Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sky61

Your most funny moments when running

hi guys n gals, started this topic for everyone to post their own funny moments when u are running/racing etc.

let me start the ball rolling.... my own experience was when i was trail running one day along rifle range link. i was fully immerse in the heat of bashing thru the low branches and down hill sprint when i saw from the corner of my eyes, something long and slim tapping on my neck!! my initial thought was that i must be damn down on my luck to encounter a snake... i immediately use my left hand to fling at the said object (all this while still concentrating on running, hopefully away from the snake), but i notice it kept coming back. when i finally stopped dead in my tracks to confront my fears............. :sword:

i realised that it was actually the drinking tube from my hydration bag that was bugging me....i slipped the tube into the sleeve holder on my shoulder n had a stupid grinning moment and was on my way again. :lol:

once i run my pisai going to come out liao den i panic, ask a runner beside me if she have tissue, den she give me weird look and ran off.

once i run my pisai going to come out liao den i panic, ask a runner beside me if she have tissue, den she give me weird look and ran off.

Alamak! Blow it into your running top la, takashi! That's what I do all the time. GOSH! Gross I know but what choice do I have? hahahaha....

Okay..... my funny moment? Also in the trail..... I was waiting for my partner to catch up and while waiting, he was already in sight, I felt something fall on my head. I didn't know what it was but instinctively, I just brushed my hair frantically with my both hands and according to my partner who saw everything, I was jumping and hopping around like a monkey on hot tin roof! He asked me what happened and I told him. He said I looked damn comical from afar..... really funny.

Alamak! Blow it into your running top la, takashi! That's what I do all the time. GOSH! Gross I know but what choice do I have? hahahaha....

Okay..... my funny moment? Also in the trail..... I was waiting for my partner to catch up and while waiting, he was already in sight, I felt something fall on my head. I didn't know what it was but instinctively, I just brushed my hair frantically with my both hands and according to my partner who saw everything, I was jumping and hopping around like a monkey on hot tin roof! He asked me what happened and I told him. He said I looked damn comical from afar..... really funny.

erm ...then whats on your head?

erm ...then whats on your head?

erm.... :unknw: I don't know. I was worried it was a spider .... or a caterpillar.... or some bugs..... I never knew what it was. I told partner to check and he said there was nothing.

When I read it at 1st glance, I read it as pang sai...

N u use ur top?! Hahaha

thats a good one...i wonder who carries tissue when they are running....

ME! You never know when you will need it..... Right?

me! yes! you never know when you will need it

u should ask kohpapa, he got lotsa hilarious, funny, crazy, laugh-until-peng stories to tell.

WHERE THE HELL IS KOHPAPA???

hey, i always carry paper towels (kitchen roll) in my hands for all my runs, to wipe away the sweat dripping from my forehead... hate it when perspiration drips into my eyes n sting.

Err,doesnt the tissue paper gets wet in ur pockets when u are running? I always get soaking wet around the 10km mark

last time tigger told me to always bring tissue during long runs n races. I think I brought few times. After that no more. haha. Singapore is quite convenient. just have to hold till next toilet :P.

The last AHM my stomach not well, so i brought along a pack of tissue, but at the start line I threw it away because I don't like to carry additional things. haha.

this year is a diarrhea year. zzzz. I am so glad it is over soon!

last time tigger told me to always bring tissue during long runs n races. I think I brought few times. After that no more. haha. Singapore is quite convenient. just have to hold till next toilet :P.

The last AHM my stomach not well, so i brought along a pack of tissue, but at the start line I threw it away because I don't like to carry additional things. haha.

yes. the greatest part about running in races is that you get litter... :)

Err,doesnt the tissue paper gets wet in ur pockets when u are running? I always get soaking wet around the 10km mark

you can put into a plastic with zip

not all the toilets have toilet paper or the toilet paper may have run out.

My dear sky61, tissue papers come in plastic packing right? Haha... In fact, I wonder how Nobok keeps his kitchen towel from breaking into pieces! Anyway, don't know if you noticed during our woodcutter run, I am not as wet as all of you. I don't perspire much.

LS, my shorts has a pocket so I need not hold it in my hand. It can also hold a key and an ezlink card and some money.

once I went for a run on the last day of the Hungry ghost month. Around Bukit batok nature park area, i spotted a guy running quite a nice pace in front so sped up to keep pace behind him. That day I woke up late n no mood for make up so went to work without make up. Don't know if it was becos of that but the guy in front kept sprinting damn hard. I ran behind till ankle twist but still could not catch up with him. He ran very hard then trotted to his house nearby without even looking back. I must have scared him off. LOL. I felt quite guilty after that.

So lesson learnt: don't run after ppl at night near eerie area during hungry ghost month, and don't wear red-alike ( I was wearing pink top!). I don't think I looked like a hungry ghost. More like an overweight one. Takashi u can confirm on this :lol:, but yea, the guy must have been scared till dead :lol:

My dear sky61, tissue papers come in plastic packing right? Haha... In fact, I wonder how Nobok keeps his kitchen towel from breaking into pieces! Anyway, don't know if you noticed during our woodcutter run, I am not as wet as all of you. I don't perspire much.

LS, my shorts has a pocket so I need not hold it in my hand. It can also hold a key and an ezlink card and some money.

Packet of tissue once open,has an opening where water can seep in mah..unless u ziplock it

once I went for a run on the last day of the Hungry ghost month. Around Bukit batok nature park area, i spotted a guy running quite a nice pace in front so sped up to keep pace behind him. That day I woke up late n no mood for make up so went to work without make up. Don't know if it was becos of that but the guy in front kept sprinting damn hard. I ran behind till ankle twist but still could not catch up with him. He ran very hard then trotted to his house nearby without even looking back. I must have scared him off. LOL. I felt quite guilty after that.

