Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

codezlesgeass

Nike+ Sportsband 2.0

My Link died on me recently and couldn't upload my runs to my account via USB. (this is devastating for me esp now that i'm so addicted to it ... not to mention I'm leading in some challenges ... haha)

So, I switch to using my iPhone3GS (with OS 4.0.1). I do think it needs calibration now but I don't think it is using any data link, because I have tried using my 2G SIM card on this iPhone and it still works.

I'm also looking for cheaper lobang to get a replacement Link.

Hmm... Is your 2G sim card is under which telco? Either with 2G sim card you still can access data surfing

or traffic by using GPRS.

Can't wait for Nike to open up the registration next month. Hopefully they bring back the promo of the sportsband with free Human Race slot.

:x

I switched to Airplane mode and it still worked.

But the problem I have now (and also part of the reason why I tried to switch to airplane mode) was that when I paused the recording on my iPhone (e.g. waiting at the traffic light), I tend to lose my connection of the sensor. What happened after that (if I didn't know that the connection is lost) then the timing would still run but the distance is no longer recording.

Conclusion is this Nike+ with iPhone did not link with any data traffic. Secondly it will tend to lose connection when pause it. This is a bug for iOS 4. Have you feedback to Apple about?

I encounter the same situation like you during my Safra@ Mt. Faber Run.

It wasn't like that when I was in iOS 3.12. Hai...

Feedback? See link http://forums.nike.com/thread.jspa?threadID=32962&tstart=0

Just before I leave to Malaysia this weekend for Mizuno Wave, just like to check how to I on/off the sensor correctly as I will be going by flight?

Putting the Sensor to Sleep

The sensor is awake and on by default. If you want to store the sensor for a long period of time or make it stop transmitting, you can put it to sleep or take it out of your shoe.

To put the sensor to sleep: Use a pen or a paper clip to press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for three seconds. (fig.45)

fig45.jpg

Important: Put the sensor to sleep before taking it on an aircraft, to comply with applicable government regulations.

To wake the sensor: Use a pen or a paper clip to press the Sleep/Wake button.

Ok a burning question here, I have two sensors in use now, one calibrated nicely, the other no so accurate. I wanted to do a re-calibration for the latter but the Nike+ Connect Utility indicated as calibrated. So how can I do a re-calibration for this sensor?

How would the Nike+ Connect identify 2 different sensors? I may be wrong but it seems to me that the program is only reading data from the sportsband itself.

How would the Nike+ Connect identify 2 different sensors? I may be wrong but it seems to me that the program is only reading data from the sportsband itself.

The Nike+ Connect can identify 2 different sensors, but the program only reads data from the Sportsband (regardless of which transmitter you use) and uploads to only one account. It does make sense, no?

Linking to More Than One Sensor

Your SportBand comes already linked to a sensor, but you can link it with up to 8 sensors. This is a great option to have if you workout in more than one pair of shoes.

Press and hold the Toggle button (on the side) for 10 seconds (fig.35) and walk around to activate the sensor (fig.36). If only one active sensor is present, a blinking LINK message will appear. The linking is complete once the OK message has appeared for 5 seconds.

fig35.jpg

Figure 35

fig36.jpg

Figure 36

The SportBand can only link to one new shoe sensor at a time. If it detects too many unlinked sensors, the display will show WALK AWAY (fig.37).

fig37.jpg

Figure 37

Walk away from where you are to allow the SportBand to establish the link to the sensor in the shoes you are wearing. When only that sensor is detected the LINK message will appear, followed by OK.

Important: You can only link up to a total of eight different sensors. If you link to a 9th sensor, the link to the 1st sensor will be deleted.

been using the nike sport band for more than a year...its easy and no frill to keep track of my running distance, etc.

recently got the armpocket n 'upgraded' my run with music from my iphone which also have the nike app. neat.

I have used Sportband2 for about 2 years now. Being changing numerous Sportband simply becos the gold-finger connection on the USB tab will get "tarnish" and plating rubbed off after I attempt to wipe dry after my run. Once the gold-plating is gone, the connection is bad ... if possible at all.

However, I find this cheap and good enough for me to to have a rough gauge of the distance I ran. So, no problem. I have many running related apps on my iPhone too. Including the Nike+ GPS apps. But I still stick to using the Sportband for the simplicity.

Hope the 3rd generation that is coming out soon will resolve the reliability problem.

Yup, thought of waiting for the new GPS Sportsband but still went out to get another Sportsband 2.0 within a week after dropping mine which caused the display to fail. :diablo:

I have used Sportband2 for about 2 years now. Being changing numerous Sportband simply becos the gold-finger connection on the USB tab will get "tarnish" and plating rubbed off after I attempt to wipe dry after my run. Once the gold-plating is gone, the connection is bad ... if possible at all.

However, I find this cheap and good enough for me to to have a rough gauge of the distance I ran. So, no problem. I have many running related apps on my iPhone too. Including the Nike+ GPS apps. But I still stick to using the Sportband for the simplicity.

Hope the 3rd generation that is coming out soon will resolve the reliability problem.

any idea why my Nike utility shows 'No new workouts to upload' when I have ran already? the sportband shows my distance but the utility can't :wacko:

edit* got it to work after I relogin and close the utility :ph34r:

Hi,

Anybody has problem using the Nike Sportsband in MAC OS Lion? My Mac doesn't seem to recognise the device after I upgraded to Lion :(

Would appreciate any feedback...

Thanks

Hi,

Anybody has problem using the Nike Sportsband in MAC OS Lion? My Mac doesn't seem to recognise the device after I upgraded to Lion :(

Thanks

I reset the Sportsband and now it is being detected.... oh well... one of those things...

Hi,

Thanks

Mac user here. i experience the same thing as well. have given up on the gadget after trying multiple times.. Btw, how do you reset it?

Mac user here. i experience the same thing as well. have given up on the gadget after trying multiple times.. Btw, how do you reset it?

Hi,

You can reset the sportsband by pressing and holding the Record and the Toggle buttons at the same time for 10 seconds.

Not much happening for the Sportsband... I guess most runners are using GPS watches. I like the Sportsband for it's simplicity. It provides enough information, and have been reliable for the 3 years that I have it.

The Nike+ website has been updated, and besides loading run data, I can now key in what shoe I use for that run. This will be helpful to track the mileage of the shoes that I have on rotation... Nice job, Nike.

After 2 odd years with Nike plus, I have since switched to garmin gps watch...

One of the reason is that beside my Nike Pegasus 28, I am alternating with my new balance 890v2 n newton gravity shoes.