Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ShiNn

Tights (2XU vs Zoot Vs Nike Pro Vs Skins)

Hi guys,

I am new to the community and am looking for tights (shorts) that will take me thru this year's standard chartered 42km.

of all the brands listed, whiich will be better?

Hi guys,

I am new to the community and am looking for tights (shorts) that will take me thru this year's standard chartered 42km.

What about adidas PowerWeb ??? Have you check this out too ???

Hi guys,

What about adidas PowerWeb ??? Have you check this out too ???

just my 2 cents... 2XU, Zoot and Skins look like they can be worn outside while Nike Pro looks a bit like inner wear :blush:

just get a tights that suits you, in term of price and comfort. I use to wear Nike Pro then to Skins to 2XU than now I'm wearing ACE Compression tights (local brand). I ask the same question with to the expert when i was in Gold Coast getting ready for the Gold Coast Marathon, and they said that it depends, some tights are good to a person doesn't mean it will be good for you. Some get rashes and depending on the climate also, some tights are not suitable for our local climate as it will leave you all sweaty and sticky as it takes longer time for the sweat to disperse and dry.

OH, another thing.. when i was in Gold Coast and I ask them about 2XU.. I read it as 2(EX)U, they gave me a stern look and ask what is that I'm referring to. 2XU is actually pronounce at 2(TIMES)U it's double your potential. Get the name right first! LOL! ;p

Cheers! (:

just get a tights that suits you, in term of price and comfort. I use to wear Nike Pro then to Skins to 2XU than now I'm wearing ACE Compression tights (local brand). I ask the same question with to the expert when i was in Gold Coast getting ready for the Gold Coast Marathon, and they said that it depends, some tights are good to a person doesn't mean it will be good for you. Some get rashes and depending on the climate also, some tights are not suitable for our local climate as it will leave you all sweaty and sticky as it takes longer time for the sweat to disperse and dry.

OH, another thing.. when i was in Gold Coast and I ask them about 2XU.. I read it as 2(EX)U, they gave me a stern look and ask what is that I'm referring to. 2XU is actually pronounce at 2(TIMES)U it's double your potential. Get the name right first! LOL! ;p

Cheers! (:

Hi, what is your comment on the ACE Compression tights? As i am thinking of getting one. :rolleyes:

okay... about SKINS... they are really SKINS!... i think they are pretty transparent...

the other day i see this big buy wear it on this bicycle.. wah.. from the back...er.. can almost see though the black tights...

Cheers! (:

Hahahaha..... I like tis.

okay... about SKINS... they are really SKINS!... i think they are pretty transparent...

the other day i see this big buy wear it on this bicycle.. wah.. from the back...er.. can almost see though the black tights...

aiyo... can't imagine if it is white in colour! :P

aiyo... can't imagine if it is white in colour! :P

don' think got white lah

anyway just for reference...

i personally wore nike, adidas, new balance and skinx...

i dun find skins exactly that nice, just a personal feel...

as for the rest i probably would tink my adidas would rank 1st followed by new balance followed by nike...

2 cents

I've got compression gear from three out of the four brands listed above - 2XU, Nike Pro and Skins. Personally, I prefer Skins - the material feels thinner than the 2XUs, but it feels tighter, compression-wise, at least to me. Also, because it's thinner, it's actually cooler to run in. I also don't like the fact that 2XUs have a draw-string at the waist - I mean, it's supposed to be tight. Instead, the draw-string causes me abrasions when I do long distances. If you only need calf sleeves though, the 2XUs rock. I don't really feel much compression in the Nike Pros, and just use them as normal running tights. Tried on the Zoots, but didn't buy them; they felt like they had the most compression, but they were really thick, and the price was the most expensive out of all the brands.

I have a friend selling 2XU at queensway. He told me about Nike pro is really thin. And comparing Skins VS 2XU, 2XU actually last longer. This might be biased. =O