So lesson learnt: don't run after ppl at night near eerie area during hungry ghost month, and don't wear red-alike ( I was wearing pink top!). I don't think I looked like a hungry ghost. More like an overweight one. Takashi u can confirm on this :lol:, but yea, the guy must have been scared till dead :lol:

No, you don't look like a hungry ghost and NO definately not an overweight one.......

but the same cant be said after the next crabby session LOL !!!

no i just hold it in my hands n run. when it gets soaking wet after many wipes, i throw it away.

btw, sharing one of kohpapa's post, which made me ROFLhard.

wow, just fun run SCMS 2011 FM route from orchard mandarin hotel start point - via hill street - chinatown - maxwell road - cecil street - part of bay area - nicoll h'way - mtbatten - fort road - ecp service rd with SCMS banners - E2 carpark - wah see SCMS mega tents for fans, big sign board which reads "20,000 FM, 19500 HM, 16,000 10km, male:female 65%:35%, supporters free shuttle from 5:30am..blah blah blah" - continue run to sailing/watersports club, turn south of ecp all the way down to fort road...<end of run>...b'cause marina golf course side to marina barrage (out of bounds)..31.5km..cool temperature 23C..no sweat, no need water point...hungry and stomach needs to poo poo lah..stadium KFC for big breakfast and big poo poo....wat a feel'ng...not the food, but what was out of system...should not have satay dinner mixed with satay sauce of peanuts with plenty of garlic...next time remember to bring along "gas deodorants"....sorry...jamban time round 3...bye

btw we shld consolidate all of his past funny posts n post it here, guarantee buckets of laughter.

yap, kohpapa here, just noticed that uncle has been banned for 6mth to a year and yet be remembered..thank u..permission by moderator to share..hope u give -ve rating more..1000pts by end of 2011...here goes...

while u sleep, uncle runs scms 2011 route 10km, 21km and 42.2km in the wee hours 2am ..notice rain everytime from 4pm onwards till 7pm..wet, frustrating..so for all oct/nov training already hit 10 times...distance, average 20+km..latest 35km..

many strange things happen while u sleep, rest and recover...police car patrol the streets, and even at ecp..yap..4:15-4:30am same police car will cruise ecp lagoon food centre running track..hello police..yap, uncle training marathon again, so busy ah?...several times, teenagers kena checked i/c...drunk, sweared, made love and have fun...

of course, bedok reservoir run for recovery, join ghost hunters for "catch and seek" sessions...these few times, very chilly and sometimes splashing sound got uncle's yin and yang hair standing tall...uncle "swims" endurance, but bedok reservoir, better not be tempted, must stay dry..skali uncle's soul kena exchanged with departed spirits of mother and child...smell flowers smell rubbish cannot anyhow say, it was said spirits around confuse senses..and check shadow if yours or more..check sky not for rain..but whether water spirits mucus/saliva ready to splush on you, must stay drifit ..the nike way...run fast fast..High Intensity High Interval pacing....personal drifit attire red MR25 ultramarathon, pinkie silky Skin compression long (advise for ladies..wear white tudong and cover face especially, pervert water spirits like to moisten pretty lips)...uncle must wear red sandals laced with yellow ribbons (yellow ribbon project)..carry voodoo dolls of past 6 + future 6 (hope the one of future 6 are not the photos of sgRunners like nobok's swee swee face and body, so never put personal photos at sgRunner to howlian how great runner u r, u r warned..)... uncle and participants offered as sacrificial runners to let spirits chase and catch, so that when other runners start coming to bedok reservoir from as early as 4:30am, "they" will be too tired to chase the blur blur just wake up runners..."catch and seek" bedok reservior participants come free with pre-run dinner..you eat dinner, they eat candles and sponsored hell paper is traded for their precious time and the last train ride from hell and heaven.. medals will be split mirrors of you and "spirits" for memory after the session..please leave any lighting materials (torchlight, lighters, matches) and importantly, lock/secure your real shadow at home (use a white towel and wrap tightly your shadow)..photography is not allowed..thank u for your kind participation and attention...<disappear>..<bye>..<splash>..

ok I m very sian today so I share my one embarassing story.

Actually this one is after running . There's was once I finish running and I ran straight into this new fitness corner. I run quite fast that day lah so ran "beautifully " and stop right there and decided to do a standing board jump . Theres this two guys there and I was swinging my arms preparing to land and next moment " thump" , I fell on the spot the moment I tried to jump. Apparently, the rubber area was wet and becos its a new fitness corner , I didnt know it could be so slipperly.

Cant help but I burst out laughing and the next moment I heard was " this one can run but cannot jump" :blush:

Lucky I cant rem their faces and I hope they cant rem me

As I run late nights or early mornings, I normally have tissue in my "emergency" pack plus I always take note of the reliable toilets along the route. Not sure if it's funny or scary...I once ran to a toilet only to find no tissue or water that I can use; another time I ran to a toilet only to find that it was locked! Any distance to the next toilet in that circumstances can be like forever!

ok I m very sian today so I share my one embarassing story.

Actually this one is after running . There's was once I finish running and I ran straight into this new fitness corner. I run quite fast that day lah so ran "beautifully " and stop right there and decided to do a standing board jump . Theres this two guys there and I was swinging my arms preparing to land and next moment " thump" , I fell on the spot the moment I tried to jump. Apparently, the rubber area was wet and becos its a new fitness corner , I didnt know it could be so slipperly.

Cant help but I burst out laughing and the next moment I heard was " this one can run but cannot jump" :blush:

Lucky I cant rem their faces and I hope they cant rem me

next time do the running high jump, 3 hops while running and a full jump into the sand pit :jig: