Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

absoluthal

Garmin Forerunner® 305

it's safe to do that... i think... if spoil dun blame me.. why? because i wore this for the penang marathon.. it was raining like nobody business... my watch was like under tap water... worse... rain water from penang.. acidic and etc...

btw, i just got this from amazon.com

just wondering, after exercise, do you wash the watch under tap water to rinse off all the sweat? i wash my polar rs200 under tap water after every exercise. so not sure whether can do that for garmin 305.

hi there,

Garmin 305 specification

Physical & Performance:

Unit dimensions, WxHxD: 2.1" x 2.7" x 0.7" (5.33 x 6.86 x 1.78 cm)

Display size, WxH: 1.3" x 0.8" (3.3 x 2.0 cm)

Display resolution, WxH: 160 x 100 pixels

Touchscreen: no

Weight: 2.72 oz (77 g)

Battery: rechargeable lithium-ion

Battery life: 10 hours, typical

Water resistant: yes (IPX7)

GPS-enabled: yes

High-sensitivity receiver: yes

Water resistant: yes (IPX7) meaning Protected against water immersion - Immersion for 30 minutes at a depth of 1 meter. http://www.gpslodge.com/archives/031142.php

my main purpose of asking on washing is because my colleague garmin 305 seems to have lost its voice. and from his research from the net, it is due to the exposed speaker holes behind the watch. my other runners also have their garmin 305 losing its voice. so that y i ask how u guys "clean", "wash" after every exercise session.

Has anyone experience the the watch being alil slow at detecting the HRM? It used to be quite instant for mine even when im at rest, now the HRM reading will appear once and disappear. Its an on-off thing tho, tried changing battery with the same results. :help:

My had the similar problem, suspecting the sweat that went thru the holes and cause the problem.

My 3months old FR305 bough from amazon vol is getting softer and weaker after each run... i reckon same prob too... email Garmin and they told me to send to Taiwan for servicing.

Wonder anyone here has send before? roughly how much is the cost? Do you think Allbright or Navicom will help?

Hi all I am looking to get my first Garmin watch. Can I check I am interested to purchase Garmin FR 305 as well as I have look through this thread seems like most of you bought it via Amazon, is the watch covered by world wide warranty? Where can I view/test this watch locally?

My Garmin is dead !!

R.I.P !!

Cant turn on ....

Ok, Did a reset and its back alive again ...

Thank God!!

good friday coming... hence this miracle..

Has anyone had the rubber button, in particular the enter button starting to wear off?

mine is starting to show wear, the rubber has degraded due to both sweat and old age(got it in 07).

er... any one got go change the button or not? suddenly i vain.. want to change it...

maybe tomorrow call allbright or navicom

This is 1 month plus late....I did SCMS 2011 FM and my FR305 recorded the whole timing but when I export to GPX file, the display on any GPX compatible software shows I did only ~28km which is around the time I clicked on the LAP button on my watch as entering ECP...where did the missing 14km go?? >.< Anybody can help if I upload the GPX file?

This is 1 month plus late....I did SCMS 2011 FM and my FR305 recorded the whole timing but when I export to GPX file, the display on any GPX compatible software shows I did only ~28km which is around the time I clicked on the LAP button on my watch as entering ECP...where did the missing 14km go?? >.< Anybody can help if I upload the GPX file?

Does the watch data shows 28km as well? I'm thinking if you may have hit the wrong button instead?

Does anyone know where to buy the Forerunner 305 in Singapore? I called a few retailers like R1, no stock and R1 told me the item is obsolete.

i think i still saw it at perfect watch at simlim the other day.. not sure how much..

a lot of people buy online as it was quite cheap a while back...

actaully the item is not obsolete... garmin still producing them... just that more people getting the 310xt nowadays...

i think i still saw it at perfect watch at simlim the other day.. not sure how much..

actaully the item is not obsolete... garmin still producing them... just that more people getting the 310xt nowadays...

Very surprising the price listed on amazon actually went up. I got mine at USD138 about one year back. Now it selling at USD222+.

Very surprising the price listed on amazon actually went up. I got mine at USD138 about one year back. Now it selling at USD222+.

ah... too bad...

Does the watch data shows 28km as well? I'm thinking if you may have hit the wrong button instead?

nah...it recorded all the way...i used the final display as my FB profile pic..:D if I view in details of the GPX file...it shows the full duration..

lowest it went was USD 128 around Mar last year...I got it at USD 148 and my colleague help me handcarried over from USA..:)