Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

marcos

Which Hydration belt???

can't be fixed. better to get the old "classic" model. I don't like those new models -friends belt gave up the ghost in a year or so.

Am looking for a hydration belt, may I know which store got a better deal? Probably getting the Helium 4.

On a side note, how often do you guys hydrate yourself during a run that is at least 10km? This is in the context where your route don't have any hydration point.

If you do, how much water do you drink at one time?

Or how much in total for the whole run?

Or you guys don't hydrate at all if distance is only 10km?

If less than 10km, I don't drink until after the run.... then I drink like a cow!

can't be fixed. better to get the old "classic" model. I don't like those new models -friends belt gave up the ghost in a year or so.

how about using some padded single sided tape or padded double side tape..

so that it will not be too loose

adidas running belt...reminds me of my follow runner friend who wore it that morning. somehow the bottle doesnt sit in totally into the 'pocket' like the others which only 'expose' the last 1/4 of the bottle. So, when he was running, the bottles were 'bobbling' around as though they were going to drop out although it did not. It looks really funny and he feels embarass as the bottles were literally dancing around his waist... :rolleyes:

uncle experiences with bottles in belt are that when not full, bobbling sound, especially if you run in nature trail run where to remain quiet is a virtue to the surrounding, runner with "blob blob" water bottles show discourtesy to others, besides, if bottle impact on skin, friction may cause cuts and bruise, so when bathing, burning/painful sensation..uncle has never wore any hydration belt ever since.

Two options for hydration - hand carry bottle of 330 or 500ml water bottle or hydration bag with water bag. Depends on distance and area, of course as uncle trail run day and night, sometimes getting lost or fallen into muddy ponds, chances of run "stoppage" is high, and when hunger or thirst hit in the middle of nowhere, the only way is to have enough hydration to get out of the situation - a matter of survival. For road race, depends on the sponsors, some provide every 2km, some 5km, others 10km water points, no fixed standard..so backup of water from uncle's hand carried water bottle works, when uncle thirsty, just drink, self sufficiency.

Interesting issues of when to hydrate during run eg 5km, water must drink, by 10km or 15km, must have isotonic drinks also, every seems to be experts..uncle's answer, the first sweat after you run will mean that you have dehydrated, please drink, you may have to drink when you run, not easy at first, imagine breathe in/out, gulp water in/out, expect to "cough out" water, or "sudden gulp of air - out of breadth" because water and air goes by the same airway tract - the throat to the lungs also to the stomach...practice makes perfect.

Uncle advocates hydration bag with water bag, and the bag can also put xtra running singlet and socks in case of rain, vaseline to prevent friction on body parts, muscle ointment for soreness, money and personnal items..that is for LSD or trail run...be safe and sound in your running journey.

Anyone here uses amphipod and which website did your buy from?

Bought from runninwarehouse. Use 15% team discount (google for it)... DEtach and attach very easy and fast..

Bought from runninwarehouse. Use 15% team discount (google for it)... DEtach and attach very easy and fast..

how's the reliability of the catch? still ok after repeated attaching/detaching? how long have you had it?

I don't use it very often.. Let's say only 10 times. Still catching.

May offer "RWMAY11" for 10% off till 5/31/11..

Running Warehouse Masters 10% Discount "RWMASTERS"..

Anyone knows where i can get a cheap helium 4 locally? everywhere i go its selling at srp...

Have you tried beach rd army market?

how's the reliability of the catch? still ok after repeated attaching/detaching? how long have you had it?

i got 1 too. been using for nearly 2 years. catch is still good.

easy snap on & off. won't drop off at all once the snap is secure with a snap sound/feel as u snap it back in place.

decided on this this becos it's the only hydration belt that allows you to slide the bottle holder along the whole belt.

and you can add or remove additional pouch to it or bottle holder. short run - use 1 bottle, mid run to long run - 2-3 bottles.

very versatile if find. no regrets at all getting it.

Anyone knows where i can get a cheap helium 4 locally? everywhere i go its selling at srp...

Have you tried beach rd army market?

You've seen it selling there before? Dont think will sell leh...

easy snap on & off. won't drop off at all once the snap is secure with a snap sound/feel as u snap it back in place.

decided on this this becos it's the only hydration belt that allows you to slide the bottle holder along the whole belt.

and you can add or remove additional pouch to it or bottle holder. short run - use 1 bottle, mid run to long run - 2-3 bottles.

Hi alv, hmm..how is your amphipod setup like..I was thinking of their Airflow microstretch belt, with their 10.5oz snapflask as addon as currently using spibelt.

I have a amphipod as well...bought direct from amphipod website by using vpost concienge service. I didn't running warehouse coz' they did not provide the accessories I wanted. I got the gel holder, bigger bottles, tag holder, phone holder at 1 go.

the hydration is better than what I have previously...

During SD, coz' I load my gel pod with too many gels it drop quite a few times....

Hi alv, hmm..how is your amphipod setup like..I was thinking of their Airflow microstretch belt, with their 10.5oz snapflask as addon as currently using spibelt.

This is what i got.

http://www.runningwarehouse.com/descpage-AMS3.html

Any recommendation for fuel belt or hand held water bottle?

Think fuel belt is more conveninent cos no need to carry bottle?

How much will the often mentioned ones here like Helium, amphipod costs? where can i purchase them? peninsula plaza ? running lab ?

to get for running 21km for this yr Standchart

Any help appreciated !! tks!!

I've only used the Nathan hydration belt but the experience has been disappointing. When bottles are full, they bounce too much when you try to run any faster than a jog, so it's very uncomfortable. My friends seem to prefer Fuel Belt Helium cos they say it doesn't move around so much. Nowadays, I I usually don't use the belt unless I'm running somewhere where I can't buy drinks for many miles or there aren't any toilets along the route.

Any recommendation for fuel belt or hand held water bottle?

Think fuel belt is more conveninent cos no need to carry bottle?

How much will the often mentioned ones here like Helium, amphipod costs? where can i purchase them? peninsula plaza ? running lab ?

to get for running 21km for this yr Standchart

Any help appreciated !! tks!!

Yes, fuel belt is more convenient, my experience with the Helium fuel belt, the elastic that hold the bottle will become loosen, using it for only a year, end up using rubberband to secure it. Think the new design should be better.

So where can i buy fuel belt Helium?

Is Queensway shopping center selling ? and also at a cheaper rate like running shoes?