Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

absoluthal

Garmin Forerunner® 305

Hi all,

just wanna ask some questions regarding the item above.

1- Can this item record the pace of my run ?

2- I read online that the footpod is only needed when its being used indoors. If i run at my neighbourhood area, its not necessary rite??

3- Is it compatible with Mac computers??

Thats all for now.

Thanks in advance for the inputs.

Halim.

1- Can this item record the pace of my run ? Yes

2- I read online that the footpod is only needed when its being used indoors. If i run at my neighbourhood area, its not necessary rite?? Yes

3- Is it compatible with Mac computers?? Yes

2- I read online that the footpod is only needed when its being used indoors. If i run at my neighbourhood area, its not necessary rite?? Yes

It should be "no", you don't need the footpod whe running outdoor.

I think he means 'Yes, its not necessary to use footpod outdoor.'

Thanks for the answers bro ....

Its on the way now ....

Thanks for the answers bro ....

Its on the way now ....

Hi,

Can I ask whether this 305 display the time of the day when not use for running?

Hmmm ... in English, the correct way is to answer "no", while in Chinese then say "yes". Hope I don't confuse you :)

Can I ask whether this 305 display the time of the day when not use for running?

Although it displays the time of the day, the battery only lasts about 10 hours for each charge. So you normally only wear it during workout.

Hmmm ... in English, the correct way is to answer "no", while in Chinese then say "yes". Hope I don't confuse you :)

Although it displays the time of the day, the battery only lasts about 10 hours for each charge. So you normally only wear it during workout.

Since we are on the topic of language, colloquially what you say is right. Grammatically its not. The operative word is "right:.

If the question had been "its not necessary?", then the appropriate response is "No, its not necessary". But since the question was "its not necessary right?", the appropriate response is "Yes, its not".

I am indulging you on this thread. :)

Hi all,

just wanna ask some questions regarding the item above.

1- Can this item record the pace of my run ?

2- I read online that the footpod is only needed when its being used indoors. If i run at my neighbourhood area, its not necessary rite??

3- Is it compatible with Mac computers??

Thats all for now.

Thanks in advance for the inputs.

Halim.

Hi, The answer to 2, like others mention is no, as the device has GPS which can also record the distance when you run outdoor, the primary use of the footpod is on the treadmill I presume..other uses of the footpod it tracks your cadence which tells u how many foot steps per min you are doing, if that is the type of the information you are interested. The footpod also requires calibration on the track before it can be accurate enough.

hi guys sorry to hijack this thread

i have a question to ask

i have tried to order a Garmin Forerunner 305 GPS Receiver With Heart Rate Monitor price at usd145.75 online at amazon.com. this is my first time trying to order with them. it has prompt me that this item cannot be shipped to my address.

why? do any of you face the same thing also at amazon? can pls advise me ?

thank in advance.

oh another question

this item GARMIN - FORERUNNER 305 (GRM0046700) is selling at usd163.46

think no problem with shipping to my address.

what's the different between the two.[GARMIN - FORERUNNER 305 (GRM0046700)against Garmin Forerunner 305 GPS Receiver With Heart Rate Monitor].

are they the same model? other then one is with hrm.

hmmm

i am new to running and have read many forumers here is getting garmin 305 from amazon. i am poison.

i have a question to ask

i have tried to order a Garmin Forerunner 305 GPS Receiver With Heart Rate Monitor price at usd145.75 online at amazon.com. this is my first time trying to order with them. it has prompt me that this item cannot be shipped to my address.

thank in advance.

For one reason or another, Amazon doesn't ship Garmins to Singapore.

I ordered my wife's pink FR60 from: www.trekkinn.com

Shipped via DHL arrived at my doorstep 3 days after I ordered. Paid only S$215 including shipping :thumbsup:

i have a question to ask

thank in advance.

https://www.vpost.com.sg/vpost/welcome?page=shipping_home.html&option=0

Ship the item to the US address provided and then notify vpost abt the item that u've ordered via email.

Once the item reached the US address, vpost will sent u an email abt the shipping cost from US to Sg ...

For more info, read on the link provided.

Hope this helps...

i have a question to ask

thank in advance.

https://www.vpost.com.sg/vpost/welcome?page=shipping_home.html&option=0

Ship the item to the US address provided and then notify vpost abt the item that u've ordered via email.

Once the item reached the US address, vpost will sent u an email abt the shipping cost from US to Sg ...

For more info, read on the link provided.

Hope this helps...

thanks bros

it's done... thanks lot guys

the gps should be on the way soon to usa address then to me...

i have a question to ask

thank in advance.

Shipped via DHL arrived at my doorstep 3 days after I ordered. Paid only S$215 including shipping :thumbsup:

thanks a lot bros...

think the garmin 305 set at above website is selling at a higher price. so i have place my order at amazon. :D

i have a question to ask

thank in advance.

thanks a lot bros...

think the garmin 305 set at above website is selling at a higher price. so i have place my order at amazon. :D

You mean you can find cheaper than $215? I saw on the website www.buy.garmin.com .. it is US$200. So, I thought S$215 is quite good.

i have a question to ask

thank in advance.

thanks a lot bros...

You mean you can find cheaper than $215? I saw on the website www.buy.garmin.com .. it is US$200. So, I thought S$215 is quite good.

Yeah...

amazon selling at USD145 ....

Is the 305 better than 405? Not to mention about the size and looks.

It depends..the 405 can turn off the gps and have a week standby (watch mode) assuming u do like 4 workout a week each an hour, however it can't power off. The 405 can. The 305 has 4 fields of data u can set with larger digits compared to the 405 (3). At $215, its value for money, easily $100 cheaper.

yes. the running time is obviously much better than 405. I can do 6-7 runs with it in average. For 405, I can do max 2 runs.

And my 305 never hang half way. The 405 hang quite often. hhahaa..

yes. the running time is obviously much better than 405. I can do 6-7 runs with it in average. For 405, I can do max 2 runs.

The 405 is a pain to use when your fingers are sweaty or when it rains!

ya agree..that's another flaw, but with the new firmware update I find the bezel locking is more accurate with the press of the side button, bottom first than top even on the move after its wet. I used to struggle with it. Somehow it also goes back to the main training mode.

I locked the screen, but did not help much either. humm.

Overall, i think 305 is more worth it. haha.

Yeah...

i think 305 is much more worth the money ....

even tho there are some reviews stating that it took quite some time to lock the gps ...

Yeah...

i think 305 is much more worth the money ....

even tho there are some reviews stating that it took quite some time to lock the gps ...

I think the same GPS is being use. However, when moving, like when u forget to on the GPS at the start of the run to detect GPS, the loading seem to take much longer on the 405..sometimes it can't detect until the next stop for it to load.

It depends..the 405 can turn off the gps and have a week standby (watch mode) assuming u do like 4 workout a week each an hour, however it can't power off. The 405 can. The 305 has 4 fields of data u can set with larger digits compared to the 405 (3). At $215, its value for money, easily $100 cheaper.

Thanks for the infos. If I order from USA, the charger is compatible with Singapore?

What about the warranty? Do I need to send it back to USA for repairs if it's faulty?