Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Turbolegs

The Are-you-kidding-me?? Marathon

I'm sure if I do sign up, I will officially qualify for the "DNF Award". My 21km time is 3:10 and my 25km is 3:55. Anything beyond that is an "unconquered ultra". I won't have to sing or dance, a stretcher at the 32k station will do nicely. 10-Q ;)

Please mention if Stretcher should be XS, S, M, L , XL, XXL, You-have-to-be-kidding-me size. Of course, extra charge apply.

I like you, so have a solution but dont tell anyone about this. At the start, we will put you on an office chair which has wheels and tie you to tigger without him knowing it. After that, you just enjoy the ride maa!!

I'm sure if I do sign up, I will officially qualify for the "DNF Award". My 21km time is 3:10 and my 25km is 3:55. Anything beyond that is an "unconquered ultra". I won't have to sing or dance, a stretcher at the 32k station will do nicely. 10-Q ;)

u just have to fork out more for the organizer and volunteer OT work and the extra batts needed for the clock to run longer, the organizer will be glad to wait for u to complete

WHAT ??? No mention of finisher tee after all the hard work ??? :innocent:

And I thought I saw some construction workers wearing the finisher tees during the race :unsure:

Lastly, can the organizer set-up a flea market so I can sell/trade my finisher tee? :icecream:

Secret hor !! You know how TNF never release race route until a week before? We are like that only, but go even better ... terms and conditions will be available at the 32km aid station for the supporters during the event. However, if we (the organizers) believe that you have not hit the wall, you have to run back and forth until you hit it, before we can supply with T&C's. You see, we have 100% success of people who have hit the wall agreeing to our T&C's, at that stage they will agree to anything !!! :diablo:

If we don't manage to hit that wall, will a length of actual brick wall be provided? Or will we get charged extra for not hitting the wall because it means we didn't run hard enough?

Please mention if Stretcher should be XS, S, M, L , XL, XXL, You-have-to-be-kidding-me size. Of course, extra charge apply.

I like you, so have a solution but dont tell anyone about this. At the start, we will put you on an office chair which has wheels and tie you to tigger without him knowing it. After that, you just enjoy the ride maa!!

Very simple. I always choose "S" for all my vests and finisher tees.

If you clever enuf to tie me to tigger w/o him knowing, I also dun mind tigger power me on stretcher or office chair to finish line. :yahoo:

WHAT ??? No mention of finisher tee after all the hard work ??? :innocent:

And I thought I saw some construction workers wearing the finisher tees during the race :unsure:

Lastly, can the organizer set-up a flea market so I can sell/trade my finisher tee? :icecream:

Thanks for your feedback. We will respond to you shortly.

2 seconds over .. so now responding ... (shortly)..

We have issued an RFP to world class providers of fleas for the aforementioned market. Once we are confident of the supplier whom we can fleece the most, we will issue order for the fleas. Till then, stay tuned and watch this space for more news. Partially yet proudly sponsored by Out-of-Balance and Miss-you-know.

Secret hor !! You know how TNF never release race route until a week before? We are like that only, but go even better ... terms and conditions will be available at the 32km aid station for the supporters during the event. However, if we (the organizers) believe that you have not hit the wall, you have to run back and forth until you hit it, before we can supply with T&C's. You see, we have 100% success of people who have hit the wall agreeing to our T&C's, at that stage they will agree to anything !!! :diablo:

If we don't manage to hit that wall, will a length of actual brick wall be provided? Or will we get charged extra for not hitting the wall because it means we didn't run hard enough?

If you dont hit the wall, supporters at the 32km aid station will throw bricks at you for 25$ a brick (plus prevailing government taxes). Satisfaction guaranteed.

any wet weather/oil spill back up plans?

fee got include ink-sure-rens?

got pple take my pig-cheer anong the way? if got whr to find?

wat if got another BUG-ger haf the same bib# as mi how?

if got ppl sign up liao but cant run ask the opposite gender to run on behalf how? the cert will pint out as wat gender?

if got ppl sign up liao but cant run ask the opposite gender to run on behalf how? the cert will pint out as wat gender?

You are cordially invited to give Kcslchin company in the "DNFBHA2MQ" category. :crazy:

You are cordially invited to give Kcslchin company in the "DNFBHA2MQ" category. :crazy:

NO company needed liao becos I have someone to wheel me to the finish line :icecream:

Sneak Preview to some T&Cs:

1. There will be 121 pace groups for the full marathon starting from 2:00 hours and from thereon, for every minute until 4:00hours. Pacers can easily be identified by the nail polish color chart i.e. 2:00 pacers will have cyan nail polish, 2:01 will be burgundy, 2:02 will be beige etc.

2. Appearance fees: All runners are eligible ..... to pay appearance fees to the organizers if we turn up on the day of the event. However should our tickets to Phuket go through, we will send all runners picture postcards from the beach there, wishing a good race whereupon no appearance fees are payable.

