Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lspua

Barefoot, Vibram, Minimalist Runners

just checking, anyone here now serving NS who tried taking unit's IPPT 2.4km barefoot..?

nsman here, i took ippt shuttle run & 2.4 at my unit and also at maju (non ict ippt).

no one intervened.

in fact, my unit had regulars who were vff wearers too.

but barefoot, i doubt.

safety may disallow, best to check with them.

else, use vff.

Hi guys, I run in vibram kso/bikila + vivobarefoot evo

i find NB minimus to be flawed even with the new design, way too narrow at the arch.

btw I am from Woodlands.

started running in vff komodo sport LS not long ago. still trying to get used to it and not heel strike when tired. longest run in VFF abt 3km.

started running in vff komodo sport LS not long ago. still trying to get used to it and not heel strike when tired. longest run in VFF abt 3km.

enjoy the barefoot feel and take your time :) progressive training will build your mileage

I started transition after last year's sundown marathon and now I'm doing trail with vff spyridon and luna sandals

what is the latest more 'satki' vibram nowadays to use.. my KSO use until disintegrate already.... planning to shop a new one..

what is the latest more 'satki' vibram nowadays to use.. my KSO use until disintegrate already.... planning to shop a new one..

I like my Bikila more than my KSO. KSO feels more minimal and if you like that, I think the Seeya is rather suitable. Review here.

I think it's the chioest looking Vibram as well. Satki enough?

been using the seeya since mid last year; loving it. was a KSO fan for the longest time. started with bikila and didnt like or take to it.

I like my Bikila more than my KSO. KSO feels more minimal and if you like that, I think the Seeya is rather suitable. Review here.

I think it's the chioest looking Vibram as well. Satki enough?

haha... satki! but i dun like the 'look' of the seeya. and quite a lousy name .. keke..

i also like the bikila for the nicer feel when wearing.. the kso is very raw....and can cut..

let see see look look... ehhehe

Guys...am thinking of ordering the Seeya from Amazon but have trouble with the sizing. It says here "36 M EU", "37 M EU", "5B(M) US", "5.5B(M) US" etc. I know my Seeya is W38...which isn't found in the drop down box. What's the equivalent? Where can I check this?

Amazon link

cassie, hope uncle can answer your shoe size woes..

5B(M) US..
The B and the M are width indicators.
The measured width is assigned a letter (or combination of letters), taken from a table (indexed to length and width). See examples below: (each starting with the narrowest width):

* A, B, C, D, E, EE, EEE, EEEE, F, G
* 4A, 3A, 2A, A, B, C, D, E, 2E, 3E, 4E, 5E, 6E
* N (narrow), M (medium) or R (regular), W (wide)

The A-E width indicators used by some US and UK shoe manufacturers are typically based on the width of the foot, and common step sizes are 1/16 of an inch.

and regarding your W38.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Shoesize-adult-en.svg .. from a VFF owner perspective.. size must be snug..just tightly..like 1/2size-1size down..better if you can measure the sole of own foot in inch..from the chart.."shoe" one seems to fit uncle's VFF.. well.. at M41..and uncle likes 2E..wider toe mouth..explains why adidas shoes..toe mouth narrower..needs to wear 1/2 or 1 size up..but still don't feel "fit" snugly..

and for lspua.. barefoot community run?.. only event is Bare your sole charity walk @ Gardens by the bay - 1 JUNE 2013 .. uncle not there.. uncle will be barefoot sand and swim at ECP..and sandal run sundown 42km.. but, why not we just chitchat in this wonderful forum.. sharing and motivating each other.. next time at race.. guess who is running barefoot..guess and call their avatars.. uncle's one.. so easy to spot.. because uncle wears cheep cheep sports sandals from market..everyone laughs one :turned:

when your vibrams peeled off (sole, toes), what sort of glues do you guys use? seems like it will likely seep into the inner sole?