Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ckszeto69

Beijing International Marathon 2010

I'm at Qian Men Hostel.

Snow for last year's race? No, since when?

But the low temp forecasted is 6C ... freaking out now.

ohh ... i actually meant it was snow 2 or 3 weeks after the run at BJ last yr :pardon: ... this time round there may be chance of light rain :coldb: as humidity is picking up per forecast ... so it helps hydration management at the starting line n during the run yo :lol: ... in the meantime will start loading soon :stuff::turkey:

Last year the snow came one week after the marathon and it a very heavy one. However, it's a sudden one, and the next day after the heavy snow it warm up again. What you need to worry is quite cold in the morning when you walk toward the startline, and after the run, you'll need to have enough clothing to warm you while travel back to hotel, and you can forget of taking cab after the race.

Result is out! Reuben, i suppose you did well with 3H41M and went :pic: along the way... :goodjob: Good to cross path with you right after the start :friends: ... after which, it was really awesomely smelled no smoke as u took off while i continued my "take it easy" ... anyway, for a little postmortem: Really an experience of one kind at Beijing mara. Prior to start, human jam pushing forward down the undergrd tunnel past security check into TAM ... lots of local runners highly charged ... 10 C light rain n occasional gust from start till end ... it was so cold that i had to keep myself running ... did not really drink much along the way ... happy to have a towel in the goodie bag at the end point ... it helped in reducing shivering :coldb: ... Overall, i think the cold wet weather affected the run in general ... male champion turned in one of the slowest winning times in 30 years of Beijing mara and ~210 went sub 3 this year while ~250 last year ... personally, i enjoyed the experience and was very glad to complete this FM :thumbsup: - my 1st FM since resumed running in Aug10 after recovered from stress fracture and having improved my humble timing by 4 minute as compared to last mara 4H36M at HKSCM (Feb10). Anyway, this event was good and I'll mark this event in next year's calendar. :yahoo:

Result is out! Reuben, i suppose you did well with 3H41M and went :pic: along the way... :goodjob: Good to cross path with you right after the start :friends: ... after which, it was really awesomely smelled no smoke as u took off while i continued my "take it easy" ... anyway, for a little postmortem: Really an experience of one kind at Beijing mara. Prior to start, human jam pushing forward down the undergrd tunnel past security check into TAM ... lots of local runners highly charged ... 10 C light rain n occasional gust from start till end ... it was so cold that i had to keep myself running ... did not really drink much along the way ... happy to have a towel in the goodie bag at the end point ... it helped in reducing shivering :coldb: ... Overall, i think the cold wet weather affected the run in general ... male champion turned in one of the slowest winning times in 30 years of Beijing mara and ~210 went sub 3 this year while ~250 last year ... personally, i enjoyed the experience and was very glad to complete this FM :thumbsup: - my 1st FM since resumed running in Aug10 after recovered from stress fracture and having improved my humble timing by 4 minute as compared to last mara 4H36M at HKSCM (Feb10). Anyway, this event was good and I'll mark this event in next year's calendar. :yahoo:

So, it was you, huh? Glad I say "hi". (go to my facebook and see your picture. hehe)

your post-mortem kinda summarizes the whole experience for this marathon. i also did a pictorial summary in pictures in my album. :rolleyes:

this year's towel looks more commercialized and lack the commemorative printing. But still fine with me, nevertheless.

Congrats on your comeback! Btw, this race and SCMHK ... I can't say which one I like better ... cos, I Enjoy Every Run, Regardless.