Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

absoluthal

Garmin Forerunner® 305

i think u need to use it more to get used to it...

i am sure they gave you two band ... try both to see how it fits...

initially u will definetly feel the weight.. but after a while.. u wont feel it...

if the band really hurt you.. u can try to get the quick release set

quick-release1 quick-release2

ehheeh senza u also use 305? i tot more for guys? so big.. u wear it around ur thigh?

thanks all, i love that site review by that american guy.. very detail and nice.

yea I using 305 too. lol. yesterday after a run, someone commented, OMG!!! ur watch is so big!!! I was so embarrassed! hahaha....

but then for my thigh, needs at least 3-4 watches to cover :lol:

initially u will definetly feel the weight.. but after a while.. u wont feel it...

looks like Velcro strap to me. why not try at DIY shops see if anything fit :)

senza, u using the original rubber strap that came along with the set? did u switch to the other strap? seriously how u find it? coz i am using it for first time, i feel very uncomfortable...

senza, u using the original rubber strap that came along with the set? did u switch to the other strap? seriously how u find it? coz i am using it for first time, i feel very uncomfortable...

yea... using the original one.

normally when I run, I only feel few things, one of them is if my legs still in tact. The watch I never feel anything. hahahaa....

wahhahaha... senza.. u don't say like dat leh... later horny... whahah..

what is this, man? :shok:

don't scare me huh....

u taking the watch to PBIM too? u running FM or HM?

FM. LOL. auntie needs to shed some weight before the Christmas and new year time hehee

bro,

do u know where to get this velcro strap ??

i want the strap too... hellhole darling never tell us where to find..

one more question on setting data field for the watch... i know can set pace.. which is how fast u run per km..

but anyway to set speed? meaning how many km u run per hour?

i want the strap too... hellhole darling never tell us where to find..

one more question on setting data field for the watch... i know can set pace.. which is how fast u run per km..

but anyway to set speed? meaning how many km u run per hour?

Yup please tell us where to get this locally...I don't want to buy this from Amazon and get burned with shipping charges.

I actually phoned Allbright and the guy who answered told me it was $50. Not sure if waht he had in the shop was what I asked for.

its not only a velco strap only...

i did not get it locally... i bought it off amazon... and i didn't really got carrot head..

as i also bought a quick release for the 405 and some other stuff... furthermore it was on sale and discounted shipment and also low USD :) so i bought.

50 dollar.. i think okay lah... ask allbright to let u try..??

Maybe if someone wanna buy smtg from amazon.com can tumpang la ....

if not its not worth to spent money on e shipping charge ...

I bought this last month, but found the velcro a bit long for my small wrist. Now switched back to the original strap. If anyone interested PM me.

finally found the pace and speed setting.. haiz i tot can have both of them together but only one... u guys normally use pace or speed?

Would prefer pace..as has I set the lap to beep every km which make it relevant. If on the track, u can set it to autolap by position. However, I leave it alone as most my runs are not on the track to save the trouble of keep changing and not registering the laps.

guys just wanna check, how long it takes for ur watch to acquire GPS signals?

To me,

it depends on location .

Near to my house it normally took abt btwn 3 to 5 mins.

Other places it took less than 1 min ....

first u must understand what affect GPS... tall buildings, high structures.. some antenna lines, tunnels...

if u understand that.. then u koe know how to get better signal ...

first u must understand what affect GPS... tall buildings, high structures.. some antenna lines, tunnels...

u think inception... i can architect the landscape? sometimes no choice what

u think inception... i can architect the landscape? sometimes no choice what

duh.. just avoid these and u will get better and faster signal....

try to avoid if possible lor... i wanna dictate where to run and not let the watch dictates where i run ma..

btw.. i notice the batt is not as weak.. coz u can turn off the GPS.. i have been using this for 3 hours.. and the batt still show 100%.. 2.5 hours on gps and 30 mins without gps. not bad eh.

try to avoid if possible lor... i wanna dictate where to run and not let the watch dictates where i run ma..

btw.. i notice the batt is not as weak.. coz u can turn off the GPS.. i have been using this for 3 hours.. and the batt still show 100%.. 2.5 hours on gps and 30 mins without gps. not bad eh.

eh u did not record any data? hmm maybe the battery usage meter not so accurate..do take note, if less than 30% battery left better to charge before heading out, I have experience it going off in long runs and it was around 30% before the run. Normally, the usage should be around 9%-10% per hour.

thanks edison i will take note.. the bar meter still 100% dunno why... i got record data, i can still history.. the moment i started playing with it for a few mins to 2 runs i clocked.

thanks edison i will take note.. the bar meter still 100% dunno why... i got record data, i can still history.. the moment i started playing with it for a few mins to 2 runs i clocked.

oh..see how it goes, can get history and recording shows it is working well..maybe the watch is new needs sometime or some software updating.Garmin forerunner 305 software link

btw, i just got this from amazon.com

just wondering, after exercise, do you wash the watch under tap water to rinse off all the sweat? i wash my polar rs200 under tap water after every exercise. so not sure whether can do that for garmin 305.