Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jamessoh

garmin forerunner 305

I just read the article on digital time (comes with today's straitstime newspaper) on garmin forerunner 301. But when I search Garmin website, I read that the read 305 model is quite something, the watch even comes with a usb connector for computer to both charge and exchange data.

Hmm, I've two bike computers (cateye), a polar rs200cd but very tempted... :sweat:

To be released from mid Feb 06.

http://www.garmin.com/products/forerunner305/

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CSWCQ...glance&n=172282

garmin is quite a good brand... if i'm not wrong, some military also using the gps system produced by garmin... :smilie_daumen1:

I m keen to get a Polar HRM with distance... OT :P

I m keen to get a Polar HRM with distance... OT :P

i thought you are already using one? :unsure:

I m keen to get a Polar HRM with distance... OT   :P

But DO, with your current level, u still need such device? :P

haha... using HRM can make One Looks Young and COOL... fashionable, Hippz n FasT which are the characteristics i m lacking... hehe... :P

haha... using HRM can make One Looks Young and COOL... fashionable, Hippz n FasT which are the characteristics i m lacking... hehe... :P

The character "DO" is already a well known brand by many SG runners :cool_grin:

DO, you already look young, cool, fashinable, hippz n fast without the HRM...... no need any more HRM!... :cool_grin:

do i get ang pow?? :P

I m keen to get a Polar HRM with distance... OT  

But DO, with your current level, u still need such device?

DO, you already look young, cool, fashinable, hippz n fast without the HRM...... no need any more HRM!... :cool_grin:

do i get ang pow?? :P

Haha... Beena, u r so very Kind!! for telling lies ... U dun deserve any "Ang Pow" fm me!!!! haha... :P

Haha... Beena, u r so very Kind!!  for telling lies ... U dun deserve  any "Ang Pow" fm me!!!! haha... :P

i don't tell lies hor!... i swear to tell the truth :D

Haha... Beena, u r so very Kind!!  for telling lies ... U dun deserve  any "Ang Pow" fm me!!!!   haha... :P

Pssst...... (whisper sofely) Bee, look into the mirror now and check out if your nose is longer by an inch? :P

Haha... Beena, u r so very Kind!!  for telling lies ... U dun deserve  any "Ang Pow" fm me!!!!   haha...

Pssst...... (whisper sofely) Bee, look into the mirror now and check out if your nose is longer by an inch? :P

:lol:

Haha... Beena, u r so very Kind!!  for telling lies ... U dun deserve  any "Ang Pow" fm me!!!!   haha... :P

:cool_grin: :cool_grin:

Currently using Polar S625X. not much complaint except that the distant tracking thru footpod can be +/- up to 5% and thought a GPS one would be better.

On the other hand, I also understand that a GPS version need direct sighting with the satelite whcih i think even if jog in Shenton way or MR will give you the "out of sight out - No distant tracking problem) already.

I do not know how much they are selling the garmin's forerunner here.. but i saw forerunner 201 being sold at Target (U.S.A) counter at US$130 which i must said is a real good buy....ALmost bought one there!!!!. However, for the version that you purchase from US or (mail order) the charger only take in 110V which you CANT use here in Singapore (unless with an adaptor)

I would appreciate it if someone could share their experience of any GPS distant tracking gear as I am quite keen to get one forerunner (maybe the basic forerunner 101)

Cheers!!!

haha... using HRM can make One Looks Young and COOL... fashionable, Hippz n FasT which are the characteristics i m lacking... hehe...  :P

I think your nice caps are already cool and hip liao... :smilie_daumen1:

the distance measurement is really useful, especially when u run trails and in tightly Built-up areas.... most useful, u can run along with shwe babes to recce for new routes and helping them find the distances...is that COOL or what :P

haha... using HRM can make One Looks Young and COOL... fashionable, Hippz n FasT which are the characteristics i m lacking... hehe...  :P

I think your nice caps are already cool and hip liao... :smilie_daumen1:

the distance measurement is really useful, especially when u run trails and in tightly Built-up areas.... most useful, u can run along with shwe babes to recce for new routes and helping them find the distances...is that COOL or what :P

It helps on flat road, but not very accurate on MR cross country condition.

Cheers.

