Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Turbolegs

The Are-you-kidding-me?? Marathon

Based on all the feedback on the Sundown marathon thread from avid runners, I am starting a new event called the Are-you-kidding-me full marathon.

The event shall be held on Feb 30th next year and is only open for serious marathoners who have proof that they have completed a full marathon in 2 hours or less. The prize money of $1 billion dollars (Zimbabwean) will be awarded to the first place finisher. 2nd place will get an egg and 3rd place will get a straw (for a 100+ can, which is not free, and must pay $2 (Singapore dollars)). Since this is the first time such an event is being held, the organizers invite the general public for suggestions of race venue. If you are nice to us, we can start the marathon from your house so that you dont have any transportation problem to get to the race venue.

We will have several aid stations along the route but this is only for supporters and not for the runners. Serious runners must take care of their own hydration and nutrition, otherwise you are not being serious enough. However, to encourage aspiring runners, we will be organizing a prayer meeting to pray for rain during the closing hours of the event.

Entry fee for the event is $2000 (Singaporean). All participants can look forward to an exciting Goody Bag. The Goody Bag is packed with exciting goodies !!! (i.e. It has a reflective poster which says "Exciting Goodies".) A non-refundable deposit of $100 (US$) will be collected from all participants for the Goody Bag.

As a matter of obligation, we have to inform you that part of the marathon course would run through the SunTec Convention Hall on the 4th to 6th floor. As another matter of fact, we hope to organize an IT show with lelong prices exactly during the running hours of the event. It is our hope that after this run, every marathoner would feel that it was a positive experience and added to the challenge of the experience.

Also note that there will be no bib numbers for this event. All runners will be provided with a blank A4 sheet of paper to write their own bib numbers on during race day. Any runner whose bib number is not a Euclidean root of an irrational number or a hypernormal prime, will be automatically disqualified. If you are disqualified, you will be put in a sweeper bus and taken to ECP where you can complete the reminder of the run.

Please register soon to take advantage of the Early Bird offer. All runners signing up before the end of the Early Bird period will get a solemn promise that their credit card details will not be misused. That is, we will only use it to fund our own well-being which is not a subject of misuse. For other runners, bwahahahahaha !!

Any takers?

:thumbsup: at the prayer meeting for rain. Where do I sign up for that one?

That said, the bad logistical organisation ought to be acknowledged by Hivelocity, with apologies/ proper redress to all affected participants being made, and clear indications that the same issues will not crop up next year. It's one thing to expect perfection in a marathon, it's another to voice legit concerns. I was recently quite angry with an overseas marathon for only having 16 portapotties (2 potties at 8 water stations) along the whole 21km route when there were about 15000 runners, which forced me to run 13km+ while drinking more gatorade and fearing that I'd lose control and pee in my pants before I found any kind of public toilet without a queue of 20 runners. I can only imagine how upset the Sundown participants are, given that they had a lot more stuff to take issue with than just a toilet shortage.

tigger suggest different pricing based on finishing time since slower runners need more resources.

Sub 2 runner, Free

Sub 3 runner, $10

Sub 4 runner, $70

Sub 5 runner, $90

Sub 6 runner, $150

Sub 7 runner, $300

Sub 8 runner, $600

Sub 9 or DNF runner, $2k

Each runner will paid $2k for registration...and refund the balance once the official race is published. Running could be free..if u have the ability to earn it. :rolleyes:

tigger suggest different pricing based on finishing time since slower runners need more resources.

Sub 2 runner, Free

Sub 3 runner, $10

Sub 4 runner, $70

Sub 5 runner, $90

Sub 6 runner, $150

Sub 7 runner, $300

Sub 8 runner, $600

Sub 9 or DNF runner, $2k

Each runner will paid $2k for registration...and refund the balance once the official race is published. Running could be free..if u have the ability to earn it. :rolleyes:

Tigger - only because you are you, your pricing suggestions are taken into consideration. Otherwise for other price-revaluation-suggestors, we have a stringent beauty pageant contest that they must win (final round is against Reeze Lo) and only then can they make changes to pricing plans. Which will apply from next billing cycle onwards.

The President of United Kingdom and the Queen of Iran are my running kaki. I would invite them to grace the occasion for sure.

What ???? I thought the "President" of UK was the pacer for the first support station, in dictating the speed at which to dispense 75plus (diluted 100+ 3 parts to 1 part of water). I will give him a call and remind him of his duties.

The President of United Kingdom and the Queen of Iran are my running kaki. I would invite them to grace the occasion for sure.