3. Running Tee Exchange: Is only possible between the 32km and 36km aid stations and only for running tees that have already been worn until then. Important to note that Running Tee exchange is only possible with other runners who are also running during the event. Tees which are extra fragrant, will attract a premium.

4. Transfer of race slots: A runner may transfer his race slot to another runner, only if the runner has the same name, height, weight as the original runner, must stay in the same house and should be able to sing like Michael Jackson as well as do the moonwalk for the first 10kms of the race.

5. Post-race Massage: As is the duty of any good organizers, we will lead by example and arrange massage for ourselves on the Phuket beaches. Runners who complete the race are encouraged to do the same.

Watch this space for more exciting news about this path-breaking, earth-shaking, rip-roaring event !!!

3. Running Tee Exchange: Is only possible between the 32km and 36km aid stations and only for running tees that have already been worn until then. Important to note that Running Tee exchange is only possible with other runners who are also running during the event. Tees which are extra fragrant, will attract a premium.

fragrant tee neh.. wat abt the wet ones? if wet and it is white.. Woo.. :devil:

To ensure smooth flow of runners, I suggest that all exchange of tees must be done while on the move at no less at 6km/min pace. Else disqualification applies and u get swept into the sweeper bus.

If u have to stop/walk to exchange tee shirts, then u're not being serious enuff.

seee--rious--lee...

Terms & Condition: # 6

6. Free photos will be provided to all runners .....

who bring their own camera and give to us for taking pictures.

Please be advised that if the runner next to you is better looking, we will take his or her picture and not yours.

We will develop the picture and give it to you so that you can remember the race.

We will keep the camera, so that we can remember you.

all these talk and no mention of the transportation to race site? no road closure?

I suggest to have the marathon start at Jurong Island.

To go green, we shall take chartered MRT (not free, have to pay $3 with EZ link card) to Tuas station then walk to Jurong Island.

Road closure along the bridge to Jurong Island will take place over the span of 30 seconds (approximate time of a traffic light change). Thereafter, runners that do not make it pass the bridge can walk back to the start line, collect baggage and go home.

hmmm.. only marathon and no ultra marathon?

if got other cat-the-gory, such as ultra, must make sure got ppl take foto even on the first loop. hahaha :thumbsup:

Eugene ... you are official route advisor from now on .. you wanna plan a route through the lion's den at the zoo? Go ahead .. i think if we time the race right when the lions are hungry, you will have your cat-the-gory or the-gory-cat depending on which side of the fence you are.

P.S: We are considering holding a "Eugene" category event for wedding hopefuls .. but we will keep the suspense up for now.. (Guys have to run in a tux, only nutrition available along the course is wedding cake etc .. you know the usual).

Omg maheshnat you just made my day.

That will be an additional 50$. Thanks! :thumbsup:

all these talk and no mention of the transportation to race site? no road closure?

To go green, we shall take chartered MRT (not free, have to pay $3 with EZ link card) to Tuas station then walk to Jurong Island.

Road closure along the bridge to Jurong Island will take place over the span of 30 seconds (approximate time of a traffic light change). Thereafter, runners that do not make it pass the bridge can walk back to the start line, collect baggage and go home.

Go Green means every participant must prove they run(without aid of transport which burns fossil fuels) to the start point at MacRitchie and then complete the malathon within the cut-off time.

Thank you for your feedback. All our phonelines are busy right now. Kindly hold on or please wait for the next customer representative to finish her game of Mahjong. Alternatively, you can send a fax to your best friend and pray that it miraculously gets to us.

Please feel free to contact anybody but us in case of further suggestions. Power to the Organizers!

Thank you for your feedback. All our phonelines are busy right now. Kindly hold on or please wait for the next customer representative to finish her game of Mahjong. Alternatively, you can send a fax to your best friend and pray that it miraculously gets to us.

Please feel free to contact anybody but us in case of further suggestions. Power to the Organizers!

:showoff:

Terms and Condition #8

8. Mp3 players are allowed to be used by runners during the event. However there is a maximum limit of 2 songs that can be stored on any Mp3 player used - one of which must be sung by the runner himself or herself. Random audits will be performed at a variety of checkpoints during the race. Songs cannot exceed 20 seconds in length.

There are only 2 more conditions to complete the list. Register soon, before the close of the Insomniac Bird period by the end of this month. The Early Bird registrations will start subsequently.

There are only 2 more conditions to complete the list. Register soon, before the close of the Insomniac Bird period by the end of this month. The Early Bird registrations will start subsequently.

Given the early closure of Stanchart registrations, we should be mindful that all slots might very well be taken up during the Insomniac Bird period. So to be fair to the organizers and letting them make make enough $$ for the Phuket trip, 13 additional slots will be opened up randomly at any point of time during Early Bird period for 27 seconds.

Participants are requested to check the registration site as often as possible and avail this Once-in-13-times-in-a-lifetime opportunity!*

Power to the organizers! :dj:

*usual rate of $1.07 cents per site visit applies, oh... did we not tell you that already?