Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2coolcats

Running Shades

Hi guys, im looking at buying a pair of shades for running. The grip has to be very good because i really perspire a lot!

Can anyone recommend me a place (retail or online) to get good deals for the shades? Maybe oakley or rudy?

Thanks! :)

Amazon has some good deals! Im using a half jacket and Whisker for running and cycling. Whisker being the one with prescription.

You can try www.spekkies.net

The website's locally based here. My girlfriend ordered a pair of Oakleys flak Jacket from them before. You should drop them an email first though, just to make sure they have the pair you want in stock.

thanks for reply guys.

Which type of lens/frame do you think is suited for running?

I checked out the M frame from Oakley and they looked really cool on the cyclists. Suitable for runners? or overly flashy?

I'm actually using golf shades (didn't think it mattered when i bought it), Adidas Adivista S, which i got from here.

I also have this and use it for the nike city run.. Also have the evil eye.

I'm actually using golf shades (didn't think it mattered when i bought it), Adidas Adivista S, which i got from here.

I also have this and use it for the nike city run.. Also have the evil eye.

You can drop by Oakley counter at Takashimaya to try the models and then order online. I got Radar Path and it fits perfectly.

order online? oakley?

i think official oakley shop do not allow online ordering... at least they do not ship to singapore or to any PO box.

nowadays oakley wants the warrenty card as well as the receipt from the shop u bought from when you go to the service centre...

so for those that want to buy from parallel importer..pleas take note.

yo thanks ok. Anyone uses rudy proj for running? afraid that those sunglasses worn by cyclists would be too flashy/big for my face!

yo thanks ok. Anyone uses rudy proj for running? afraid that those sunglasses worn by cyclists would be too flashy/big for my face!

I wear either ekynox SX or Exowind to run. Big is good as it protect ur eye against flying debris.

order online? oakley?

i think official oakley shop do not allow online ordering... at least they do not ship to singapore or to any PO box.

nowadays oakley wants the warrenty card as well as the receipt from the shop u bought from when you go to the service centre...

so for those that want to buy from parallel importer..pleas take note.

apparently amazon sells them, but i did not see carefully if sg allowed. can do a borderlinx delivery? its definitely much cheaper.

I used to wear a pair of Rydons for running. But I find them kinda casual looking.. :P Nowadays I prefer my m-frame with hybrid s lens, which imo is a more conservative lens compared to the sweep lens

hey do you know where to buy prescription lenses for sunglasses. Was thinking of getting oakleys and wanna get prescription lens for them.

hey do you know where to buy prescription lenses for sunglasses. Was thinking of getting oakleys and wanna get prescription lens for them.

It will be very expensive. If ur degree is hi, these glasses will not be thin.

I have very hi degree of Astigmatism. The best solution i have is Rudy shades with prescription insert.

Cheaper to wear contact lenses and normal oakley specs.

Not every1 can wear contact. I can't because my eye is very dry.

I bought this shades from AA shop, where it covers your whole glasses. Quite light. Brand is Skyline and it's polarised. Around $36++.

I bought this shades from AA shop, where it covers your whole glasses. Quite light. Brand is Skyline and it's polarised. Around $36++.

I recall seeing this at some petrol stations too. Does it fog up?

I recall seeing this at some petrol stations too. Does it fog up?

So far only use for driving. Have not use it for running. But since my own glasses does not fog up, I assume it will not since the shades is outside my glasses.

Dude, the kind of sunglasses you get, depend what do you want to use it for?

I use mine for cycling and trails running and I have my fair shares of dropping, breaking, losing and the all time favourites of accidentally sitting on it. Financially speaking, it makes more senses to get reasonably priced sunglasses. Eventually settled on the sunglasses endorsed by the Ironman. Sincetriathletes are notorious for being particular about their equipment, it has to be reasonably priced and most important it has to work and not to mention I can get them easily anywhere. Used them for several years and quite impressed with them.

anyone has consider using those lens that changes in darkness depending on the ambient light? If you start early in the morning, the sunglass can be a bit too dark to wear. With the changing light condition, i take it the lens can adapt accordingly. I know it is not as dark as a normal sunglass but i think it should be good enough?