Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hellhole

GARMIN Forerunner 910XT

When you check the routes of both watches on the map are they similar? Or the 910XT was more "zig-zag"?

To get more "instant" pace from the average lap, you can set the auto lap to a shorter distance (e.g. 500m) instead of 1km.

Yup, I generally look at my average lap pace, but with the footpod, it solves the issue. Anyway, DCR blogged that Garmin is aware of it and the fix should be out no later than March.

Took the 910XT out for a long run today. I strapped the 310XT and 910XT on both wrists to see how they perform relatively. The 910XT real-time pace information is absolutely terrible. I was doing a steady 5:30+min/km pace and the real-time pace data was jumping all over the place - alternating between 5 to 8min/km. The 310XT real-time pace was steady & reliable by comparison - around +/- 20sec. Uploaded both data to Garmin Connect and I attached the screenshots here to show what I mean.

I started the 910XT with the default "Smart Recording" mode but switched halfway to "Every Second" recording. Neither helped. Still jumpy. The 310XT was on "Smart Recording" all the time.

My 4-data fields has Distance, Time, Pace & Average Pace. The Average Pace is comparable between both. But Pace (real-time) is terrible. It's a disappointment since I wish to have the flexibility to check on my pace real-time rather than at the end of every 1km splits.

I checked online chatter on this issue and it seems that many are experiencing this as well. Hopefully a new firmware can fix this fast. (currently on version 2.2)

Well just sharing this observation with you guys.

20120211-ggatjm9krru7nnhbwx814wy9u3.png

20120211-bbhi77kjq5j6kikwa6qa6mrcf2.png

When you check the routes of both watches on the map are they similar? Or the 910XT was more "zig-zag"?

To get more "instant" pace from the average lap, you can set the auto lap to a shorter distance (e.g. 500m) instead of 1km.

The routes seemed comparably smooth between both. No zig-zag pattern. Perhaps that's more of how Garmin Connect plots it on their website which I guessed they did not use all the data points to plot, but instead just an approximate of the route. For example I enabled 1-second recording midway in my 910XT. But I don't see the resolution of 1-second point-to-point plot on the Garmin Connect map even when I zoomed up the map.

Yes a shorter auto-lap distance may help but do they display normalized data to min/km? or just the lap time for the 500m?

Yup, I generally look at my average lap pace, but with the footpod, it solves the issue. Anyway, DCR blogged that Garmin is aware of it and the fix should be out no later than March.

Certainly hoping for the firmware fix asap.

i tot i was on DCR that there was an update alraeady.. but good that garmin is updating this.. will look for this once i get mine.

The routes seemed comparably smooth between both. No zig-zag pattern. Perhaps that's more of how Garmin Connect plots it on their website which I guessed they did not use all the data points to plot, but instead just an approximate of the route. For example I enabled 1-second recording midway in my 910XT. But I don't see the resolution of 1-second point-to-point plot on the Garmin Connect map even when I zoomed up the map.

Yes a shorter auto-lap distance may help but do they display normalized data to min/km? or just the lap time for the 500m?

If you use software like SportTracks you can see more detailed routes on the maps. It also able to show the split time in kilometer or other distances regardless of the auto lap distance you set.

i tot i was on DCR that there was an update alraeady.. but good that garmin is updating this.. will look for this once i get mine.

It sounds there was already an update but if you read again, nope. :)

bloody hell.. why havent parissilk called me!!!! if i can get it today.. i can use it for a swim tomorrow...

You should try calling them instead. Their track record at least for me, is that they never call back. Just give them a call and ask easier. :)

well.. i went on sunday to say i want to reserve one.. and they ask me to leave my number... hehe.. tomorrow lah.. i give them a call.

anyone got lobang to buy the quick release kit or the frabric wrist strap?

you may want to try at sim lim sq #04-08 floor. R-One!!

Any idea on the price they are selling?

anyone got lobang to buy the quick release kit or the frabric wrist strap?

you may want to try at sim lim sq #04-08 floor. R-One!!

Amazon does not have stock for the QR Kit.

@Metallian, you bought the 910XT already?

Yes! I did a short write up on my blog. I have yet to try it on the trails tho.

dun have meh? seems to have leh.. i have it in my 'box' ... ready to go :)

Hehe, perhaps stocks just arrived. It comes and go very quickly on Amazon!

Nice! If you can do trails on weekdays, we can have a run together. :)

Amazon does not have stock for the QR Kit.

@Metallian, you bought the 910XT already?

Yes! I did a short write up on my blog. I have yet to try it on the trails tho.

trails... will have time to try.... maybe this weekend will make a trip to sentosa to do some gps tracking

.i have to say.. the watch is very light.. i can hardly feel it...

and it vibrate damm strong.. much like the 610.. hahha...

but i got a question.. today.. i went to swim.. but it did not show my laps.. even tough i set up the pool to be 50m...

and.. where do you set the style? as in free style, breaststroke etc...

trails... will have time to try.... maybe this weekend will make a trip to sentosa to do some gps tracking

.i have to say.. the watch is very light.. i can hardly feel it...

and it vibrate damm strong.. much like the 610.. hahha...

but i got a question.. today.. i went to swim.. but it did not show my laps.. even tough i set up the pool to be 50m...

and.. where do you set the style? as in free style, breaststroke etc...

It shows up automatically from the way you swim. Breast stroke and front crawl so far for mine. As for laps, I set laps shown, and it also automatically shows the laps whenever I do a open turn. You might wanna be more aggressive while turning so that it records a change in direction?

What you mean by GPS tracking bro?

okay. i will try it out on my next swim.

i have not gone out for a run in the sun.. yet.. i koe the gps works.. but it has been raining...

okay. i will try it out on my next swim.

i have not gone out for a run in the sun.. yet.. i koe the gps works.. but it has been raining...

Try it fast bro. The GPS accuracy is damn solid. Hit 3-4 metres most of the times.

yes. i use it as a daily watch now. every morning i let the gps run to 'sync' the time :)

i really want to get that swim thing down!!! part of the reason i bought it.. i dun want to count laps!!!!

i really want to get that swim thing down!!! part of the reason i bought it.. i dun want to count laps!!!!

Bro, you want to do Tioman swimathlon 20km issit?? :)

Enjoy your new toy!