Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kristalite

How tight should compression tights be?

Hi All,

How tight should compression tights be? I understand it should be tight else it defeats the purpose of being a compression tights.

I bought 2 pairs of CW-X compression tights from Amazon website recently. I followed the size chart according to my weight and height. I fall into the XS category though i think i fall into the grey area of XS and S. After reading people's reviews, they chose the smaller size if they are in the grey area.

I could fit into the tights with "much effort". I say "much effort" because this is my 1st time putting on the compression tights as compared to normal pants. I havent test run with it and I'm worried i might bruised from the "tightness". Just wondering if i should return for an exchange?

Basing on 2xU size chart, i shld be a S....

but i have both XXS and XS....XXS is reali reali tight, XS is feels normal, but i prefer to run in the XXS, somehow i feel XS doesnt give me enough compression...

Hi All,

How tight should compression tights be? I understand it should be tight else it defeats the purpose of being a compression tights.

I bought 2 pairs of CW-X compression tights from Amazon website recently. I followed the size chart according to my weight and height. I fall into the XS category though i think i fall into the grey area of XS and S. After reading people's reviews, they chose the smaller size if they are in the grey area.

I could fit into the tights with "much effort". I say "much effort" because this is my 1st time putting on the compression tights as compared to normal pants. I havent test run with it and I'm worried i might bruised from the "tightness". Just wondering if i should return for an exchange?

bruised??? bruised from what? if you can wear it and it does not restrict your movement, then i think it should be ok.

dirtbike, i read that 2XU material is thinner than CW-X. So I'm guessing thinner material should be more "stretchable" compared to the thicker CW-X. I'm a female and females tend to be curvier than men. Men's figure is like a ruler. :icecream:

auron, bruised from the tightness. It's like restricting blood circulation.

I want to approach those runners who are running with their compression tights if i can feel it on them. But how to? They will think i'm a pervert. :shiftyninja:

dirtbike, i read that 2XU material is thinner than CW-X. So I'm guessing thinner material should be more "stretchable" compared to the thicker CW-X. I'm a female and females tend to be curvier than men. Men's figure is like a ruler. :icecream:

I want to approach those runners who are running with their compression tights if i can feel it on them. But how to? They will think i'm a pervert. :shiftyninja:

Lolz...some men also got butt hor....

Maybe u can just visit any shops that sell Skin/2xU tights, try them and ask the sales staff for advice...

i also got buy cw-x from amazon...

my first compression tight... n yes, i feel that they are tight. the full tight is even worst... got to spend maybe like 5 minutes to slowly put it on...

what i can suggest is to put on your tight, go for a short run and slowly increasing the mileage... at least if your got bruised, then it will not be too bad.

whatever it is, PLEASE do not wear thin-out tights (due to wear and tear or otherwise), especially the guys. i have seen a guy wearing one and the material wass so thin that there was no support at all. his ding dongs were swinging in all directions.......

I'd say go with the sizing chart recommendation if you're going to wear it out for runs, and go one size smaller if you're wearing it for recovery purposes. :)

@ tekko: Wasn't there some forum thread last year about runners with obscenely coloured tights? (WHAT HAS BEEN SEEN CANNOT BE UNSEEN. :| )

whatever it is, PLEASE do not wear thin-out tights (due to wear and tear or otherwise), especially the guys. i have seen a guy wearing one and the material wass so thin that there was no support at all. his ding dongs were swinging in all directions.......

dun mess with that.. that is how he stay balanced. :)

Hi All,

According to some salesperson, to test the appropriate "tightness", try pinching the surface of the tights and pull away from you after wearing, if you can still pull then it's not tight enough.

Don't think you will get bruises from the "tightness", the tightness in all retail compression garments should be below medical grade and safe to wear. Those really tight garments that may restrict blood circulation need to be prescribed by Dr.

Not sure about CW-X, i only have Zoot and 2XU.

For Zoot, also took me > 5 mins. to put on during 1st attempt. 2XU is definitely much thinner and looses the elasticity after much wearing.

I'd say go with the sizing chart recommendation if you're going to wear it out for runs, and go one size smaller if you're wearing it for recovery purposes. :)

@ tekko: Wasn't there some forum thread last year about runners with obscenely coloured tights? (WHAT HAS BEEN SEEN CANNOT BE UNSEEN. :| )

You referring to my blog post here?

46123, when i "pinch" the surface of the tights, i will pinch myself too. So i guess mine is of the "right" fit. I think S will be too long for me since for XS, i have excess fabric behind my knee cap.

My dad had to wear compression socks after his heart bypass surgery. I wonder if i will get weird stares when i wear his socks out for my runs.

Compression tights arent very healthy for men who are trying to conceive. Birth rate for Singapore is already at an all time low. So Singaporean men, please do not contribute to the low fertility rate.

You referring to my blog post here?

I actually meant some other forum thread where there was a photo of a guy with the Union Jack on his undies that was visible through his thin blue tights... Your blog post is :ph34r: though.

My dad had to wear compression socks after his heart bypass surgery. I wonder if i will get weird stares when i wear his socks out for my runs.

Other runners may think you are on certain "therapy"... anyway will not suggest you wear medical grade compression socks for long distance runs, not sure what's the consequences..

Hi All,

if it's a little tight, ok, but not till u can feel your blood being constricted.

after wearing a few times, washing...etc, the material will loosen.

no worries.

If you fall into the grey area for CW-X like me, I opted for the smaller size.

I wore my Nike Core compression tights for the SCMS full marathon. It's my first marathon in compression tights. I m supposed to be a sz M but the Running Lab staff advise me to go for sz S for a tighter compression. So I guess the tighter the better. I have slight difficulty wearing it too btw.

I bought the 2XU compression tight at the SCMS expo, according to chart i wearing M, tried for the SCMS 10km, feel very comfortable and I have my PB.

sorry, abit off topic but i really wish to stress the point to all guys to NOT WEAR TIGHTS walking around. i've seen guys walking ard hawker centres in their tights. even if you just finished a workout or what please have the decency to not walk ard in your tights, wear a pair of shorts over, get a change of clothes. please.