Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

absoluthal

Garmin Forerunner® 305

$50+ if im not wrong. I ordered from amazon, first timer shipping discount from ocbc $20. Vpost shipped 6 days reached me.

anyone can advise how much the vpost shipping charges are? :)

Do anyone know whether the Comex 2010 now at Suntec City has a booth selling either selling Garmin 305 of 310XT?

For those that is interested in the Forerunner 305 or 310XT. Allbright got a booth in Comex,

305 - $329

310XT - $539 w HRM $469 w/o HRM

Do anyone know whether the Comex 2010 now at Suntec City has a booth selling either selling Garmin 305 of 310XT?

For those that is interested in the Forerunner 305 or 310XT. Allbright got a booth in Comex,

305 - $329

310XT - $539 w HRM $469 w/o HRM

Just to share, I bought FR305 online via Amazon.com and paid S$215. As for shipping via V-post cost S$13.9 with OCBC discount. I think this is cheaper than those shop selling here. The best thing is they deliver it to my door within 6 days after I paid my shipping cost online.

interested in buying from Amazon....but how about warranty, would servicing be done in Singapore or need to send the watch back to the US?

interested in buying from Amazon....but how about warranty, would servicing be done in Singapore or need to send the watch back to the US?

Hi Dalston, Please look at page 2..no. 26, I suppose it still apply now. For Asia, have to send to taiwan. :)

Anyone know how long is the hrm suppose to last, used mine like 2 years..I change battery recently but still getting quite erratic values than usual. Thanks.

Hi Dalston, Please look at page 2..no. 26, I suppose it still apply now. For Asia, have to send to taiwan. :)

Anyone know how long is the hrm suppose to last, used mine like 2 years..I change battery recently but still getting quite erratic values than usual. Thanks.

The erratic hr values could be due to incorrectly worn hrm or dry skin or your running shirt material. You can do a search on the internet for the solution to this issue.

i got my garmin 405 when it was released in the us through roadrunner sports. allbright here in singapore still replaced with a reconditioned model for the cost of shipping/repair to taiwan, they just checked serial no. at the back to make sure it is genuine

Just wish to check if you guys share the Garmin Connect running updates to Facebook? I find the sharing function too 'bland' with just a link. Anyone using any 3rd party apps to share more 'aesthetically' pleasing Garmin updates with key stats like distance, pace, time etc to Facebook? I was previously using the "Nike+ Running Monitor" facebook app to update Nike+ stats to Facebook and its much more informative. The key stats are shown without having to click on the link (as in the case for Garmin Connect)

Just wish to check if you guys share the Garmin Connect running updates to Facebook? I find the sharing function too 'bland' with just a link. Anyone using any 3rd party apps to share more 'aesthetically' pleasing Garmin updates with key stats like distance, pace, time etc to Facebook? I was previously using the "Nike+ Running Monitor" facebook app to update Nike+ stats to Facebook and its much more informative. The key stats are shown without having to click on the link (as in the case for Garmin Connect)

I know you can download 305 data to RunningAhead, and the site has a FB application to show your workout. You may want to check if it has what you want.

I know you can download 305 data to RunningAhead, and the site has a FB application to show your workout. You may want to check if it has what you want.

Thanks for the RunningAHEAD recommendation. I tried several websites that take Garmin data - endomondo, runningAhead, MyMotionBased, and I think I'll settle for MyMotionBased since it has a good FB app and it automtically updates to my facebook once I upload data to Garmin Connect.

Hi,

Since this thread is on Garmin Forerunner 305, like to find out from you ppl on:

1) Is Amazon the cheapest alternative to getting the watch?

2) What's the diff between getting the watch in Amazon and SG?

guys can this be worn as normal wrist watch? with the GPS turn off

would u? technically u can.. as you can set the display to be only 1 and put the time as it.

but its BIG! i know the rage now is big watch...but this is HUGH! :D

but.. its only 12-14hour(?) still u have to charge it daily...

Hi,

Since this thread is on Garmin Forerunner 305, like to find out from you ppl on:

1) Is Amazon the cheapest alternative to getting the watch?

2) What's the diff between getting the watch in Amazon and SG?

1) yes! esp now as the US dollar has dropped further! unless u got a friend going to US.

2) nothing different the watch in US and singapore. probably warranty..but i think if u read up a afew thread.. i think people are successful in getting things exchanged from the local authorized dealer. anyway..the 305 is well into its manufacturing cycle.. i doubt u will get problem that u need to exchange it.

I had been using this Forerunner 305 for a while, however always encounter a problem that it will auto shut off while running with it.

anyone encounter this before?

then can u turn it back on again?

I had been using this Forerunner 305 for a while, however always encounter a problem that it will auto shut off while running with it.

anyone encounter this before?

Yes - i had this problem. Its likely that the gold contacts between the top half of the watch and the bottom half are not touching properly. If this is within warranty, then send it to Garmin and they will fix it for you. Else it will cost you 79USD just to send to Taiwan and get this fixed by Garmin.

What did i do? I forced open the watch, saw that it was indeed a loose contact problem, went to Simlim towers, and asked an uncle to do an external rerouting of the circuit with a wire (i.e. not through circuit board) for 1 contact. He did that for 4$, i came back and sealed the 2 halves shut using silicone sealant.

My watch is now working as good as new.

Tip: Take a small piece of tape and close the 4 small holes you have at the bottom of the watch where the speaker is. Water gets in (i.e. sweat) and corrodes the wiring.

one more question... if i am not using the GPS function.. can i turn it off or something? so that the batt can last more than 8 hours or so? how do u keep it when you are not using it?

one more question... if i am not using the GPS function.. can i turn it off or something? so that the batt can last more than 8 hours or so? how do u keep it when you are not using it?

yea u can turn off the watch. Turning off the gps alone doesn't save much battery. That's when other model like the 405 comes in useful with their power save mode. That being said the 305 is still a wonderful watch to have, like the colour. :thumbsup:

yea u can turn off the watch. Turning off the gps alone doesn't save much battery. That's when other model like the 405 comes in useful with their power save mode. That being said the 305 is still a wonderful watch to have, like the colour. :thumbsup:

er... 305 can turn off...

405 cannot turn off

turn off watch or turn off gps? like the comments i read the batt life only last 8 hours when use.. so cannot be everyday i go and charge it so it won't die off... i want to just "turn it off" and keep it.. so how does it turn off? is it like computer you turn off the watch as in the entire watch is off, no activity at all... or u can turn off those batt sucking function like GPS, so that it still on but displaying time like a normal watch?

turn off watch or turn off gps? like the comments i read the batt life only last 8 hours when use.. so cannot be everyday i go and charge it so it won't die off... i want to just "turn it off" and keep it.. so how does it turn off? is it like computer you turn off the watch as in the entire watch is off, no activity at all... or u can turn off those batt sucking function like GPS, so that it still on but displaying time like a normal watch?

305 can serve the purpose of totally turning off the watch. There's the power button, top left at the side.

To tell time without the gps will be models 405 or 310, 110.

eh my fr305 the sound already gone case liao. i think there's some corrosion in the inside or what ever since i got caught in the rain in one of my trainings. do the shop fix this? since i got it from amazon, there's no warranty locally right?

im using dailymile.