Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ckszeto69

Beijing International Marathon 2010

For planning purpose, i have been reading the previous posts back in 2007 & 2009 related to Beijing Marathon. Thought Ripley's review on Beijing International Marathon 2007 under Race and Event Review is very informative. A few questions for those have been to Beijing or run there previously? Where would be a good place to put up - inexpensive, close proximity to starting line, pasta food, peking duck, and sportswear shopping? Thanks!

For planning purpose, i have been reading the previous posts back in 2007 & 2009 related to Beijing Marathon. Thought Ripley's review on Beijing International Marathon 2007 under Race and Event Review is very informative. A few questions for those have been to Beijing or run there previously? Where would be a good place to put up - inexpensive, close proximity to starting line, pasta food, peking duck, and sportswear shopping? Thanks!

If you are going budget, there are hostel and Hotel range S$16~50 along and off the Meishi st, 5~7 min walk to start line. It's 5 min walk to the original Peking duck shop, & shopping st.

Hi Aquilon

i understand that you are quite well informed in China runs, do you have any info on hangzhou marathon for this year?

:ph34r:

If you are going budget, there are hostel and Hotel range S$16~50 along and off the Meishi st, 5~7 min walk to start line. It's 5 min walk to the original Peking duck shop, & shopping st.

Yes i'm going budget - to spend "wisely". This is helpful and gives me a good idea for planning! Thanks! :)

any1 keen to go together?

as travel n accommodation r pretty straight forward after some research ... i find it ok to travel alone ... but actually more keen if anyone want to run / pace together this time ... i just started 1st walk-run for 40 min this evening - where i am picking myself back after 3 month abstain from running due to stress fracture in mid-May. Restricted to brisk walking for 40 to 60 min then. i have signed up for Beijing earlier but have not booked any flight. Book or no book depends on the training progress over the next two months ... if progress is good, any want to pace run at 4h30m? My last run was 4h36m during Feb-10 SCHKM.

just another question for previous participants in this run - i see that all distances start at the same time, did this pose a problem as far as overcrowding at the start line was concerned?

just another question for previous participants in this run - i see that all distances start at the same time, did this pose a problem as far as overcrowding at the start line was concerned?

a big "YES"

a big "YES"

oh i see...so do you think i shouldn't do this run if i am planning on running a decent time?

a big "YES"

oh i see...so do you think i shouldn't do this run if i am planning on running a decent time?

Acatal - At your speed, if you start in the front, you will end up staying in the front so shouldnt affect you i would think? I have never run BIM before so this is just a guess.

a big "YES"

Acatal - At your speed, if you start in the front, you will end up staying in the front so shouldnt affect you i would think? I have never run BIM before so this is just a guess.

The weather is good, the course is wide not a lot of up & down, waterpoint on bothside of the road. However, at the start line, everyone squeeze together, you can't even turn yourself, not to mention move to the front. Last year about 250 runners finished as sub 3. more than 2000 at sub 4.

a big "YES"

If things do not improve (base on what I'd seen last year), then you better plan to go starting area early and move to the front of the pack. Also making sure you have an empty bladder ... getting out of that area may mean that you would not be able to get back in. Also, you would probably be one of the many runners that would stood at in the infamous Tian-An-Men Square and peeing at the bushes ... openly.

Alternatively, if you have a full bladder, then you would need to wait till the race started and the route turns infront of the red-wall of TAM. You could then pee there (at the national momunent) ... along with many other runners.

thats great, thanks for the tips Reuben, that's very helpful.

I think i might try this run anyway, i have always wanted to do a run in China, I will see how my training goes the next month or so and then decide.

and i will try and make sure my bladder is empty!

The weather is good, the course is wide not a lot of up & down, waterpoint on bothside of the road. However, at the start line, everyone squeeze together, you can't even turn yourself, not to mention move to the front. Last year about 250 runners finished as sub 3. more than 2000 at sub 4.

WOW!!!

thats great, thanks for the tips Reuben, that's very helpful.

I think i might try this run anyway, i have always wanted to do a run in China, I will see how my training goes the next month or so and then decide.

and i will try and make sure my bladder is empty!

I shall be there .... again, and I better remember my own advice. :P

just one more question. Does anyone know when entries closed last year? I see they have a quota for the marathon (10,000 i think), did this fill up last year?

I am currently battling a nasty case of PF and am I want to wait a couple of weeks to see if I recover before committing to this.

just one more question. Does anyone know when entries closed last year? I see they have a quota for the marathon (10,000 i think), did this fill up last year?

I am currently battling a nasty case of PF and am I want to wait a couple of weeks to see if I recover before committing to this.

Past performance (attendance) does not reflect current or future returns (closing date).

If you miss it because of injury, then don't regret it if you miss joining the race. You have already gained by not going and recovering.

Hope to see you at the starting and finishing line.

Per weather forecast over the next one week, it may be very cooling or maybe perfect in Beijing... will see. For those (including myself ;) ) who will be taking part in BIM in one week's time, stay cool :icecream: and best luck :friends: and enjoy :drinks: !!!

Per weather forecast over the next one week, it may be very cooling or maybe perfect in Beijing... will see. For those (including myself ;) ) who will be taking part in BIM in one week's time, stay cool :icecream: and best luck :friends: and enjoy :drinks: !!!

hope to see u there ... remember to introduce yourself if you see me. :)

hope to see u there ... remember to introduce yourself if you see me. :)

sure :hi: ... if we cross path in BJ (arrive fri & depart mon) or other run ... i will be putting up at beijing emperor guesthouse near qian men ... look fwd to find an optimum weather experience this coming run :dribble: ... but definitely not snow u mentioned in last yr thread ... will see how my marathon comeback goes after down with stress fracture in mid may ... anyway, have a good run!

I'm at Qian Men Hostel.

Snow for last year's race? No, since when?

But the low temp forecasted is 6C ... freaking out now.

ohh ... i actually meant it was snow 2 or 3 weeks after the run at BJ last yr :pardon: ... this time round there may be chance of light rain :coldb: as humidity is picking up per forecast ... so it helps hydration management at the starting line n during the run yo :lol: ... in the meantime will start loading soon :stuff::turkey: