Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sleek00000

Sportypal

Thanks once again Sleek for the explanation, mine can't do that so to play safe I'll just quickly reset if I can't get any GPS lock after a while next time.

Anyway this morning, my Sportpal gps is having one of its quirky days. It plotted an extra distance 450m during my run though I ran the exactly same route as last Friday. But I still love Sportypal. :Big Grin:

Here are the two links for comparison:

Friday: http://www.sportypal.com/Workouts/Details/23566

Today: http://www.sportypal.com/Workouts/Details/25087

Yup, it does look odd. If you like you can actually post the data on the Blog for their comments.

Will do that so that they can have a look into this. Thanks Sleek! :)

For those using WM6, there is an "Enhanced GPS" setting which you guys might want to explore. So far I did not realise such function exist until I discover it by chance. It uses your GPRS (data) to speed up the GPS logging, similiar to Goodle Map. I managed to log on in 10 secs which really surprises me. Will keep on trying for future runs to make sure this function is not a one time wonder.

But do take note that GPRS/data are chargeable under your mobile plan.

Thanks joegoh for the suggestion. For those with data plan might be interested to do this. For me I'll stick to waiting around 30-60secs for the gps to lock on my hp.

:Big Grin:

Tried on my Omnia II. Works when running SportyPal only. But when I tried to switch task to play music, or answer a phone call or sms during run, the application terminates, with an error. Any of you experienced this as well?

Tried on my Omnia II. Works when running SportyPal only. But when I tried to switch task to play music, or answer a phone call or sms during run, the application terminates, with an error. Any of you experienced this as well?

Welcome to the Sportypal users thread! :cheers:

How about a link to your run data on the website? :rolleyes:

Have no issues with answering calls when Sportypal is running on my D810/P3600. So maybe Mechattax can advise you as he also using the Omnia II. :Nerd:

Have no issues with answering calls when Sportypal is running on my D810/P3600. So maybe Mechattax can advise you as he also using the Omnia II. :Nerd:

Hey hi fastlane, good to know you're using SportyPal too.

Like what Sleek has said, I'm using Omnia2 too. But I can't relate to the problems you're facing regarding multi-tasking, since I haven't had anyone smsing or calling me during my runs. But I do remember there was once when I activated SportyPal while cycling and played music concurrently and both worked fine. What I did was to press the Cube after activating SportyPal and from there I activated the Touch Player to play the music.

As of writing this, I have also just ended my experiment regarding the problem you faced about incoming call or sms. I have simulated both by using another hp to call and sms my Omnia2 while running the SoprtyPal program. I was prompted of the incoming call and sms and after replying, I could return to the SportyPal program without a hitch and it was still running fine.

Maybe you would like to switch off and on your hp before trying again. I also discovered by doing this my SportyPal can easily get a gps lock.

Hope you understand my explanation and if you still have any queries, feel free to ask the people here. We will definitely try to answer to the best of our ability.

Hey hi fastlane, good to know you're using SportyPal too.

Like what Sleek has said, I'm using Omnia2 too. But I can't relate to the problems you're facing regarding multi-tasking, since I haven't had anyone smsing or calling me during my runs. But I do remember there was once when I activated SportyPal while cycling and played music concurrently and both worked fine. What I did was to press the Cube after activating SportyPal and from there I activated the Touch Player to play the music.

As of writing this, I have also just ended my experiment regarding the problem you faced about incoming call or sms. I have simulated both by using another hp to call and sms my Omnia2 while running the SoprtyPal program. I was prompted of the incoming call and sms and after replying, I could return to the SportyPal program without a hitch and it was still running fine.

Maybe you would like to switch off and on your hp before trying again. I also discovered by doing this my SportyPal can easily get a gps lock.

Hope you understand my explanation and if you still have any queries, feel free to ask the people here. We will definitely try to answer to the best of our ability.

Thanks for trying to replicate the problem. Good to know that you don't have the same problems I face.

Anyway, I'm planning to reinstall the app and try again this Sun at SBR.

I have also switched from using Touch Player to Windows Media Player as the reponse is faster.

Cheers all.

Hi fastlane,

Perhaps can try to close all other application in the background first using Task Manager. This might free up more memory & prevent problem of phone hang

Hi fastlane,

Perhaps can try to close all other application in the background first using Task Manager. This might free up more memory & prevent problem of phone hang

That was tried as well, and run only the apps I need. Problem was there.

But it's unacceptable because I need the various apps to run simultaneously, or else it would not serve it's purpose.

Thanks.

Hi fastlane,

That was tried as well, and run only the apps I need. Problem was there.

But it's unacceptable because I need the various apps to run simultaneously, or else it would not serve it's purpose.

Thanks.

What other apps are you referring to? Apart from your Music Player, don't think there are any apps running for Phone etc.

