Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

absoluthal

Garmin Forerunner® 305

Is the 305 better than 405? Not to mention about the size and looks.

It depends..the 405 can turn off the gps and have a week standby (watch mode) assuming u do like 4 workout a week each an hour, however it can't power off. The 405 can. The 305 has 4 fields of data u can set with larger digits compared to the 405 (3). At $215, its value for money, easily $100 cheaper.

Thanks for the infos. If I order from USA, the charger is compatible with Singapore?

What about the warranty? Do I need to send it back to USA for repairs if it's faulty?

Hi zong, I charge it using the mini usb plug into the pc. Regarding repairs, I am not so sure if it is still the same. Info which I got was sometime back for warranty, have to send the unit to Taiwan for repairs.

Below is some info on warranty,

Info on Garmin International Warranty and How to obtain warranty service from Singapore:

Garmin worldwide warranty policy. Pls register your Garmin GPS at here for warranty.

Garmin failures are quite rare but if it really does happen, just get an RMA from Garmin and send the unit back to Garmin Taiwan. To get RMA:

- Email Garmin Asia, Marketing Dept: Marketing.Asia@garmin.com, telling them your GPS serial number and the fault.

- Garmin Asia will send you RMA form with RMA number.

- Fill up the RMA form (including your credit card info for them to charge the return shipping cost) and print it out.

- Send the faulty GPS TOGETHER with printed RMA form back to Garmin Asia via Speedpost Air Parcel (cost to mail unit to Taiwan is S$20.90), Regular Registered Postage cost is about S$10.

- After repairs are done in about 4-5 working days, Garmin Taiwan will ship the unit back to you via DHL for US$37 (charged to your credit card).

- All courier fee for repairs is borne by owner

something I noticed about charging. Charging through USB is lees fully charged compare to wall charger. I also read some reviews saying the same thing online.

@zong. Yes, for sets purchased in US. It comes with US charger pin type (supports 100-240v, so can use locally).

IMHO, FR110 is not a bad choice compare to 305. Though I love my 305's big display (4 fields can be displayed at once), 110 has a more watch look. Ant+ is a nice feature too.

something I noticed about charging. Charging through USB is lees fully charged compare to wall charger. I also read some reviews saying the same thing online.

@zong. Yes, for sets purchased in US. It comes with US charger pin type (supports 100-240v, so can use locally).

IMHO, FR110 is not a bad choice compare to 305. Though I love my 305's big display (4 fields can be displayed at once), 110 has a more watch look. Ant+ is a nice feature too.

Hi,

Thanks for the infos! FR110 is the new watch right? Cost slightly higher than 305.

Performance wise comparable?

@zong, 110 is more expensive. About 40 USD more. Spec wise is comparable,(main differences to me, 110 has Ant+, 305 has 4 fields display).

Hi,

Thanks for the infos! FR110 is the new watch right? Cost slightly higher than 305.

This is wrong forum thread so I apologise first.

But the best blog I've ever read on the Garmin FR 110 is here: Blog review on FR110 link

Hi,

This is wrong forum thread so I apologise first.

But the best blog I've ever read on the Garmin FR 110 is here: Blog review on FR110 link

Interesting blog kc! Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup: I haven't had a detail read up of the 110 before that.

@zong, 110 is more expensive. About 40 USD more. Spec wise is comparable,(main differences to me, 110 has Ant+, 305 has 4 fields display).

Icic, singapore havent start selling the FR 110 right?

I ordered the FR305 thru Vpost USA (Amazon.com). Currently item is @ my USA Vpost address awaiting shipment to SG.

Any bros ordered thru the same way as me?

16th Aug : Ordered.

18th Aug : Reached US Vpost address.

19th Aug : Paid shipping charges.

21st Aug : Still awaiting shipment.........

Normally, how long is the whole process?

Thanks!

I ordered the FR305 thru Vpost USA (Amazon.com). Currently item is @ my USA Vpost address awaiting shipment to SG.

Thanks!

Mine took abt 4 working days to reach after i made payment to Vpsot for the shipping charges ....

Thanks!

Mine took abt 4 working days to reach after i made payment to Vpsot for the shipping charges ....

Ah....4 days...

19th : Friday, so i guess latest by next Thursday.

Thanks!

Ah....4 days...

19th : Friday, so i guess latest by next Thursday.

09 aug 10 ordered

12 aug 10 make payment to vpost

17 aug 10 received garmin fr 305

18 aug 10 reached home (outstation)

19 aug 10 taste to use it

and i like the gps very much

only complain from my wife is its weight.

maybe she wants me to buy her a fr110 (she was trying it out)

keke

no sharing

Beware of Vpost!

I've used their service in the past for small purchases but had not bothered to check the dimension of the packages to make sure they were charging me the right amount. But on the last shipment I happened to check and realised the dimension of the package, which they stated and based their charges on, was off by 5cm (making the package 1/3 bigger from what it actually was) from the actual package that I received. I e-mailed to question them and asked for assurance that my previous shipments were not also similarly overcharged. Their customer service came back with the non-apologetic reply that while they make ALL EFFORTS to measure the packages as accurately as possible, a 5cm discrepancy is within the industry acceptable limit as stated in the agreement. No assurance whatsoever was given on my previous shipments that I was not also overcharged, and nothing mentioned about any refund for the last shipment even though I still had the package and the document. However, I did not pursue the matter as it was a matter of just a few dollars to me....but just by charging a few more dollars on most if not all shipments by virtue of that 'industry acceptable limit', it would surely make a huge difference in their profit book..no?

just letting off some steam :spiteful:

I bought my 305 last December for about US$219 with shipping from eBay, abit risky tho. Shipping took about 10 days total.

To all,

Got a problem with the 305 that I hope the gurus here can help. Notice the the BPH reading on my watch is not getting any readings after using it for almost 1 year. Thought that the battery on my heart strap could be flat, so when to change to a new battery. But the problem is that even after changing it, there is still no signal. Anyone can help me to get back the readings? Please help. It is driving me crazy

since u have it for a year.. i am sure u know how to use it.. so this is probably something u have tried...

some water/saliva between your chest and your strap to get a better connection...

put the watch right beside the hrm and see if it detects....

since u have it for a year.. i am sure u know how to use it.. so this is probably something u have tried...

some water/saliva between your chest and your strap to get a better connection...

put the watch right beside the hrm and see if it detects....

Have given that a try, but still got nothing. THIS is what is making it so fustrating.....Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance

i would only suggest try with another 305 ...

or try with another hrm...

Managed to get it sorted out... Thanks for all the feedbacks

anyone can advise how much the vpost shipping charges are? :)

Mine was abt sgd32 ...

u can ask them whether can mail the item in smaller box bcos mine was abit too big for the Garmin watch itself.

Do anyone know whether the Comex 2010 now at Suntec City has a booth selling either selling Garmin 305 of 310XT?

i see allbright is there... they do sell.. FR305... but not sure if the show got special discount...

2 shows ago.. they have a discount for 310XT... i was poor..so i did not buy... regret a lot!

Do anyone know whether the Comex 2010 now at Suntec City has a booth selling either selling Garmin 305 of 310XT?

Parisilk is on lvl 6 booth 8498 should be selling, wonder any kind soul been there to check the prices out.

anyone can advise how much the vpost shipping charges are? :)

Roughly about S$30 Plus. Reason being that they actually pack the watch into a small Box about 2 to 3 times the size of the original box for the watch (find it quite stupid). Hope that this helps. Also please take note that you have to collect it personally at the post office immigation office due to the fact that it is a GPS (have to collect it with some stamp approval). Quite troublesome in this area.