Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kkcy

weekly mileage

will that not hurt the knees, for running 6 days a week?

you have to plan the training such that you have easy days for recovery and hard days where you do long runs/speedwork..

first make sure your shoes are the right ones for you, and that you do not have any biomechanical problems. start small, like even 2km each day, and slowly increase with about 10% each week. or alternatively, if you are running about 20km in 2 runs now, split that into 6 runs instead. just take it easy and stop whenever you feel any pain

thanks for all the advice! i will try them out from tomorrow onwards! i hope the weather will not stop me. :)

just to clarify some doubts: should i plan my run according to distance or time if i want to try to run everyday? for example, 5km everyday or 30 minutes everyday.

first make sure your shoes are the right ones for you, and that you do not have any biomechanical problems. start small, like even 2km each day, and slowly increase with about 10% each week. or alternatively, if you are running about 20km in 2 runs now, split that into 6 runs instead. just take it easy and stop whenever you feel any pain

thought some say it is good to exercise everyday or 6 times a week like your above example breaking his 20km into 6.

some people say it is better to train less often eg his 20km in 3 runs, thus having more time for recovery

have read articles from supporters of both view.

so who is to say which is correct ?

i believe that those saying 20km in 3 days which will give more time for recovery is assuming that those 3 days of workouts will be hard workouts, thus needing recovery time. however is every single run is at a relatively slow pace, there won't be a need for recovery. this is, of course, assuming you have been running for a while

I have been running consistently but now i only focus on short dist. Long dist + training alone = very lonely!!!

Only recently i run 2 sessions a day for 3 times a week and 1 session a day for 2 times a week. So basically i train 5 days per week but 8 sessions per week.

Weekly about 30+km. Not alot la.

But these are after my conditioning period so i won't get myself injured!

I have been running consistently but now i only focus on short dist. Long dist + training alone = very lonely!!!

Only recently i run 2 sessions a day for 3 times a week and 1 session a day for 2 times a week. So basically i train 5 days per week but 8 sessions per week.

wow !

U can train 5 days 8 sessions per week. :clapping:

well done.

wow !

well done.

Haha one session short short dist only. My friend 1 session at least 12km!!! Haha that one very hardcore.

I go relax ah. haha.

Now must exercise more so CNY can whack all good food!!! =D

I run less than 20km each week, I am aiming to clock more mileage, say about 30km, but I find it hard to squeeze out the extra time when I also do other forms of training which often requires recovery time due to the intensity of my workouts each time. :blush:

wow !

well done.

Haha one session short short dist only. My friend 1 session at least 12km!!! Haha that one very hardcore.

I go relax ah. haha.

but at least you got the discipline to train 5 days 8 sessions per week.

well done :clapping:

keep it up

I run less than 20km each week, I am aiming to clock more mileage, say about 30km, but I find it hard to squeeze out the extra time when I also do other forms of training which often requires recovery time due to the intensity of my workouts each time. :blush:

Don't worry bout the mileage first. I think very important to condition your muscle before you increase your mileage. So go slow first else risk getting injured. But increase progressively over a period of time should be fine.

And i have to agree other forms of training requires longer recovery time but i guess after a period of time our body will get used to it. What training do you do? Just don't get burn out!

wow !

well done.

I go relax ah. haha.

but at least you got the discipline to train 5 days 8 sessions per week.

well done :clapping:

keep it up

Haha thanks thanks now school holiday that's why got time!

Don't worry bout the mileage first. I think very important to condition your muscle before you increase your mileage. So go slow first else risk getting injured. But increase progressively over a period of time should be fine.

And i have to agree other forms of training requires longer recovery time but i guess after a period of time our body will get used to it. What training do you do? Just don't get burn out!

I do weight training & cycling. Yes, you are right that our body will get used to it after some time, but I won't allow this to happen, hence I always change my program. I do proper stretching too..