Windows Mobile SportyPal 1.0.7

A new update is now online for Windows Mobile users. It is strongly recommended that you upgrade to this version, since you will no longer be able to view your workout maps in the old version.

Here are the changes in this version:

* Fixed the workout maps. This also includes an issue where your network provider would reach Google’s daily static map limit, causing the device to save the “quota exceeded” image instead of the map and never attempt to download the real map. SportyPal will now display an error message if this happens, and the error image will not be saved. It will also look for any such images that have been stored using previous versioSelecting pacens and delete them.

* Added a pace display while running. Running workouts will now display pace (min/km or min/mi) instead of speed (km/h or mph). If you preferred the old view, you can select it above the activity icons in the “New Workout” screen while running is selected (see the screenshot). Note that this option also affects the way you view the running workouts saved in “My Workouts” and “My Records”.

* Attempted to reduce memory usage. This should help users with high resolution devices like the Touch HD. We never experienced memory issues with our high-res devices, so make sure to let us know whether this works for you.

* Added yet another filter for erroneous coordinates.

* Fixed a bug that would cause user’s workouts to be uploaded to a bugged user.

* Hopefully fixed a bug that would cause the workout time to be displayed incorrectly on the website.

* SportyPal will no longer turn the screen off if the device is charging during a workout.

* Fixed a crash that occurred when new users would attempt to save a workout that doesn’t have enough valid points.

* Included several new user-made translations, including Polish, Dutch, Spanish, Bulgarian and Italian.

* SportyPal will no longer ask you to reenter your info when you reinstall the application.

* Fixed the numbers on the workout graph. The values displayed were incorrect if imperial units were selected.

* Fixed a crash that would occur when a user would attempt to push the left button while viewing a workout map.

* Fixed the profile screen so that not entering a value for inches (if the imperial unit system has been selected) will no longer cause an input error. Not entering a value for inches is now equivalent to entering a zero.

* Sped a few things up.

* Removed the “upload successful” message that appears box when you upload a workout immediately after it is finished and replaced it with a self-removing notification (like the rest of the uploads).

* Added a missing colon after “Units” in “My Profile”.

* SportyPal will now translate the “Register” caption that appears during device registration.

Users upgrading directly from version 1.0 should read this note.

Download the new CAB here.

Any problems starting this version once you’ve upgraded? Read this.

Yes and it was so great. Too bad I couldn't do it again.... uploading that is.

I have been scanning the site hoping for some news on N97 so as to put my mind to rest that it is not a compatibility problem.

hi Sleek,

I mean no. I had a couple of workouts ater that. My most recent being this mornign which failed to upload too...

Ok, copied your reply here, maybe someone have the same problem. By the way, is it due to the Wifi or GPRS connection?

Spotted today! :cheers:

spidergal69 / Bukit Batok

hhhaahha..this is my 1st time using SportyPal...was trying out to see whether it works... :Applause:

I brought my 2 kids out for a walk at Bt Batok Nature Reserve and it could capture the whole distance.Great! :Batting Eyelashes:

Questions:

1.am i right to say the only cost for using SportyPal is our GPRS on the mobile phone, right? :Big Grin:

2.how do u find out who in S'pore is using this at what time, what date etc...? :Big Grin:

hhhaahha..this is my 1st time using SportyPal...was trying out to see whether it works... :Applause:

I brought my 2 kids out for a walk at Bt Batok Nature Reserve and it could capture the whole distance.Great! :Batting Eyelashes:

Questions:

1.am i right to say the only cost for using SportyPal is our GPRS on the mobile phone, right? :Big Grin:

2.how do u find out who in S'pore is using this at what time, what date etc...? :Big Grin:

for point (1), using the sportypal software does not really cost money. it is when you attempt to upload your workout details .. then it will cost you the cost of GPRS connection. For this, I save money by not uploading it right after my workout .. instead, i wait till i return home (with WiFi connection) then I upload.

for point (2), maybe sleek has the answer, but if i kaypo ... i will go to the Community button and search. Not too sure how else other than knowing the nick. For example, my nick is "Sgrunnerinhkg" ... you would probably able to see my workouts with this search.

Questions:

Yeah! Welcome! Welcome! :cheers:

1. GPRS charges apply when you do not connect to a Wi-Fi when uploading or your mobile do not have Wi-Fi. Normally after a workout, I will end the apps and will not upload it, until I'm home or at a location with Wi-Fi access. So there's no GPRS charges then.

2. Just go to the Sportypal website and click on the Community tab to view the most recent workouts worldwide. So for SG, just click on the nos. as shown on the world map.

so by starting the application does not cost us anything...just leave it on and let ut run until we complete our distance....then choose to upload data straight away or go home then upload...correct?

so by starting the application does not cost us anything...just leave it on and let ut run until we complete our distance....then choose to upload data straight away or go home then upload...correct?

that's what i do now (but not initially) ... and I can see the saving in my latest phone bill. :)