Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Run Wild, Run Free

The Most Beautiful Marathon Course In The World

Switzerland - It is taking place this Saturday and of course the 4000 slots available was fully booked.

The registration for the 19th running of the Jungfrau Marathon in 2011 begins in early October.

For 2009 photos, see attached link.

http://www.jungfrau-marathon.ch/ws2/en/marathon2/pictures/2009-2/

Route starts at altitude of 566m in Interlaken and ends at 2100m Kleine Scheidegg; not for the faint-hearted.

And this is only the "base camp" to the highest point in Europe.

Having been to both places (not for the marathon of course), it is truly magical, so picturesque like something out of a postcard.

Switzerland - It is taking place this Saturday and of course the 4000 slots available was fully booked.

The registration for the 19th running of the Jungfrau Marathon in 2011 begins in early October.

For 2009 photos, see attached link.

http://www.jungfrau-marathon.ch/ws2/en/marathon2/pictures/2009-2/

Route starts at altitude of 566m in Interlaken and ends at 2100m Kleine Scheidegg; not for the faint-hearted.

And this is only the "base camp" to the highest point in Europe.

Having been to both places (not for the marathon of course), it is truly magical, so picturesque like something out of a postcard.

it is one of the most beautiful marathons in the world... but its only most beautiful if you survive until the 38km!!! the 1st half is just normal... from 25km to 28km is simply brutal... the upslope is so steep that i could only walk... luckily, once you clear the last cut-off timing at 38km mark (5hrs 35mins - thereabout), they'll let you finish... they are not so particular about exact cut-off... i managed to complete in only 6hrs 30mins 50secs... otherwise, i won't have any finisher tee and medal...