Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lanxx

Garmin FR 210

If in the midst of a run ,the satellite is lost (eg running hm in closed carpark at scms),how can I get the satellite on again?

Appreciate any good info,thanks

If in the midst of a run ,the satellite is lost (eg running hm in closed carpark at scms),how can I get the satellite on again?

The watch will automatically search for satellite signal again, best if you move to an open area if you happen to find your forerunner losing satellite coverage.

Though I've heard (but not tried before) that if you pair with any ANT+ footpod and run, the Forerunner will continue to calculate distance based on footpod pacing even when satellite coverage is lost. Anyone who have tried it can confirm?

1) DON'T set to Auto Pause on your Garmin..

2) Once out from the tunnel, your watch will seek the location and extrapolate the distance between the point where it lost signal and where it regain signal....

I ran SCMHK this year and went into 3 tunnels of 1km each...once out from the, it gave the correct distance...if the watch was on Auto Pause..the final reading would have been ~39 km...

1) DON'T set to Auto Pause on your Garmin..

2) Once out from the tunnel, your watch will seek the location and extrapolate the distance between the point where it lost signal and where it regain signal....

I ran SCMHK this year and went into 3 tunnels of 1km each...once out from the, it gave the correct distance...if the watch was on Auto Pause..the final reading would have been ~39 km...

I think there isn't any Auto Pause for Garmin 210 correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks trailblazer & hellhole, I got my watch! :)

Anyone knows if screen protector is recommended for the 610 please, and if so, where to get it from? Thanks!

Thanks trailblazer & hellhole, I got my watch! :)

Anyone knows if screen protector is recommended for the 610 please, and if so, where to get it from? Thanks!

great.. i do not know anyone that has a screen protector... but.. if u go 4th floor sls ( u getting where i hang out most ) at the lift, there is a hp accessories shop that can cut out a screen protector shape foer. never sen them do for circle.. but worth a try. since they are for smartphone and tablet... should not affect the touchscreen.

btw...how does the back of your 610 look like? u should look out for sweat corrosion on the 610 as many has reported that. please wash cleanly all the sweat from it. i have not seen anyone come up with some backing that can help with that... and i think not worth to send back to garmin to get it fixed.

thanks hellhole, will check it out + online.

the back of my watch is white coloured, and doesn't feel metallish, so am assuming i wouldn't get corrosion problems.

how does one wash a watch clean of sweat? rub off remnant materials under running water, like a HRM strap?

the back of my watch is white coloured, and doesn't feel metallish, so am assuming i wouldn't get corrosion problems.

how does one wash a watch clean of sweat? rub off remnant materials under running water, like a HRM strap?

seriously.. i have no idea also. just have to wash properly lah.

u can search online to see the pictures.. see if they have the same

seriously.. i have no idea also. just have to wash properly lah.

u can search online to see the pictures.. see if they have the same

Just found some pics. They are different :)

I usually wash my watch every time after a run under running water with hand soap. Works well for me!

Thanks! I tried washing it with water, and it still works! :)

Hi folks,

Glad I found there's a runners forum :P

I've a FR 210, problem is as a cyclist, i found it not to be ideal. Used less than a dozen time and wish to sell it off. Anyone interested? Still looks as good as new with original box and packing.

I'm late and got a FR210 less than 1 mth old, already thinking of upgrading it.

Let me know if anyone interested, comes with HRM.

Bought from Parisilk