Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lanxx

Garmin FR 210

That is one thing about the HRM I like to check with you guys.

Do you all remove the HRM sensor from the soft strap after your run or just leave there?

I remove mine from the soft strap. It seems (for my set at least) that I get some readings even when one side is attached. So I play safe and detach both sides. Easier to keep too.

FYI guys, latest price update. The lady at R-One Trading (Sim Lim Sq lvl 4) offered me $250 if i pay in cash, which is lower than what Perfect Watch (1st floor) offered me ($299).

Hi all

Been reading up abit on gps watches and gathered that the timex ironman run trainer seems to be frequently compared to the FR210.

Went hunting for it today at bras basah and they do not have stock of a GPS watch by timex.

Was offered Garmin instead and was quoted $285 for the FR210.

Went to another shop and saw this really old package of a timex gps watching going for $400+!!

Settled for the FR 210 and made my way to Sim Lim Square and got it at $230 without HRM.

I got it from R-One Trading.

Be prepared to pay in cold hard cash (to enjoy the better price) for it as they do not have the Nets terminal to process payment by Nets.

Cant wait to take it out for my 1st GPS run tommorrow!

Congrats! There should be firmware upgrade for your newly purchased item. Do update it!

For how long will the watch stay in GPS mode before it "timeout" and return to watch mode? This is to estimate when to switch on the GPS at starting points

For how long will the watch stay in GPS mode before it "timeout" and return to watch mode? This is to estimate when to switch on the GPS at starting points

As the GPS signal may take some time to lock on, it is better to turn on the GPS earlier. It will shut down if it detects no movement after about 5 - 10 minutes. You can always press any button to keep the GPS on if the shutting down message come on.

Used my FR210 for the first time in marathon, so glad it lasted for about 6hours of continuous GPS usage (coz I bought it 2nd hand, worried the batt lifespan might not be 8 hours as promised in the user manual).

Can anyone advise the function difference between model 110 & 210? Thanks

110 is an older model, guess it is very hard to find it in SG. For price wise, 210 is cheaper than 110.

Thanks bro, can 210 use as a normal daily watch or it only good for running use?

It is just like a normal watch just that it got GPS. If you use it as normal watch w/o turning on the GPS it can last about 2 weeks...:)

Hi all,

Thinking of getting the 210

Anyone wants to do a GB? Not sure if we go down together would it make any difference?

I also want to check if the FR210 comes with the latest soft strap?

And if I get the watch+HRM+footpod together, what is the cost?

Thank you.

Together with the Heart Rate monitor will cost you around $270 at R-One trading Sim Lim Square.

Thanx, when was this price noted?

I have scanned thru the thread, the price from R-one quoted are : 265, 279, 260, 250 (all with HRM)

i think 1 month ago.. around that price. I bring my friend go there buy w/o HR he charge my friend $235.

Anyone faced the problem of wristband breaking? Read from the Garmin forum that it's irreplaceable, they'll only offer a refurbished/brand new set at a small discount.

Now my wristband broken, dunno what to do. :(

Good Luck bro, my FR110 the small rubber band come off. I called the local service center, they told they don't provide repair or sell this part. The only way to solve this problem is to pay $160 for a refurbished set. Luckily, my colleague is at US so i wrote to Garmin International and they are very nice to ship this part to my colleague residence in US for free. Now my FR110 wristband have "cuts" on it, i have to use superglue to glue it back

I got ask them before. Don't have leh :) They told me the watch is selling cheap because they don't offer replacement strap. So if it comes off, you will need to buy a new one.

Wa sianz. Seems like Des bro encountered same problem as me before eh? What other Garmin watch is good? I'm not into triathlon so dun need waterproof yet..