Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tekko

The North Face 2011 Trail Series

Whether you are an aspiring trail runner or a seasoned racer looking to explore new grounds, we have lined up a series of trail runs in Singapore that offer unparalleled experience! This inaugural trail run series allow beginners to try out the growing sport and for seasoned runners to challenge their minds and bodies leading up to long-distance trail runs such as The North Face 100. Our goal is to provide a fun atmosphere and an amazing yet rewarding off-road experience for all levels of runners!

Push your personal boundaries, Never Stop Exploring.

181755_176616009050590_146302272081964_430066_1820483_n.jpg

Distance: 10 - 15km

Fees: Complimentary (except for The North Face 100 Progressive Runs)

The North Face Trail Run Schedule:

26 Feb, Sat - Bukit Timah Reserve. Meet 7am Bukit Timah Visitor Centre. Distance 12km

19 Mar, Sat - Pulau Ubin. Meet 3pm Changi Ferry Terminal. Distance 12km. Note: Participants have to pay their own ferry fee to Pulau Ubin

23 Apr, Sat - Telok Blangah Hill/Kent Ridge MBT Park/Labrador Park. Meet 7am (meeting point to be advised). Distance 10km.

14 May, Sat - Rifle Range Road/Pipeline Trail/Mandai. Meet 7am Nanok carpark at Rifle Range Road. Distance approx. 15km.

18 Jun, Sat - Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve/Kranji Nature Trail*. Meet 7am entrance of SBWR. Distance 10km.

16 Jul, Sat - Hindhde Nature Park/Bukit Batok Nature Park/Bukit Timah Reserve. Meet 7am at Dairy Farm Carpark. Distance appox. 15km.

Aug - The North Face 100 Progressive Run 1*

Sep - The North Face 100 Progressive Run 2*

*Locations and details are subjected to confirmation.

Participants are to bring along your mobile phone and water supply for the runs. You are advised to apply sunblock and insect repellent. Be prepared to rough it out and get your shoes and attire muddy!

Frequent Runner Rewards

In addition to a great workout, you’ll also enjoy free product samples and frequent runner rewards! Details of the rewards program are as follows:

Completed 3 out of 8 runs - Free Sports Tek towel from The North Face worth $29

Completed 5 out of 8 runs - Free entry to one of the two The North Face 100 Progressive Runs

Completed 7 out of 8 runs - Free entry for The North Face 100 50km Duo. Participants can top up the difference if they would like to participate in the 100km Duo category

Registration

To register, simply email your name, NRIC number and contact number with your chosen trail run session(s) to TNFmarketing@outdoor-venture.com

Slots are available on a first-come, first-served basis. You will receive a confirmation email upon successful registration.

Due to overwhelming response, all slots for The North Face Trail Run Series (except for The North Face Progressive Runs) have been fully taken up. All interested participants who have yet to sign up can still register but will be placed on the waiting list.

The routes for the rest of the series have been revised as follows:

May - Butterfly Trail/Mandai. Distance 15km

June - Pulau Ubin Trail. Distance to be confirmed

July - Woodcutter Trail. Distance to be confirmed

Registration is mostly filled but those who are interested can try their luck on the reserve list. Email to TNFmarketing@outdoor-venture.com. Check out The North Face Singapore FB for more information and updates

The routes for the rest of the series have been revised as follows:

May - Butterfly Trail/Mandai. Distance 15km

June - Pulau Ubin Trail. Distance to be confirmed

July - Woodcutter Trail. Distance to be confirmed

Registration is mostly filled but those who are interested can try their luck on the reserve list. Email to TNFmarketing@outdoor-venture.com. Check out The North Face Singapore FB for more information and updates

is Ubin session in the afternoon?

if so, this means can still join the Banana Relay in the morning!

The next run is on the 16 July 2011 and we will be tackling the Woodcutter's Trail. Distance will be approximately 15km. Be prepared for a wet and fun run.

Although registration is already full, there may be some last minute withdrawal. Therefore, those who are interested and haven't register yet can put in your name to TNFmarketing@outdoor-venture.comand see whether you can get a slot.

didn't know that there are so many keen trail runners, --a good sign, hopefully more trail running routes in singapore.

didn't know that there are so many keen trail runners, --a good sign, hopefully more trail running routes in singapore.

I second that, instead of laying tarmac through natural areas(like many of the park connectors), it will be really cool if we can have more trail tracks instead.

(sorry for veering off topic!)

i already put in my name.. but i think the waiting list is very long.. haha..

can..er.. gatecrash bo? but i bring my own water and everything..

y cannot!!! :)

I second that, instead of laying tarmac through natural areas(like many of the park connectors), it will be really cool if we can have more trail tracks instead.

yah, they should really turn the green corridor to one, not lay tarmac over the train tracks, but convert it to a real trail linking to bukit timah nature reserve. all in, will be able to host our first 100mile (166km) race!!

the rails along the KTM railway will be handed over to SLA, and inside info is that development of condo and commercial uses...PCNs are handled by NParks, and if you want a green corridor, visit new tampines eco trail park, just a short distance from tampines sunplaza can run 100km ultra trail runs in loops...that one is the best NParks can do and one of the most expensive projects to clear swarmpy land to a recreational green park...5-o) god brother-in-law is SLA CEO said,"please don't speculate, the masterplan blue print has decided."

i think the PCN and the trails can be used to do a ultimate trail running around singapore.. u need to have places like these to put the bigger water point, the medical tents.. etc...

the rails along the KTM railway will be handed over to SLA, and inside info is that development of condo and commercial uses...PCNs are handled by NParks, and if you want a green corridor, visit new tampines eco trail park, just a short distance from tampines sunplaza can run 100km ultra trail runs in loops...that one is the best NParks can do and one of the most expensive projects to clear swarmpy land to a recreational green park...5-o) god brother-in-law is SLA CEO said,"please don't speculate, the masterplan blue print has decided."

loops are so boring...if i want to do loops i rather run round the stadium..

yah, they should really turn the green corridor to one, not lay tarmac over the train tracks, but convert it to a real trail linking to bukit timah nature reserve. all in, will be able to host our first 100mile (166km) race!!

Then you will get another set of people who will complain said no facilities, muddy, etc etc and gahmen must improve the place bah bah bah.

Then you will get another set of people who will complain said no facilities, muddy, etc etc and gahmen must improve the place bah bah bah.

Sounds like they will probably build something economically beneficial on it since they exchanged the "Green Corridor" for some land in the city area (Marina South and Rochor). Convert it to trails and just let vegetation take over? Highly unlikely. They will probably not only be tarmac on it, but boulders of concrete too. And they will certainly like the idea of expanding the "Green Corridor" by clearing of the surrounding vegetation.

I say, don't hold your hopes up too high. Just look at Bukit Brown. Thankfully, memories still last a lifetime.

A sneak preview of what to expect at next week TNF's Run #6 Woodcutter's Trail run.

looks fun! i just bought the TNF Enduro Boa hydration pack using the TNF 100 participant discount -- just in time to use this weekend :)

see you all this Saturday

aigh.. can gatecrash this event or not?

i think can email to them? quick quick!

i would like to thank all the run leaders and chris for bringing us trail running to all the various locations scattered around singapore. thanks guys and gals, and fellow trail runners for the company! :thumbsup: