Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wukong

Haze Season

do u folks run during a hazy period like now?

i ran 2 days ago, 3km. haze no effect on me but not sure should i cont to run during this haze period anot....

not that bad. just go out and run. the worst is getting a sore throat (like me) :lol:

hey i have a sore throat too man :( i ran from workplace to flyer and back.

now trying to spam water recover in time for sunday run

well, der haze doesnt really affect me... just dat it's damn smelly leh... i feel like i running inside a chimney.

I still do my runs.. but my LSD is significantly harder not because of the haze but due the hot weather.. I can sweat profusely when running at 5am..

Haze in Singapore hits unhealthy range

Posted: 21 October 2010 1801 hrs

SINGAPORE: The haze enveloping Singapore has hit the unhealthy range.

The National Environment Agency (NEA) says the 3-hour PSI reading at 6pm was 108, after crossing over the 100-mark at 5pm.

NEA says that when the air quality is in the unhealthy range, those with underlying conditions such as chronic heart or lung ailments may experience a mild aggravation of their symptoms.

Those without underlying conditions may also experience eye irritation, sneezing or coughing.

It advises those with underlying conditions to reduce physical exertion and outdoor activities.

But since the haze started clouding the skies on 16 October, the number of people visiting the polyclinics for upper respiratory tract infections has not risen.

Figures provided by SingHealth showed that some 1,300 patients visited its polyclinics with such complaints on Monday, some 1,000 on Tuesday and 940 on Wednesday.

The figures were similar to last week's attendance.

NEA said on Wednesday that Singapore can expect more hazy days ahead.

It also said that hot spot activities in Sumatra are expected to persist or escalate.

- CNA/ir/al

The National Environment Agency (NEA) says the 3-hour PSI reading at 6pm was 108, after crossing over the 100-mark at 5pm.

NEA says that when the air quality is in the unhealthy range, those with underlying conditions such as chronic heart or lung ailments may experience a mild aggravation of their symptoms.

Those without underlying conditions may also experience eye irritation, sneezing or coughing.

It advises those with underlying conditions to reduce physical exertion and outdoor activities.

But since the haze started clouding the skies on 16 October, the number of people visiting the polyclinics for upper respiratory tract infections has not risen.

Figures provided by SingHealth showed that some 1,300 patients visited its polyclinics with such complaints on Monday, some 1,000 on Tuesday and 940 on Wednesday.

It also said that hot spot activities in Sumatra are expected to persist or escalate.

- CNA/ir/al

oh no, this looks bad :thumbsdown:

not that bad. just go out and run. the worst is getting a sore throat (like me) :lol:

hey i have a sore throat too man :( i ran from workplace to flyer and back.

now trying to spam water recover in time for sunday run

ran in haze.

then have chest pain.

don't know if they R related?

not sure wanna run sunday or not

not sure whether shall do any long runs in the haze....if the haze stays, definitely will affect the preparation for SCSM... :( ,

not sure whether shall do any long runs in the haze....if the haze stays, definitely will affect the preparation for SCSM... :( ,

same worry here...

same worry here...

Take it as a low week workout..u will be out fresher during the weekend long run. Hopefully the weather man prediction is right, the haze will stay not longer than 3 days.

- CNA/ir/al

eh, i think it is quite nice to run just now :lol: . Really. quite cooling haha...

becos the haze become cloud, it actually cool the temp down. hehe

I woke up at 6AM and was ready to do my morning run but had to crawl back to bed because of allergic rhinitis - itchy eyes, runny nose and nonstop sneezing. Really hating the freakin' haze. :thumbsdown:

In the meantime I'll just settle with the elliptical trainer @ home. Sigh.

i ran both days ytd and day before at 5.1x and 5.3x comfortable tempo pace. i felt ok after that just be mindful on ya breathing.

yest on way home at 630, weather macham gona rain liddat but actually is der haze... riding on der roads wif fumes plus haze not farnie can....

- CNA/ir/al

eh, i think it is quite nice to run just now :lol: . Really. quite cooling haha...

becos the haze become cloud, it actually cool the temp down. hehe

haze becomes cloud? where did you get this info from?