Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lanxx

Garmin FR 210

Hi, I enquire the watch from r-one trading..they said $225 without hrm, $265 with hrm. Thought others might be interested. biggrin.gif

Called r-one trading and was quoted $279 for the bundle with HRM. Did you have to bargain to get the price of $265? :)

Called r-one trading and was quoted $279 for the bundle with HRM. Did you have to bargain to get the price of $265? :)

I bought it last Thu. Told him that I found out from my friends and he gave it to me for $265.

Went yesterday and bought without HRM for $225 for my brother.

Thanks, I got it from Parisilk Holland Village instead cos its near my workplace.

And its going for $259 w the hrm! They don't have the option wo the hrm. Footpod is going for $114 if anyones interested :)

Hi max, The side bottom left button..page/menu. Glad u got your watch. :)

Thanks for your advice. I think the user manual really needs improvement.

Had my 1st run with it this morning, clocking 19.2km and uploaded into Garmin Connect. I must say the GPS is spot on in terms of route accuracy. I like it! Too bad it is not waterproof. I must remember not to swim with it!

no waterproof? can use it during running on rainning day? i plan to grab one as well, if no waterproof, have to look for other brand.

Had my 1st run with it this morning, clocking 19.2km and uploaded into Garmin Connect. I must say the GPS is spot on in terms of route accuracy. I like it! Too bad it is not waterproof. I must remember not to swim with it!

no waterproof? can use it during running on rainning day? i plan to grab one as well, if no waterproof, have to look for other brand.

Hi chemhy, Run on rainy day can..I have tried it on previous models with the 205 and 405. Even shower with it also not a problem, claim by dcrainmaker an expert reviewer of garmin watches.

Yeah, glad u like it! Its still value for money despite some unimportant features left out, it feels lighter too and also can allow for one more run a week in it before need charging compare to the 405. hehe I agree this watch really needs a manual, trial and error like a long press is not intuitive and also took sometime for me to figure out I can't delete selected data on the watch.

Hi chemhy, Run on rainy day can..I have tried it on previous models with the 205 and 405. Even shower with it also not a problem, claim by dcrainmaker an expert reviewer of garmin watches.

Thanks for infor. Will grab one soon.

Just did a 10km run with the watch. The watch is even lighter than my Gshock! Feels like wearing nothing.

And the distance is spot on (I tested by running 25 rounds in on stadium tracks). Must say that I'm rather pleased with it.

Anyone else finds the strap flimsy? I find it a little hard to slot the strap into the loop.

What happens if the strap is broken (touch wood), how to get it replaced?

The screen looks very prone to scratches too... :(

After reading up this thread, can't take it anymore and bought it (FR 210) today. haha. Wanna ask noob question. is there 1 second recording feature in 210? I couldn't find it.

Also, how long normally does it take for locating satellite? seems not very fast for my 210 (took about 2 mins so far) :(

After reading up this thread, can't take it anymore and bought it (FR 210) today. haha. Wanna ask noob question. is there 1 second recording feature in 210? I couldn't find it.

Also, how long normally does it take for locating satellite? seems not very fast for my 210 (took about 2 mins so far) :(

2mins is far too long for a GPS watch from Garmin. Something wrong unless very cloudy day or u stand under a tree or smthg blocking.

Yeah! Yesterday was a cloudy day and raining some more. Tried again today and it only took less than 45 sec. My first GPS watch and love it!! :-)

Yeah! Yesterday was a cloudy day and raining some more. Tried again today and it only took less than 45 sec. My first GPS watch and love it!! :-)

My Hp GPS on a cloudy Wed afternoon took exactly 8secs for free Endomondo app to locate signal. I timed it. I'm mighty disappointed a Garmin GPS watch takes abt 45secs. Well, stick to my Hp then ^_^

My Hp GPS on a cloudy Wed afternoon took exactly 8secs for free Endomondo app to locate signal. I timed it. I'm mighty disappointed a Garmin GPS watch takes abt 45secs. Well, stick to my Hp then ^_^

Your handphone may be using AGPS, i.e it uses data from internet to assist the GPS to locate you. Normally with AGPS, is less than 10 sec/.

2 min is about average for a stand alone gps.

Your handphone may be using AGPS, i.e it uses data from internet to assist the GPS to locate you. Normally with AGPS, is less than 10 sec/.

2 min is about average for a stand alone gps.

Oh. Well, stick to my Hp with free app then ^_^

Hi,

Did anyone encounter incorrect laps marking in Garmin Connect? I have noticed that there is wrong laps marking (both google & bing map). Sometimes lap 1 is at the start and some distance marking are wrong too. Not too serious but it'll be good to see every KM marking on map.

just got mine from parisilk as well. took a while to lock on to the satellite the first couple of times too. what's the average time that you guys take to lock the signal?

just got mine from parisilk as well. took a while to lock on to the satellite the first couple of times too. what's the average time that you guys take to lock the signal?

between 30secs to 3 mins