Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

socrates

Nike+ SportWatch GPS

Thanks Jerry. I did research on the Internet on this watch. There is even a facebook page on its problems. Moreover, DC Rainmaker's review was not good. Decided to go for the FR210 myself last month.

Thanks Jerry. I did research on the Internet on this watch. There is even a facebook page on its problems. Moreover, DC Rainmaker's review was not good. Decided to go for the FR210 myself last month.

You've made the right choice. Regardless, the Nike+ Sportwatch is inferior compared to the Garmin Forerunner series.

i think there is a significant price difference too? I saw on their FB page a more stable version is launched..

Is anyone facing problem signing in using iPhone Nike+ GPS?

I kept getting "Connection Error. Connection Timed Out. Please try again later"

It was fine just a few days back during SCMS.

Frustrating!

Is anyone facing problem signing in using iPhone Nike+ GPS?

I kept getting "Connection Error. Connection Timed Out. Please try again later"

It was fine just a few days back during SCMS.

Frustrating!

I have the same problem login to NIKE+ using web browser. After i login to the portal, it refreshed and returned to the login page. Definately not wrong password caused i tried typing the wrong password and it lead me to the incorrect password page. anyone has the same problem?

Ok..just realsed..after waiting for more than a year, I am disappointed with this one. Bulky and not as nice as the photos. Available for $279 in all Nike stores.

Been using for almost 2 months. Tried a couple of other apps, yet i still return back to nike. Maybe it can have an add-on heart rate monitor in the app. Than it will be awesome.

Comex is selling the Nike Gps watch. I dont think its worth it la. you can choose up to 3 colours, with or without footpad. cost is about $237 if I remember correctly. No heart rate function. just purely gps function. After comex and if you wish to get it, you may get it at Funan. I dont know the shop name but it sells tomtom products. haha

Having used the Nike+ sports band for more than 3 years and loving the simplicity, then one fine day, not sure what happened, backside itchy, I bought the Nike+ GPS watch.

And after more than 10 runs with it, I can now say I love the watch. It's equally simple to use (compared to the sports band), and I actually start looking for different routes to run, and that in turn adds fun to the running. The Nike+ website is still a pain when it refuses to let me login, but when it does, it is fun to see the achievements and retrace your steps on the map. I'm definitely having more fun with my runs right now... in fact, I'm writing this in Guangzhou where I just did a 8km this morning for which the GPS locked on and function flawlessly.

I'm a happy camper.

I was one of the first to get the Nike GPS Sportwatch when it was launched in the US back in April 2011. Loved the simplicity, and it does look sleek eventhough a bit oversized. The Nike+ portal is interesting, which you can join virtual competitions with other runners or create one among your friends. The Sportwatch was working like wonder until one day, it decided to stop synching my running data into my PC in September 2011. It can still be charged via the USB, but just cannot connect to my PC at all.

Tried connecting it to different PCs, reinstalling the software, updating the patch, hard reset, soft reset, you name it, i did it. But the result was just the same. That was when i started to look into various forums and found out that i was not alone, and it was a chronic failure in many Nike+ GPS sportwatch worldwide. Nike could not solve the problem at all and can only replace 1-to-1 to most affected users. I had no choice but to send my Sportwatch back to the US for my warranty exchange, and had to wait 1-month to get my replacement.

The replacement watch worked fine, but had the same problem after 1 month!!! That was when i had enough of the Sportwatch and was forced to switch to a Garmin that is less sexy, less exciting but more functional. I hope that Nike has already solved this chronic failure after a year, else they will just get more of their fans switching to other GPS watches just because they are more reliable.

However, i just found a page on Facebook which most users suffering from the defects above are still airing their grievances. Seems that this problem is still not really solved:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nike-Sportwatch-GPS-problems/229596010396998?ref=ts

Letting go of my Nike GPS Sports Watch, BNIB, one week old.

Bought it for $279, letting it go at $250.

Interested parties pls sms me at 96800929.