Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

marcos

Which Hydration belt???

I'm a fan of fuel belt.

While I cannot refute that Nathan and Ultimate Direction "looks good", they don't offer the fit and snugness of a fuel belt. I look for something that won't bounce easily, or shift too much. The elastic band really helps.

I have two hydration belts, Nathan and Reuter-Nordic-1. Preferred the Nathan as the belt elastic band is stong, prevented the bottle from bouncing.

I am currently using Nathan speed 4. I perferred Nathan to Fuel Belt as I find that Nathan is easier to take out & put back the bottles. This is just a personal preference.

My suggestion is hard to tell which brands or type of hydration belt suit your running style or pace provided you try them on. As for the size of the belt, it does differs when put it on with & without liquid.

I'm using a 4-bottle Fuel Belt. With it's smaller bottle, smaller quantity means less 'choppiness' when running and less noise. While I do have the Ultimate Direction, I find having bigger bottles means more weight and less even-distribution of weight also. I'm sticking to the Fuel Belt, more fit and snug-feel! In the end, you'll still need to try it out to really know how it feels. Don't forget to put a couple of Gel packs to simulate the actual race day feel if you're carrying bottles and Gels and whatever miscellaneous.

I have both Nathan and Fuel Belt. For Nathan, taking out and putting back the bottle is easier. However, in terms of fit, Fuel Belt seems better for me. Less bouncing from the bottle too. I guess you need to try and see which fit u better.

I am using Nathan but have tried Fuel Belt in the shop and felt it has better fit for me, although the Nathan seems to be able to carry more stuff in its "pockets".

I have two hydration belts, Nathan and Reuter-Nordic-1. Preferred the Nathan as the belt elastic band is stong, prevented the bottle from bouncing.

the Nathan belt can cut your skin. I got it quite bad recently. Don't know why. So weird that I wore it for a year without no problem, then now it showed.

I'm not sure how much the FB is retailing for in Singapore, but here's the website link: http://www.fuelbelt.com/fuel_belts/fuel_belts.html

I imagine that the prices here would be comparable once converted? Of course, it also depends on how many bottles you want on your belt.

Hi all, was just wondering how much does it cost for the fuelbelt?

I'm not sure how much the FB is retailing for in Singapore, but here's the website link: http://www.fuelbelt.com/fuel_belts/fuel_belts.html

I imagine that the prices here would be comparable once converted? Of course, it also depends on how many bottles you want on your belt.

Thks for the info

Can the bottle holder on fuel be slide to adjust the position?

Or is it fixed?

the "holder" for the water bottle is fixed position;cannot shift.

Thks for the info

call Moov Sports to check the prices tel:63922063..look for Yong or Georgia...but u gotta know which type u want...2 bottles or 4 bottles etc etc...see website for info before u call.

any fuel belt with movable bottle holder?

I want to have the flexibility of removing the bottle holders to add more pouch if need arises.

I want to have the flexibility of removing the bottle holders to add more pouch if need arises.

Came across the Salomon hydration belt with movable bottle holders at the Tampines WOS outlet. I think the price is $55 IIRC.

FB can add more pouches but just cannot remove the water bottle holder lah... :P the extra pouch will be between the front and back water bottle holder. I'm using the one with 4 holders...

what's the diff b/w the helium 4 and the fuel belt 4 bottle? only the waist band?

yes mainly the belt...also Helium 4 is more colorful and the pouch attached to it is different from FB Classic 4 bottles. :icecream:

