Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

strawberry

Kosice Marathon

2nd October 2011

uncle thought this is a local run, but this is an overseas event, fyi -

Kosice Marathon 2011: 2 Oct 2011

The Marathon of Kosice is the oldest marathon in Europe. Every year on the first Sunday of October athletes from many countries come to Kosice, Slovakia for this suggestive race.

Entry fee and registration

When paid till 30 April 2011 - 30 EUR

When paid till 30 June 2011 - 35 EUR

When paid till 15 September 2011 - 40 EUR

When paid after 15 September 2011 - 50 EUR

Categories:

Men

M (men main category)

M40 1971 - 1962

M60 1951 - 1942

Women

W (women main category)

W40 1971 - 1962

W50 1961 - 1952

W60 1951 and older

wow, uncle interested, anyone joining uncle to europe with strong sing dollar 1 EUR=S$1.eighty cents

I most likely will b gg

It's the oldest marathon in Europe

And kosice is quite a peaceful city in small big country Slovakia

I most likely will b gg

It's the oldest marathon in Europe

And kosice is quite a peaceful city in small big country Slovakia

Do a road trip while you're there, i travelled around Poland, Hungary, Cech rep, Slovakia and Austria. Spent almost 3 weeks, the best road trip I have done, better than Western Europe in my opinion. I bought a guide book at Borders and also relied on Google maps to get me around.

you do not need a visa to travel those countries. i started from Czech Rep, rented a car to travel round those countries before returning back to Czech Rep. No border checks and highway driving between countries is relatively easy. Need to be a little careful in city as the streets are very narrow and parking may be an issue. I bought a good guide book which also provided advice on driving, accommodation and parking. Generally when I am in a city, I take their public transport and walked a lot (you get to see more and really understand the area thru walking). Their train system is modern so you may consider that if not driving. Moving around the city is easy, just get the city map from your hotel reception, some sign language will get you very far. I went to Bratislava and missed Kosice, Bratislava is a beautiful and clean city and I reckon Kosice should not be far off. Some cities you have to go are Krakow (Poland) where you can visit the Nazi concentration camps Auschwitz-Birkenau, Budapest (Hungary), Vienna (Austria) and Prague (Czech Rep). There are other great towns and cities if you have time but those mentioned are the must go places.

you do not need a visa to travel those countries. i started from Czech Rep, rented a car to travel round those countries before returning back to Czech Rep. No border checks and highway driving between countries is relatively easy. Need to be a little careful in city as the streets are very narrow and parking may be an issue. I bought a good guide book which also provided advice on driving, accommodation and parking. Generally when I am in a city, I take their public transport and walked a lot (you get to see more and really understand the area thru walking). Their train system is modern so you may consider that if not driving. Moving around the city is easy, just get the city map from your hotel reception, some sign language will get you very far. I went to Bratislava and missed Kosice, Bratislava is a beautiful and clean city and I reckon Kosice should not be far off. Some cities you have to go are Krakow (Poland) where you can visit the Nazi concentration camps Auschwitz-Birkenau, Budapest (Hungary), Vienna (Austria) and Prague (Czech Rep). There are other great towns and cities if you have time but those mentioned are the must go places.

waa, this forum is really spiced up with european cities that uncle can't even pronounce, so many sla-lah, kow-lah, aus-lah, pest-lah, nazi-lah...sounded like if uncle goes to kosice, better go whole of europe like singapore taking bus...btw is there a direct bus from golden mile to kosice station?