Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TriSucculent

Edurance racing socks

My personal preference is Wright double layer anti-blister socks. Available from RL

yea. I also use this. but they have holes now haha... gotta buy soon.

Swear by Injinji toe socks. Always get blisters without them for >10km runs.

too ex. haha... any bulk purchase? :P

you want socks that is moisture wicking (e.g. coolmax). Also something help to prevent blister. I use Injinji. Excellent sock. But expensive and not durable at all (For me, it only last for about 3 marathons). I used to use it for training as well. But now, only use it for the race and use some other cheaper solution for training.

Just to add on, socks might not be the be all and end all of this. I found that anti-blister powder helped a lot!

Yup.. Its good. Injini is awesome.. Used to have blisters without fail during a 42k.

Do get the bodyglide. apply some on your feet and you r good to go!

Er.. i used to have 2 bodyglide.. one for leg.. and for body.. =P

Just to add on, socks might not be the be all and end all of this. I found that anti-blister powder helped a lot!

Something new..anti-blister powder?? where to buy?cheap? :innocent:

My personal preference is the New Balance cocona socks. Very smooth, and dries fast.

I use good old Vaseline! And any socks as long as not too worn. I usually only apply for runs of >10km. Very rarely (not never) get blisters. Could also wearing the correct shoes help?

Something new..anti-blister powder?? where to buy?cheap? :innocent:

Yep, cheap :) (besides, it's hard to put a price tag on painful, long lasting and unsightly blisters)

I usually get mine at Outdoor Life (just above RL at Novena) but I think RL sells them too. Called Blister Shield.

to prevent blister, different people has different root cause. And you need to understand YOUR OWN root cause the prevent it. From my own experience, usual root causes:

a. rubbing between toes, may be due to overlapping toes. Toe sock such as Injinji will help. Some people may tape their toes individually

b. wet feet. Too much sweat. Wet feet soften the skin and more likely to get blister. Powder to dry the feet will help. Also, find some way to reduce the sweat going to your feet (e.g. long tight may help). Moisture wicking socks. Air your feet at intervals (if time permits)

c. too much heat, hot spot. Vaseline or Bodyglide will help to reduce friction and reduce the heat. Don't use thick sock that will trap the heat

d. skin too "thin" in some area. Tape it up. The tape acts as "extra" skin. May use thicker sock.

e. shoe too tight, not enough space in toe box. Change your shoe!! Other method will not help. Remember to get at least half-a-size or a full size bigger. Shop for shoe only in the evening when your feet is bigger. My "normal" shoe size is 8.5, I have running shoes ranging 9 to 10!

to prevent blister, different people has different root cause. And you need to understand YOUR OWN root cause the prevent it. From my own experience, usual root causes:

a. rubbing between toes, may be due to overlapping toes. Toe sock such as Injinji will help. Some people may tape their toes individually

b. wet feet. Too much sweat. Wet feet soften the skin and more likely to get blister. Powder to dry the feet will help. Also, find some way to reduce the sweat going to your feet (e.g. long tight may help). Moisture wicking socks. Air your feet at intervals (if time permits)

c. too much heat, hot spot. Vaseline or Bodyglide will help to reduce friction and reduce the heat. Don't use thick sock that will trap the heat

d. skin too "thin" in some area. Tape it up. The tape acts as "extra" skin. May use thicker sock.

e. shoe too tight, not enough space in toe box. Change your shoe!! Other method will not help. Remember to get at least half-a-size or a full size bigger. Shop for shoe only in the evening when your feet is bigger. My "normal" shoe size is 8.5, I have running shoes ranging 9 to 10!

Nice, great post on clarifying the causes. thanks for that. And woot, fellower Hong Konger! :)