The United Kingdom does not have a president, and Iran does not have a queen. However, the reverse is true. ;)

The United Kingdom does not have a president. ;)

LOL !!! Neither does Iran have a queen ... but that was exactly the point of his post. :punk:

Sub 2 runner, Free

Sub 3 runner, $10

Sub 4 runner, $70

Sub 5 runner, $90

Sub 6 runner, $150

Sub 7 runner, $300

Sub 8 runner, $600

Sub 9 or DNF runner, $2k

sub 2 runner uses more resources too...

the lead runner will have a motor bike to show the way and to clear the the path...

they may even have their own special drinks placed at the support station...

runners should make sure they have an IU with them inserted with a cash card of minimum $10 value in it for crossing any ERP gantry along the way.

The payment to ERP will be distributed as follows:

1. 70% into the organizer pocket

2. 10% for the prize winners' prizes

2. 10% for the workers to put the ERP gantry up and bring it down after the event

3. 10% for the electricity bill needed to operate the gantry

To avoid faster runners complaining those sub-8, sub-9 marathon runners also got the same finisher T, the organiser shall consider having different designs (borrow from MR25) and colours for each categories of finishers. The first 5 categories will have the runners' names printed on it so they can't sell them. The runners shall receive the T with their certficates within two months after the race.

Red cheetah: sub-3

White Ostrich: sub-4

Black horse: sub-5

Yellow deer: sub-6

Green tortoise: sub-7

Brown snail: the rest of the finishers, and for sale to public at $5

runners should make sure they have an IU with them inserted with a cash card of minimum $10 value in it for crossing any ERP gantry along the way.

The payment to ERP will be distributed as follows:

1. 70% into the organizer pocket

2. 10% for the prize winners' prizes

2. 10% for the workers to put the ERP gantry up and bring it down after the event

3. 10% for the electricity bill needed to operate the gantry

70% to organizers is very generous thank you. Please let me know when you are running, i will direct you through the express lane for the event, dont have to run 42kms. :showoff:

To avoid faster runners complaining those sub-8, sub-9 marathon runners also got the same finisher T, the organiser shall consider having different designs (borrow from MR25) and colours for each categories of finishers. The first 5 categories will have the runners' names printed on it so they can't sell them. The runners shall receive the T with their certficates within two months after the race.

Red cheetah: sub-3

White Ostrich: sub-4

Black horse: sub-5

Yellow deer: sub-6

Green tortoise: sub-7

Brown snail: the rest of the finishers, and for sale to public at $5

For brown snail, we will use permanent markers and write "Finisher" directly on their back. No need for tshirts.

First time read this thread. IT'S been interesting so far :D

I am not surprised - it was only created a few hours ago! You might just be one of the first to read it. Congratulations on being an Early Bird Reader?!!! Please collect your 5$ voucher for your next purchase of a Ferrari F60 Spyder at the Race Expo. Offer conditions apply. :dribble:

I am not surprised - it was only created a few hours ago! You might just be one of the first to read it. Congratulations on being an Early Bird Reader?!!! Please collect your 5$ voucher for your next purchase of a Ferrari F60 Spyder at the Race Expo. Offer conditions apply. :dribble:

Dear organiser,

Please post the full list of terms and conditions B)

Dear organiser,

Secret hor !! You know how TNF never release race route until a week before? We are like that only, but go even better ... terms and conditions will be available at the 32km aid station for the supporters during the event. However, if we (the organizers) believe that you have not hit the wall, you have to run back and forth until you hit it, before we can supply with T&C's. You see, we have 100% success of people who have hit the wall agreeing to our T&C's, at that stage they will agree to anything !!! :diablo:

Dear organiser,

If you ask too many questions or complain on Facebook, you will received a "DNF" whether you run or not, and of course no T, medal, cert.

Dear organiser,

If you ask too many questions or complain on Facebook, you will received a "DNF" whether you run or not, and of course no T, medal, cert.

We will put kcslchin in the "DNFBHA2MQ" category .....

Did Not Finish Because He Asked 2 Many Questions !!!

Dear organiser,

:notfair:

Dear organiser,

:notfair:

Ok - since you are young, we will give you another chance. Can you sing Michael Jackson's "Beat It" and do the Boogie at the same time? If you can, you must audition for Singapore's Got Talent, not that it has any relevance to our running event, that was just a helpful suggestion! (Sorry for the OT).

We will let you run in our event, if you can come to the run dressed as a Penguin. On your back, we will write in fluorescent paint, "Early Bird" !!

I'm sure if I do sign up, I will officially qualify for the "DNF Award". My 21km time is 3:10 and my 25km is 3:55. Anything beyond that is an "unconquered ultra". I won't have to sing or dance, a stretcher at the 32k station will do nicely. 10-Q ;)