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Upcoming Events

• Topics

• Why WMM over IAAF? Think you'll find that is down to how WMM markets and promotes those cities that are in this exclusive club. Especially with medal chasers. Look at who is in this exclusive club....2 major financial hubs, and with Brexit - perhaps Berlin is set to be a financial hub. Assume being part of the WMM will also come with a fee. So between IAAF and WMM, the STPB would find WMM more attractive and this would give Singapore special recognition in their want to progress with greater sporting achievements. Joseph Schooling's Olympic win, allows more to dream big.
    • Uncle salutes to Michelle Sng for her best effort for the Nation with this interview of her painful and also exiting moments when she took up High Jump for Woman because of her passion of "why not?" (info: https://mothership.sg/2018/01/michelle-sng/) A prodigy (she says she is not), a performance High Jumper (she says is unexpected), "no pain no gain" and with tears - she had to go through as her journey - making a come-back, an unwilling Champion (humbly just do my best), and she did it for the Nation because there was no representative for the sports she loved and she has passion about it because she participated as a school-girl - just for the sure fun of it. Thank you, Michelle. You are always the most inspired High Jumper (Gold) and aptly the high jump mama...a respect and inspiration for all here. We wish you the best in everything your heart desire.  What's next - SA: a SA-ga-ble NSA.
    • You are right! It is already very good timing. I can't even dream of that!  
    • Why is the Authority (whoever the Stakeholders) are so hype about "Platinum" label aka WMM. Cities/Countries which are ready for "Gold" label upgrading to "Platimum" aka WMM (Selection)   Closer to us, Asia: Tokyo Marathon 2020, Major WMM, Host of Olympics 2020 a selected trial for WMM World Championship. Runners can qualify for the 2020 race by nailing the following times, broken down by age group: 18 to 34 years old (3:00 for men, 3:30 for women) 35 to 39 (3:05 for men, 3:35 for women) 1) Marathon: 7 hours; Wheelchair Marathon: 2 hours and 10 minutes.2) 10km Race: 1 hour and 40 minutes; Wheelchair 10km race: 35 minutes.* The time limits are based on the gun time.* The cut-off time will be enforced at each checkpoint due to reasons of traffic control, security, and event operation.* Runners who fail to pass through the checkpoint before the cut-off time will be disqualified from the race. Furthermore, runners who lag excessively behind the cut-off time pace may be stopped to leave the course at anytime. Maximum Paricipation: 37,000 (Marathon - both HM and FM) So wonder why, "Evening Run will actually attract More" Participation and Qualifiers. When we are "selected as trial", hopefully from 2020, 2021 cut-off time naturally will 7 hours or less "to finalise the trial" to entry WMM Collaborative effort of the Authority with the Nation must be part of this effort as shown by the Government of Spain. That will be missing communication in 2019 SCSM. "Simi sai is WMM?" "How would a sai tang run WMM benefit the Public?" "Why the ultra-national level of Road Closure is beyond the F1 Night Race and NDP?" "Who is that Authority that Grant the Permission?" Leave the matter to the Authority to settle to the Public. As a run community which provides the forum is to info, listen, seek levels to fill the gaps of what is and what is not (fake news); Advise to running partners (newbies or those who have passion to run to live ACTIVE and to compete safely that includes injury management issues - "no pain no gain" is never advocated); Advice on "Race Routes" by race organisers (quality vs non-compliance; sanctioned competitive vs recreational/grassroots), example, Sundown Marathon, offered "previous" routes, hydration and nutrition issues, who's who in the race organiser profile; Pricing;  Greater Earth Sustainability, Education (Injury Management, Nutrition and Hydration, Running Gears, Training and Race Strategy).  Invite previous forummers  (founders) who once "created" SgRunner forum from 2005/7 to 2010 to be such active running communities. Notice from "Guest List", they are viewing events as well as chats of the past, which uncle fondly remembered, "Woodcutter Trial Run" was one of the past events which uncle took almost 1/3 of Forum Thread (as usual - silly chat) to explore and hilarious encounters of wild animals and "ghostly" encounters.  PM and invite them to share, and just say Hi (1 post). Some of these previous forummers posted like more than 10,000 to 15,000, meaning they had contributed for at least a decade worth of knowledge and experience. Please, join us also. Thank you. Uncle ends with this motivational reason why the Authority wants us to believe in WMM is the better way to upgrade the status of running for passion with this challenge : (marketing hype - of course lah) For those who are able, Go for IT! Yes, bring your national flag along. You deserved it!     
    • Central to the topic of interest: Road Closure and Who is the Authority (Decision)?         What is expected in Road Closure for Event?           What is important in IAAF Road Race Label Rules for Road Closure.       SCSM is driving towards the "Platinum" label as entry for WMM in 2021. fyi, when you sign up for run race, previous experiences of "route" from sgRunners' feedback is important. Running on walking path is never "encouraged", unless this is a recreational run especially at PCN Connectors. Expect that Routes sharing with Bikes and PMDs will have a set of rules from 2020. Yes, Bikers and PMDs can also complain about Runners about their entitlements.