Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kiarra

Backpack for running

Hi,

I am thinking of running home after work but will need a backpack to hold my barang like work clothes and stuff.

Anyone have any recommendations on what would be a back pack to invest in. Hopefully a bag that fits snugly to the body and have minimum bouncing..

Thanks in advance..

The Run2010 Octane 24™ looks like it might fit the bill. Anyone knows if there's a store in Singapore that carries this model?

The Run2010 Octane 24™ looks like it might fit the bill. Anyone knows if there's a store in Singapore that carries this model?

Got my eyes on 2010 Octane XCT+™.. Yah.. Does anyone knows if Singapore carries them or have to buy online?

Got my eyes on 2010 Octane XCT+™.. Yah.. Does anyone knows if Singapore carries them or have to buy online?

That looks a bit small for work clothes. 3.28L cargo space would only be sufficient to throw in a rain shell+small personal items. If you're going this small then you should just pop down to The North Face stores and look at the range there. I got 30% off from TNF100 race if you'd like to PM me.

I am also tinking of running home in future and looking for a bag to bring back my barang barang.

But are you bringing your working shoes home as well? Wun it be a bit bulky to bring those barang home when you run?

Or you leave ur shoes in the office? lol :clapping:

I am also tinking of running home in future and looking for a bag to bring back my barang barang.

But are you bringing your working shoes home as well? Wun it be a bit bulky to bring those barang home when you run?

I haven't started running back yet.. If it doesn't rain today then i will probably start. I am wearing strappy heels today so won't be difficult to stuff in the bag and bring back i guess..

Will let you know if i brought my shoes back tonight.. haha

I leave my work shoes in the office. No point bringing back and forth.

I haven't started running back yet.. If it doesn't rain today then i will probably start. I am wearing strappy heels today so won't be difficult to stuff in the bag and bring back i guess..

Will let you know if i brought my shoes back tonight.. haha

I brought my shoes back today.. hehhe..

Think i'll look weird wearing my running shoes with my work clothes to work tomorrow.. and i also dun want to leave so many pairs of heels in the office.. Imagine.. leave one pair of heels, wear running shoe back.. Next run leave another pair.. and so on.. kekekke

I just got my Octane XCT! It fits perfectly well on my LSD last Sunday. I got it online from a mo for eighty plus dollars, rather cheap if compared to Sg which will be selling for around $149 (According to the shop uncle in queensway).

I just got my Octane XCT! It fits perfectly well on my LSD last Sunday. I got it online from a mo for eighty plus dollars, rather cheap if compared to Sg which will be selling for around $149 (According to the shop uncle in queensway).

wow.. that is like 50-60 dollar difference... share that contact?

Just to throw another good contender out there, OMM usually makes pretty decent backpacks. I train with their OMM Classic Marathon (25 Litres), dump 5kg bag of rice in it and it doesn't bounce but doesn't drag on the shoulders/body either. Very happy with it. They do have a smaller version (10 Litres). My two cents :)

I think for us, better leave the shoes in office. But when u back to work on the following day, wear track shoe back with office attire like a bit wierd leh. hahaha

-.- Sorry I am greenhorn in this.

hino - 2010 Octane XCT looks nice. You took the black one? Can it fit a pair of office pants and shirt?

Just to throw another good contender out there, OMM usually makes pretty decent backpacks. I train with their OMM Classic Marathon (25 Litres), dump 5kg bag of rice in it and it doesn't bounce but doesn't drag on the shoulders/body either. Very happy with it. They do have a smaller version (10 Litres). My two cents :)

Hi Jane, did you try the OLMO model with free attached eye pokers? Typical Singaporean I was drawn to the freebie.

wow.. that is like 50-60 dollar difference... share that contact?

Yes yes.. share contact pls.

Hi Jane, did you try the OLMO model with free attached eye pokers? Typical Singaporean I was drawn to the freebie.

Ozmeister - No, didn't try that one. The "eye pokers" apparently are helpful in reminding you to drink. At least, that's the very optimistic take on them :P Did try the Raidlight Evolution but simply wasn't a fan of the light material and construct. Durability is an issue for me.