Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sleek00000

Sportypal

so by starting the application does not cost us anything...just leave it on and let ut run until we complete our distance....then choose to upload data straight away or go home then upload...correct?

Yup, and to do that, you will need to end the apps 1st and connect your Wi-Fi, before restarting the apps and upload.

Otherwise GPRS charges will apply if you upload before connecting to a Wi-Fi there; eg. Wireless@SG at Macritchie or ECP.

so by starting the application does not cost us anything...just leave it on and let ut run until we complete our distance....then choose to upload data straight away or go home then upload...correct?

Yup, and to do that, you will need to end the apps 1st and connect your Wi-Fi, before restarting the apps and upload.

Otherwise GPRS charges will apply if you upload before connecting to a Wi-Fi there; eg. Wireless@SG at Macritchie or ECP.

hey..thanks...i'll try it again.. :Batting Eyelashes:

Depends on how far & how long you run, GPS will drain the phone battery so be sure to have a full charge before your run.

Spotted today! :cheers:

tootyful / Yishun

hmm.. someone running near my house. Must go and kaypoh to check it out :Big Grin:

Any idea whether Sportypal works on Samsung Jet via the Java app?

Can give it a try as it works on the Omnia II. Unless the Jet o/s is completely different. Anyway, will test it on the Nokia 6600I shortly to see if it works too.

Can give it a try as it works on the Omnia II. Unless the Jet o/s is completely different. Anyway, will test it on the Nokia 6600I shortly to see if it works too.

Omnia 2 is Winmo device, Jet is some samsung OS.

Maybe I'll try on my friend's Jet 1st...

Omnia 2 is Winmo device, Jet is some samsung OS.

Maybe I'll try on my friend's Jet 1st...

Oh ok. :blushing:

Then the Java platform should be the same for the Nokia too. Keep me posted. :cheers:

Workout maps in Windows Mobile and Java

Some of our users have noticed that they are haven’t been able to view the maps for their newly-made workouts these past few days. This is due to a change in Google’s API that broke compatibility with the Windows Mobile version (this only seems to affect the WM version, be sure to tell us if anything has changed in any of the other versions).

Upgrading to the latest version fixes this.

UPDATE: This also affects the Java version. We’ll let you know when we have an update for that version.

Comparing workouts

Posted August 26, 2009 by SportyPal

Categories: Updates

Tags: sportypal.com

A new feature has been added to the SportyPal website, which allows you to compare two workouts. To use it, simply select two workouts from the workouts list and click the “Compare” button below the list.

Note that you can also compare other users’ workouts using the same method, although you can’t compare their workouts to your own… yet. If you select more than two workouts and click the “Compare” button, only the first two will be compared.

Comparing workouts shows you the similarity between the workouts’ routes (as a percentage, with 100% meaning that the routes match Route match completely, and 0% that they are completely different), a visual comparison of their velocity graphs, and several bars showing the difference in distance, time, speed, pace, calories and climb.

Hi Sleek

questions:

Think the speed reflected on my record is not so correct leh...i am testing out right and have been timing my walk from carpark to office to & fro...the speed showed 15km/h..i cannot be walking tht fast...how to rectify this?

distance is around there (1.2 to 1.5 km) ... :Star:

Hi Sleek

questions:

Think the speed reflected on my record is not so correct leh...i am testing out right and have been timing my walk from carpark to office to & fro...the speed showed 15km/h..i cannot be walking tht fast...how to rectify this?

Think its probably due to the high buildings around which causes the GPS signal to be obstructed at times. So the distance that you lose signal until the next are usually captured as a straight line.

Hi Sleek

questions:

Also do make sure to select the correct workout mode, are you using "walking"?

Hi Sleek

questions:

yes..i selected "walking"...still not accurate...maybe it's CBD area tht's why... :Worried:

Hi Sleek

questions:

yes..i selected "walking"...still not accurate...maybe it's CBD area tht's why... :Worried:

I think this issue could be the signal with the GPS. Really nothing to do with the Sportypal. I have similar problem too, and I usually just ignored it. I have ever started this software and decided to stay put without moving. But somehow, the software shows I'm moving very slowly. So, I figured that it is due to the accuracy of the satellite signals.

Hi Sleek

questions:

I think this issue could be the signal with the GPS. Really nothing to do with the Sportypal. I have similar problem too, and I usually just ignored it. I have ever started this software and decided to stay put without moving. But somehow, the software shows I'm moving very slowly. So, I figured that it is due to the accuracy of the satellite signals.

i see....ok..tks... :Batting Eyelashes:

i'm on WM and have 1.0.7 already. do i still to update?

You already got the latest for WM. :smilie_daumen1:

This for Nokia & the other mobiles that runs on Symbian etc.

:Applause:

Just as i thought ... but couldn't be sure (then). :)

:Applause:

Just as i thought ... but couldn't be sure (then). :)

I also upgraded to 1.0.7. Anyway tried the pace/speed function in running mode yet?