Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

marcos

Which Hydration belt???

So the fuel belt is called Fuel belt helium?

Any other kinds of fuel belt ? how much does it cost?

and cheap place to buy it? queensway shopping center or novena running lab? I know running lab got a lot of stuff but a bit expensive so is there any cheaper place? if not novena also can hehe....

So the fuel belt is called Fuel belt helium?

Any other kinds of fuel belt ? how much does it cost?

and cheap place to buy it? queensway shopping center or novena running lab? I know running lab got a lot of stuff but a bit expensive so is there any cheaper place? if not novena also can hehe....

Alamak you need to be spoon fed ahhh, check out the internet lah....http://www.fuelbelt.com/....they got quite a few model, classic, revenge, helium etc.....

So where can i buy fuel belt Helium?

Is Queensway shopping center selling ? and also at a cheaper rate like running shoes?

you can get them in Running Lab or Moovsports (http://www.moovsports.com).

I am Nathan user. 4 bottle can be quite a weight to carry during long runs and they do bounce around. Try to get something tighter as the elasticity reduce over time. I have been using my Nathans for about 3 years now and have shorten the belt quite a few times by sewing the 'excess' together and adding additional velcro.

Bought a new one. The latest design allows you to adjust the waist size.

Is it true with 2 or 4 bottles in the hydration belt .. running wif it quite a weight?

Jus checked out Novena running lab.. they are selling Fuel Belt wif 2 and 4 bottles abt Eighty dollars.

Also got Nathan ..

Is it true with 2 or 4 bottles in the hydration belt .. running wif it quite a weight?

Jus checked out Novena running lab.. they are selling Fuel Belt wif 2 and 4 bottles abt Eighty dollars.

Also got Nathan ..

What is your priority? Weight or Hydration?

At the start of the run, the weight is of no concern as you would start fresh. By the time you hit 10km, you may have drunk 2 of the bottles already, so the weight is reduced as with your fatigue level.... make sense?

Trained by SAF, I can go running for 10km (can push to 12km) without intake of water (of course must have water parade prior to start of run)... thereafter I drink like a cow.

Actually in Singapore, no need water belt.... just keep $2 in your pocket will do.

haha, won't need $2 during run.. need more water points .. i feel that running long distances require lots of running momentum .. means no stopping as far as possible.. in my case i think this applies to me... so i'm thinking of getting hydration belt..

Yes u are right beginning the weight will not matter much....hmmmmm

Sorry off topic, I have a brand new with tag helium belt with 3 bottles bought from running lab, 1 bottle I had used for my weekly training.

Letting go at $60, Interested buyer pls PM me thanks :)

Also got Nathan ..

I can feel the diff with 4 bottles loaded, both in terms of weight and the bouncing. So, I am most of the time on 2 bottles and i top up during toilet break. If needed, i load empty bottle with Gatorade powder and then top up when I need them to reduce the weight.

Hi,

I do my LSD at east coast. With the scms coming up soon, I am also increasing my mileage. I dont normally hydrate but gathered from the forum that it is very necesary.

I don't like the idea of belts so would like to know if anyone has tried cash instead and easing at the many drink points along the way to buy drinks.

The time slowed down, to me, is negligible in a 20+k run. But what do you think?

Hi,

I do my LSD at east coast. With the scms coming up soon, I am also increasing my mileage. I dont normally hydrate but gathered from the forum that it is very necesary.

I don't like the idea of belts so would like to know if anyone has tried cash instead and easing at the many drink points along the way to buy drinks.

The time slowed down, to me, is negligible in a 20+k run. But what do you think?

There are many water/tiolet point along ECP. The water breaks are rest break as well. Only problem comes when you go beyond NSRCC towards the coastal road towards Changi. There is a long straight and boring stretch that does not have any water point (6-7k). Within ECP (Fort Rd to NSRCC, to and forth is abt 20km), there are water point everywhere.

I've been using the 3 bottle Amphipod hydration belt for the pass 2 years.

Was useful when I 1st started running & even until now when I'm doing only max 21km.

I carry as below for my own runs.

5-10km - 1 bottle

10-15km - 2 bottles

15-21km - 3 bottles

However, I realize that it bounces too much with 3 bottles. Especially true once the elastic portion wears out.

Therefore, now I'm looking to get a hydration pack for runs longer than 15km.

Note that these runs I'm referring to are my own runs. Not those event races where there are water points.

Because during your own runs, the route might not have any water points for you to buy drinks or you might not want to stop & affect your momentum.

Was useful when I 1st started running & even until now when I'm doing only max 21km.

5-10km - 1 bottle

10-15km - 2 bottles

15-21km - 3 bottles

However, I realize that it bounces too much with 3 bottles. Especially true once the elastic portion wears out.

Note that these runs I'm referring to are my own runs. Not those event races where there are water points.

Because during your own runs, the route might not have any water points for you to buy drinks or you might not want to stop & affect your momentum.

oops..was actually looking at the amphipod to replace my aged Nathan. Guess, when the elasticity of the belt starts to wear off, the best it can hold is 2 bottles w/o too much boucing. Is the catch still good?

5-10km - 1 bottle

10-15km - 2 bottles

15-21km - 3 bottles

Alv777, is this available in Singapore??? or need to purchase off the internet? look quite sturdy, how's the bottle holder??? Still good after all this time??? Thanks.

After reading a few posts i think the bouncing n weight will matter.. i dun think i'll like the bouncing n weight... still considering.. so far i've run about 8km.. and i'm still NOT using any hydration belt... possibly I'll be buying a 2-bottle hydration Fuel belt with spare pouches for additional bottles???