wee wee (-ve urea acid), the other one to poo poo (+ve protein), works like human battery...just take note for guys, blade not too place to close to wee wee side...otherwise, injury, load ambulance case..don't play play with tissue system..ok.. plz give -100pts rating..thank u..

hi guys n gals, started this topic for everyone to post their own funny moments when u are running/racing etc.

let me start the ball rolling.... my own experience was when i was trail running one day along rifle range link. i was fully immerse in the heat of bashing thru the low branches and down hill sprint when i saw from the corner of my eyes, something long and slim tapping on my neck!! my initial thought was that i must be damn down on my luck to encounter a snake... i immediately use my left hand to fling at the said object (all this while still concentrating on running, hopefully away from the snake), but i notice it kept coming back. when i finally stopped dead in my tracks to confront my fears............. :sword:

i realised that it was actually the drinking tube from my hydration bag that was bugging me....i slipped the tube into the sleeve holder on my shoulder n had a stupid grinning moment and was on my way again. :lol:

I like to run in isolated places like cemetaries and farm areas. When there is no sound, it is not uncommon to think that your own sounds are somebody else. It happens from time to time ... you hear a rythmic scraping and wonder who else could be beside you. Then you stop and the sound stops, continue and the sound starts. Then it dawns that the sound is your own shorts rubbing or water bottle or whatever. :rolleyes:

I like to run in isolated places like cemetaries and farm areas. When there is no sound, it is not uncommon to think that your own sounds are somebody else. It happens from time to time ... you hear a rythmic scraping and wonder who else could be beside you. Then you stop and the sound stops, continue and the sound starts. Then it dawns that the sound is your own shorts rubbing or water bottle or whatever. :rolleyes:

i can relate to that...many times when i'm running single track, i would have the feeling that someone is following me behind. and its that same charade, when u stop, it stops too...didn't took me too long for it to dawn upon me..lol

i can relate to that...many times when i'm running single track, i would have the feeling that someone is following me behind. and its that same charade, when u stop, it stops too...didn't took me too long for it to dawn upon me..lol

This happens to me sometimes too, especially when I am running alone in a quiet area.

once I went for a run on the last day of the Hungry ghost month. Around Bukit batok nature park area, i spotted a guy running quite a nice pace in front so sped up to keep pace behind him. That day I woke up late n no mood for make up so went to work without make up. Don't know if it was becos of that but the guy in front kept sprinting damn hard. I ran behind till ankle twist but still could not catch up with him. He ran very hard then trotted to his house nearby without even looking back. I must have scared him off. LOL. I felt quite guilty after that.

So lesson learnt: don't run after ppl at night near eerie area during hungry ghost month, and don't wear red-alike ( I was wearing pink top!). I don't think I looked like a hungry ghost. More like an overweight one. Takashi u can confirm on this :lol:, but yea, the guy must have been scared till dead :lol:

I once tried to run behind a fast lady (by my standard) to pace myself, but I made sure that I didn't run too close for fear that I might scare her off.

I think she's scared anyway, because she seemed to cut her run off the PCN and headed for HDB haha.

Lesson learned: say hello first and ask for permission to pace