Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ckszeto69

Beijing International Marathon 2011

31th Beijing International Marathon Race was announced by BIM committee to be held on Oct 16th the usual third Sunday of October.

* Start: 08:00 a.m. at Tian'anmen Square

* Roll Call Time: 07:00 - 07:45 a.m.

* Time Limit for All Events:

5 hours for full marathon, 2h30' for half marathon, 1 hour for 9km marathon and 25 minutes for 4.2km marathon. Runners failing to reach the time limit will be asked to get on a pick-up vehicle.

* Climate: Fine autumn day, the average temperature is around 11-18 degree centigrade.

The official website http://www.beijing-marathon.com/cn/ will probably be updated in June or July period. :clapping:

Thanks for the information, but I check on their website, base on last year cutoff time, seem 5:30 for Full Marathon....2:45 for Half

Am interested to do as having company event during that period :)

31th Beijing International Marathon Race was announced by BIM committee to be held on Oct 16th the usual third Sunday of October.

* Start: 08:00 a.m. at Tian'anmen Square

* Roll Call Time: 07:00 - 07:45 a.m.

* Time Limit for All Events:

5 hours for full marathon, 2h30' for half marathon, 1 hour for 9km marathon and 25 minutes for 4.2km marathon. Runners failing to reach the time limit will be asked to get on a pick-up vehicle.

* Climate: Fine autumn day, the average temperature is around 11-18 degree centigrade.

The official website http://www.beijing-marathon.com/cn/ will probably be updated in June or July period. :clapping:

mmm ... should I go again ... for the 3rd time?

I had a horrible experience at the bag-retrieval station last year. (near "riot" when shivering runners are not able to get our belongings due to some terrible arrangement by the incompetent organization)

Thanks for the information, but I check on their website, base on last year cutoff time, seem 5:30 for Full Marathon....2:45 for Half

Am interested to do as having company event during that period :)

Good for you! btw, the official website is not updated - still hold 2010 information. it will get updated in a few months' time ...

mmm ... should I go again ... for the 3rd time?

I had a horrible experience at the bag-retrieval station last year. (near "riot" when shivering runners are not able to get our belongings due to some terrible arrangement by the incompetent organization)

I did not encounter that at bag retrieval station last year … if I encounter real bad experience two years consecutively in a row, I may give this event a miss for a while … yeah things do happen ... i am sure you are able to make a good decision :) anyway, this is only my 2nd time … 1st time was quite unique ... not sure will I get to see the surging mass of runners breaching the baggage scanning station at the tunnels leading to the startline again? will i see small fight between two young runners at the startline again? Will I not have my results printed at the certificate collection station again? Will I shiver again all the way back to accommodation after the run? I really like to find out … I will take my camera on the go this time :)

Quite similar to what shown for 2010 in reubencht's FB except a few turning points within Beijing Olympic Park. Do make time to do one or two tourist thing e.g. visit the Forbidden City. Cheers!

Felt that this event turned from 'not too bad' (2010) to 'bad' (2011). At the start line, it was packing a large number of participants (FM, HM, 9k, mini) in a small area portion of Tiananmen square. We were literally squeezed like sardines especially near baggage storage vehicles which were parked alongside the square. No space to move about or to stretch even if we arrived one hour before the start. So jostling was the first turn off to the point number bib could be ripped off due to jostling. Still preferred weather of early autumn (2010) to that of late summer (2011). I realised i had sun burn mark on my back lol! Also no thanks to start one hour later at 9 AM, hydration at every water point was a real necessity unlike last year. So much so the water points at 37K and 39 K ran out of cups / water - another turn off. So not a good idea to come back to this event until we know significant improvement in event organization. Understood from a Canadian running mate i bumped into that there was no timing chip in HM. My consolation is, i amazingly survived a 5 hr FM despite having not run for 5 weeks due injury just before the event. So much for my 14th FM :D

Enjoy the run, it's was super good weather around 18-20C in a sunny on the race day, like the route, felt that from starting point all the way down slope till end, only a few bridge need a bit of climbing, else was either flat or down slope, lot of ppl support at the road side, although most of them are senior ppl....

The down side of the race were not enough paper cup for the drink, and ppl drink direct from the bottle :( and I'm a slow runner towards the end around 16km point, all the water point were run out of water, its really hard without water and breathing dry air during winter time...