Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

codezlesgeass

Nike+ Sportsband 2.0

Yes, it is confirmed. Called them today and they actually ask me to go down and take a look and they might be able to sell to me. But not in the condition to go all the way down today. A check with them and they say they have 'plenty' of stocks for the launch tomorrow. Hope they didn't underestimate the demand. Haha...

Ok, how muchie? :rolleyes:

Good question, I didn't ask! :sweat: Haha....but my take should be the same as the v1 @ $99.

take mine lah, cheap cheap for you only...

Don't need such a complex watch la. :lol:

life is like a box of chocolate, full of complexity

take mine lah, cheap cheap for you only...

Don't need such a complex watch la. :lol:

life is like a box of chocolate, full of complexity

Lucky I'm not into chocolates. :Big Grin:

Will stick with the simplicity of the Sportbands. :whistle:

Yes, it is launched officially today, with not much fanfare. The official price is $99.90. It should be available at all Nike store. Here is a first look at it. Click on the picture if you want to look at a bigger picture. :)

Ok, the picture no big deal lah, not as nice as the Nike website one... :lol:

P1030784_Thumb.JPG

P1030785_Thumb.JPG

P1030786_Thumb.JPG

Comes with 1 year warranty, they will stamp, sign and put the date on the warranty booklet. The instructions are in pictorial format, me not so good at deciphering picture so downloaded the manual online. Still prefer words. Heehee...

Very easy to setup and connect, even easier than the ipod one I use. Cool!

Just gotten the V2 as well. Suggest not to head to the B.I.R.D. outlets - I was at the Novena branch and the staff there said the stock is only coming in next month. :Confused:

Exchanged my V1 to V2 at the Wisma Atria flagship store, pretty straightforward. As keltong said, they'll stamp and sign in the warranty booklet, though mine wasn't dated (maybe have to keep receipt?).

The Sportsband V2 comes in 2 colourways - Anthracite/Voltage Yellow (as what keltong has photographed, and I got that too), and Neutral Grey/Pink. Apparently overseas they have other colours also, but locally this is the only 2.

Going to try it out at tomorrow's SBR, and give my 2 cents after that. :)

I saw US website also 2 colors. Think v2 only comes with 2 colors...the grey/pink looks more like white/pink, my wife initially wanted that but think the white color will turn dirty very easily so settle for the black/yellow.

I just realise I accidentally threw away the receipt. Haha...but hopefully no problem with it.

My wife will be testing it...as it is for her. :)

Oh...didn't notice about the corner turn black thingie...will check it out.

I saw US website also 2 colors. Think v2 only comes with 2 colors...the grey/pink looks more like white/pink, my wife initially wanted that but think the white color will turn dirty very easily so settle for the black/yellow.

I just realise I accidentally threw away the receipt. Haha...but hopefully no problem with it.

My wife will be testing it...as it is for her. :)

Oh...didn't notice about the corner turn black thingie...will check it out.

oh the black mark goes off after full charge will monitor it :)

it didn't really need calibration for me. and i am not even using a nike+ shoe

but walking the dist not as accurate as compared to when i ran with it

same, gonna test out during tmr's SBR!

There's 2 other colourways - grey/blue and black/red. But that's only in UK at the moment, maybe they'll be available at a later date?

tested it in this morning AHM, dist is 19.85km, i supposed that is acceptable. But the pacing varys between 5'10 to 5'20. It made me run faster than I thought I would -i guess the upside is a better timing at end.

Tested this morning also at SBR for 10km category.

Functions-wise it's the same as V1 - press and hold for 3 secs to activate sensor detection, once detected press once to start recording, and press and hold for 3 secs to end recording. Detection is faster this time round.

The screen is much easier to see (black digits against light colour background). Still no backlight but think wouldn't pose much of a problem.

Mine recorded 11.36km, which was a bit off, but could be due to me taking short strides with moderate cadence. Went to map out the run, and apparently the distance came up to about 10.45km (give and take the weaving between strolling army boys). So now calibrated according to that.

The run was done using a Nike+ shoe. Will do one with a non-Nike+ shoe (but gotta find a shoe pocket first!) to see whether there's a difference, and do one calibration walk also.

it logged 23.7km for me (i wasn't using a nike+ shoe)

the first 2 km was at 2.07 km

4 km marker was 4.09 and subsequently after that i didn't really bother to check...but it got more inaccurate after that.

Question: Is calibrating a longer distance more accurate? I calibrated using maymyrun abt 700m yesterday...

it logged 23.7km for me (i wasn't using a nike+ shoe)

the first 2 km was at 2.07 km

4 km marker was 4.09 and subsequently after that i didn't really bother to check...but it got more inaccurate after that.

Question: Is calibrating a longer distance more accurate? I calibrated using maymyrun abt 700m yesterday...

As distance increases, I think the error is getting larger..

My wife tried for 2 runs and I think the calibration is off quite badly. Not sure if it is her running style as mine was quite accurate. Will ask her to go stadium and calibrate and try again.