Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

absoluthal

Garmin Forerunner® 305

turn off watch or turn off gps? like the comments i read the batt life only last 8 hours when use.. so cannot be everyday i go and charge it so it won't die off... i want to just "turn it off" and keep it.. so how does it turn off? is it like computer you turn off the watch as in the entire watch is off, no activity at all... or u can turn off those batt sucking function like GPS, so that it still on but displaying time like a normal watch?

305 can serve the purpose of totally turning off the watch. There's the power button, top left at the side.

To tell time without the gps will be models 405 or 310, 110.

i see... kum xia bro... hmm.. 305 is really very tempting... although i prefer 110 though.. but the price hor... haiz.. think just buy 305 will do..

turn off watch or turn off gps? like the comments i read the batt life only last 8 hours when use.. so cannot be everyday i go and charge it so it won't die off... i want to just "turn it off" and keep it.. so how does it turn off? is it like computer you turn off the watch as in the entire watch is off, no activity at all... or u can turn off those batt sucking function like GPS, so that it still on but displaying time like a normal watch?

305 can serve the purpose of totally turning off the watch. There's the power button, top left at the side.

I thought 305 when choose "indoor" it will turn off GPS?

i see... kum xia bro... hmm.. 305 is really very tempting... although i prefer 110 though.. but the price hor... haiz.. think just buy 305 will do..

i think 305 is gd enuff ....

cheap n good !!

size doesnt matter in this case .....

I thought 305 when choose "indoor" it will turn off GPS?

yea can..but switching to indoor mode does not enhance the battery life a lot. I think the battery life still less than a day. Hehe so off it when not using is better.

np..Well, the 305 has many useful feature the 110 don't possess. The gps use I think also the same, somemore come with the hrm. It is in no way inferior to the 110 lor. The Hrm alone already cost us$50 thereabouts, which makes the watch itself us$99 effectively. The only advantage of the 110 has, it is new.

just got my 305 before noon, took about 10 days from the day i orderd...costs about S$209....really a bargain comparing with buying local....

can't wait to test it tonight!

lwm bro, I realise I lost my O-ring for the hrm battery cover, possible to get a replacement? I guess this explains the erratic values reported during exercise.

lwm bro, I realise I lost my O-ring for the hrm battery cover, possible to get a replacement? I guess this explains the erratic values reported during exercise.

Aiyo, I don't sell Garmin why you ask me? Better check with local agents Navicom or Allbright.

take picture and show us :)

check that everything it there... charge it... try the HRM.. and then go out for a run :D

bros.. i just received my 305. Any tips on what i should be doing the moment i open the box?

eh..i think charge the watch abt 2 hrs? Settings nothing much..not for the time I think has it goes by gps.. Maybe Settings> General> Units - Change distance and pace to Metric

Data fields also seem gd i think. GPS I think if outdoor will autodetect, or u can Settings> General> System

I am not very sure, as quite sometime last used it. Enjoy your playing with your new toy! :icecream:

thanks bro... when i go back i'll take photos...

charge 2 hours only? not like phone right? always ask us charge 8 hours or somethng...

err nah..the battery charge got percentage..it will stays at 100% for a while longer (10-15 mins est) until they show complete then its done. Maybe charging time could be faster.

charge 2 hours only? not like phone right? always ask us charge 8 hours or somethng...

the first time charging should leave 8hrs or more. last time i put 12hrs. hehe...

but this article says otherwise: http://batteryuniversity.com/print-partone-12.htm

the battery used in 305 is lithium-ion

ok i will la.... if only the manual is interactive like the forum

forum can do the "sweetie pick me up" right :spiteful: :spiteful:

the first time charging should leave 8hrs or more. last time i put 12hrs. hehe...

but this article says otherwise: http://batteryuniversity.com/print-partone-12.htm

After I received my 305 back (so-called replacement set) from the "official doctor", battery life enough for 1 LSD only.

ehheeh senza u also use 305? i tot more for guys? so big.. u wear it around ur thigh?

thanks all, i love that site review by that american guy.. very detail and nice.

hey bros.. the adapter comes in those plug that i can't plug into our socket leh... everyone got the same plug too? can change that pin thingie or not? coz i can assemble and disassemble it

finally managed to FR the watch...

first of all. my happiness rating is about 95%... it does what it promises.

however contrary to what many people say... the watch is thick and big.. u WILL feel it when u wear it.. it's like wearing a gold bracelet while running.. if only it is 99.9% gold. i don't feel comfortable wearing it at all.. as it keeps hitting my wrist bone. I am not used to wearing watches with the clock facing up.. so i will try wearing it with the face on my wrist.. i hope it can pick up signals.