Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

marcos

Which Hydration belt???

what's the diff b/w the helium 4 and the fuel belt 4 bottle? only the waist band?

yes mainly the belt...also Helium 4 is more colorful and the pouch attached to it is different from FB Classic 4 bottles. :icecream:

Thanks! and also the info on Moov Sports I saw you posting here and also in another thread :)

IMHO, two very important things for fuel belt is belt comfort(the section that contacts your waist, no protruding points that might give you abrasion) and ease of removal/put back the bottles(the ideal ones for me is can be put back with one hand easily, preferably not bouncy). So you really want to try it out somehow before ordering online.

i agree ur point bro. that's why I'm hoping to try on the amphipod if can find locally.

some reviewed that fuel belt need 2 hands to put back bcos the holster are soft.

3 main issues for me:

1) snug & will not ride up & become loose while running

2) able to remove/put back bottle with 1 hand

3) adjustable holster/pouch

or where can i get this Nike hydration belt? the holster can be adjusted or removed.

http://therunningninja.com/tag/hydration-belt/

i been using this amphipod hydration belt for 3 yrs though i m not a heavy user. its comfy, adjustable position for bottles and good for all for long run (doesnt bounce and no abrasion). its not available locally, u have to get it directly in US or thru the webstore.

or where can i get this Nike hydration belt? the holster can be adjusted or removed.

http://therunningninja.com/tag/hydration-belt/

i been using this amphipod hydration belt for 3 yrs though i m not a heavy user. its comfy, adjustable position for bottles and good for all for long run (doesnt bounce and no abrasion). its not available locally, u have to get it directly in US or thru the webstore.

Tks bro for the info.

Any problem of it getting loose & move around during run?

I got the helium-2 (fuel belt) yesterday. Used it once for run already. Satisfied so far. Asking you all, do you wear it above your short and then velcro it tight?

I got the helium-2 (fuel belt) yesterday. Used it once for run already. Satisfied so far. Asking you all, do you wear it above your short and then velcro it tight?

I tried my frens Nike hydration belt & I prefer to wear it low at the hips.

It doesn't move up as i run. That's what i like.

i agree ur point bro. that's why I'm hoping to try on the amphipod if can find locally.

some reviewed that fuel belt need 2 hands to put back bcos the holster are soft.

3 main issues for me:

1) snug & will not ride up & become loose while running

2) able to remove/put back bottle with 1 hand

3) adjustable holster/pouch

Nathan hydration belt should meet your requirement for first two. Not sure what you want about the adjustment.

Nathan hydration belt should meet your requirement for first two. Not sure what you want about the adjustment.

Adjustable so that I can remove & use 1 bottle during short run or add more bottles for long run. :D

Adjustable so that I can remove & use 1 bottle during short run or add more bottles for long run. :D

well, you can bring just one bottle for short run, no need to remove the bottle holster...

well, you can bring just one bottle for short run, no need to remove the bottle holster...

Then it'll be lopsided isn't it? At least with adjustable holster, u can slide it to make it not lopsided.

you can adjust the belt so that the bottle stay at the back and your pouch on either the left or right side of your waist.

Ordered online the Amphipod runlite 3 hydration belt this week. Tested it out today & it's an excellent hydration belt for those who want to be able to customise the number of bottles to bring or add additional pouches to the belt.

The belt is tightened snugly around your waist/hip & you don't feel the bounce at all during the run.

Removing the bottle for a drink & putting it back is a breeze even while running. No problem of the bottle not clipping back correctly & dropping.

The pouch is big enough to hold my ipod mini, ear phones & 2 packs of GU power gel. The belt is long enough for you to add additional 3rd party pouch for your phones, keys & even money if you want.

I'm really glad that I found this hydration belt & no regrets getting it. :thumbsup:

Hope some shops will bring it in instead of us having to order online.

http://www.amphipod.com/8400/8400.html

Ordered online the Amphipod runlite 3 hydration belt this week. Tested it out today & it's an excellent hydration belt for those who want to be able to customise the number of bottles to bring or add additional pouches to the belt.

The belt is tightened snugly around your waist/hip & you don't feel the bounce at all during the run.

Removing the bottle for a drink & putting it back is a breeze even while running. No problem of the bottle not clipping back correctly & dropping.

The pouch is big enough to hold my ipod mini, ear phones & 2 packs of GU power gel. The belt is long enough for you to add additional 3rd party pouch for your phones, keys & even money if you want.

I'm really glad that I found this hydration belt & no regrets getting it. :thumbsup:

Hope some shops will bring it in instead of us having to order online.

http://www.amphipod.com/8400/8400.html

how is the belt being secured? plastic buckle or velcro?

can post a pic here?

looking to replace my Nathan who has served me well over the last 3+ years. The belt is getting a bit loose now and thinking of changing. How's the amiphod? How did u purchase it online? Price?

Am looking for a hydration belt, may I know which store got a better deal? Probably getting the Helium 4.

On a side note, how often do you guys hydrate yourself during a run that is at least 10km? This is in the context where your route don't have any hydration point.

If you do, how much water do you drink at one time?

Or how much in total for the whole run?

Or you guys don't hydrate at all if distance is only 10km?

i tend to drink every 5km... but after 21km.. i tend to drink more often...

but the type of liquid that u replenish is also important... for a 10km run.. water should do fine...

anything more then that... the proper isotonic drink will be better...

For the 1st 5km, I drink only water, after 6km, I can still hydrate with water only, but I would prefer isotonic. So I usually drink both. However, I normally drink every 3km, so that not to let the body gets too dehydrated. So now, which store has the best deal? hehe... :P

Am looking for a hydration belt, may I know which store got a better deal? Probably getting the Helium 4.

On a side note, how often do you guys hydrate yourself during a run that is at least 10km? This is in the context where your route don't have any hydration point.

If you do, how much water do you drink at one time?

Or how much in total for the whole run?

Or you guys don't hydrate at all if distance is only 10km?

I still haven't tried any distance longer than 12km yet for my runs so I don't own any hydration belt. So for distance ard 10km, I don't hydrate until after the run.

ah.. i forgot..

i do hydrate quite a bit b4 the run... infact..since i been more serious running again... i been hydrating like nobody business...

just a reference ...

i think different people.. different strokes.. try water first lah..

my helium 4 rubber become so loose that the bottle tends to drop off..

just less than 1 yr.. anyone know if this can be fixed?