Currently using Polar S625X. not much complaint except  that the distant tracking thru footpod can be +/- up to 5% and thought a GPS one would be better.

On the other hand, I also understand that a GPS version need direct sighting with the satelite whcih i think even if jog in Shenton way or MR will give you the "out of sight out - No distant tracking problem) already.

I do not know how much they are selling the garmin's forerunner here.. but i saw forerunner 201 being sold at Target (U.S.A) counter at US$130 which i must said is a real good buy....ALmost bought one there!!!!. However, for the version that you purchase from US or (mail order) the charger only take in 110V which you CANT  use here in Singapore (unless with an adaptor)

I would appreciate it if someone could share their experience of any GPS distant tracking gear as I am quite keen to get one forerunner (maybe the basic forerunner 101)

Cheers!!!

I'm using the Forerunner 201 to track speed, pace and distance. As mentioned, on cloudy days, build up areas or under shade, the tracking may be lost hence making it inaccurate but on good days, its pretty reliable. Tried comparing it to Google Earth and it corresponds quite well. So in terrains like MR, you may as well leave it at home.

However, it has navigational features which will lead you back to the starting point or to the next check point. You can get this from Sim Lim Tower or Square. A couple of shops sell it. I got mine at about $260. The distributor is O'Connor's.

The Forerunner 101 and 201 are quite similar, the difference lies in 201 has a rechargable battery and it allows you to connect to the PC for programming and upgrading of firmware. The 301 that comes with a heart rate monitor would be useful, I think it cost about $100 - $150 more than 201.

Currently using Polar S625X. not much complaint except  that the distant tracking thru footpod can be +/- up to 5% and thought a GPS one would be better.

I do not know how much they are selling the garmin's forerunner here.. but i saw forerunner 201 being sold at Target (U.S.A) counter at US$130 which i must said is a real good buy....ALmost bought one there!!!!. However, for the version that you purchase from US or (mail order) the charger only take in 110V which you CANT  use here in Singapore (unless with an adaptor)

Cheers!!!

I'm using the Forerunner 201 to track speed, pace and distance. As mentioned, on cloudy days, build up areas or under shade, the tracking may be lost hence making it inaccurate but on good days, its pretty reliable. Tried comparing it to Google Earth and it corresponds quite well. So in terrains like MR, you may as well leave it at home.

However, it has navigational features which will lead you back to the starting point or to the next check point. You can get this from Sim Lim Tower or Square. A couple of shops sell it. I got mine at about $260. The distributor is O'Connor's.

The Forerunner 101 and 201 are quite similar, the difference lies in 201 has a rechargable battery and it allows you to connect to the PC for programming and upgrading of firmware. The 301 that comes with a heart rate monitor would be useful, I think it cost about $100 - $150 more than 201.

Roadrunners..tks fpr the infos... :)

I'm using Forerunner 101. Don't really recommend as Roadrunner mention, always lose signal at MacRitchie, running within my HDB estate.

But the new Forerunner 205 & 305 looks cools, and uses the new SiRF star III chip. Suppose to be more responsive, and can acquire satalites even in covered and build up areas.

Worth taking a look at.

I read that the 305 on top of being smaller than the 301, has an improved GPS system as the 301's GPS requires the user to position it in certain direction for it to work correctly.

The 305 is probably the most high tech HRM available. That got me set to buying one during my trip to US and I was disappointed to find out that it is not available yet. There's a long list of pre-orders for the Feb release, so it may be months for it to be available in SG if its going to be. Till then I will settle for the Polar RS200SD.

Runner's World Feb edition has an article about distance measurement with GPS and non-GPS systems.

New Forerunner 205?? Wow! It looks spiffy! But it is US$100 more than the Forerunner 201.. Aw well. Then it is not an option then. The rechargable battery also a problem if I get it from the US.

Anyone use garmin 205? I looking for one that measure distance and pace. GPS features very good i read, i don't want to get lost. :redface:

Apart from roadrunner recommendation, where else can i get in locally?

Anyone use garmin 205? I looking for one that measure distance and pace. GPS features very good i read, i don't want to get lost. :redface:

Apart from roadrunner recommendation, where else can i get in locally?

I heard GPS not very useful in Singapore... coz too many High-rise and trees blocking.... unless you're using it for overseas run? :unsure: