Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sleek00000

Sportypal

Hi guys, do you mind sharing how do you carry your hp along during your runs?

I have recently installed Sportypal into my Omnia2 and it works great when I tried using it during one of my walks to my tuition place. However I'm not too sure where to place it during runs or cycling rides?

Thank you in advance.

:P

Welcome to the Club! :cheers:

Think most of us will either use a hydration/waist pouch or arm-pouch, whichever will be more comfy for you.

Identified SgRunners List :-

Sleek / Bishan

Joegoh / Sengkang

Reubencht / Commonwealth / Kowloon :Peace:

Benedict / Skopje

PaOwl / Bukit Timah

Weeng / Aljunied

Apteryx / Boat Quay

fatboy1203 / Alexandra

darkstryder

mechattax

Unidentified Sportypal Runners List :-

Adrian / Sengkang

Calvin / Simei

Teingee / Tanjong Rhu

bugs88 / River Valley

Khusni Jumadi / Bukit Timah

Jaron / Hougang

Kit / Bishan

Melvin / Marina Promenade

southernoise / Jurong West

Dariusctc / Marsiling

Vic / ECP

k3lvi17 / Pasir Ris

Hi Sleek,

Thanks for the fast reply. If not for you introducing the software here, i don't think i'll get to know about it. Anyway just another question, if let say i place the hp in a waist pouch, will the gps still work due to the hp being enclosed in the pouch? Or does it need to have a clear view of the sky to get a signal lock?

Really appreciate your reply. Thanks!

:xyzthumbs:

Hi Sleek,

Thanks for the fast reply. If not for you introducing the software here, i don't think i'll get to know about it. Anyway just another question, if let say i place the hp in a waist pouch, will the gps still work due to the hp being enclosed in the pouch? Or does it need to have a clear view of the sky to get a signal lock?

So long as your pouch is not made of lead or metal, then should not be an issue. :Big Grin:

Hi Sleek,

So long as your pouch is not made of lead or metal, then should not be an issue. :Big Grin:

Great! :lol:

Now I can start bringing along my hp with me for future runs.

Thanks Sleek for your replies.

:smilie_daumen1:

Hi,

Had attempted to use application for my run today . Was cool !

Think would need to try a few more times with the same route to check the average, and the variances.

Thanks for all the guidances and tips, which was provided .

You guys rock !

Cool! :cheers:

Wanna share with us your route?

Here it is..

http://www.sportypal.com/Workouts/Details/23193

Hi mechattax,

Welcome to our Sportypal club :Applause:

I am using an Omnia but as per our earlier discussion here, always have problem logging on to GPS signal.

As for wearing it during runs, I have so far use it with arm & waist pouch plus hydration belt. So far no problem but you may want to take note to give your phone a full charge before run. Max distance I ran with sportypal is abt 21km which is abt 2 hrs.

Pls do a review on Omnia II cos I am thinking of upgrading.

Hi,

Think would need to try a few more times with the same route to check the average, and the variances.

You guys rock !

Here it is..

Dude, you have to share it for us to be able to see it....

Here's my poor excuse for a run last weekend. Got bogged down by the dust kicked up by la senza, she's a rocket!!

http://www.sportypal.com/Workouts/Details/20487

Apteryx.

Hi,

You guys rock !

Here it is..

Here's my poor excuse for a run last weekend. Got bogged down by the dust kicked up by la senza, she's a rocket!!

Apteryx.

The privacy tab is set to be viewed by anyone .. strange .. is there another setting which I am suppose to do ?

Hi mechattax,

Welcome to our Sportypal club :Applause:

I am using an Omnia but as per our earlier discussion here, always have problem logging on to GPS signal.

As for wearing it during runs, I have so far use it with arm & waist pouch plus hydration belt. So far no problem but you may want to take note to give your phone a full charge before run. Max distance I ran with sportypal is abt 21km which is abt 2 hrs.

Pls do a review on Omnia II cos I am thinking of upgrading.

Hi joegoh, thanks for your reply. :Big Grin:

Tried for the first time bringing my Omnia2, the younger brother of Omnia, along for this morning's run. Placed it inside my Berocca arm pouch and it worked well. So far, the gps lock is very fast; a few seconds I reckon. The surprising thing is the gps locks faster in Sportypal compared to the agis NavFone gps software they gave. So if I need to use the NavFone, I'll get a lock using Sportypal first. Then when I activate the NavFone, the gps lock will be instantaneous.

I'm totally happy with this Sportypal and Omnia2 and I recommend you to upgrade and join the Omnia2 club. But don't take my word for it. It's better if you try it first.

:Smug:

Hi,

You guys rock !

Here it is..

Apteryx.

The privacy tab is set to be viewed by anyone .. strange .. is there another setting which I am suppose to do ?

Hi darkstryder, under the Workouts interface, there's a Share button. You can adjust the option to include No one, Everyone or My Friends.

Hope this helps.

:)

thanks for the tip, mechattx !

didnt realise the individual item could adjust privacy options too .

Wah sounds like Omnia II is outperforming the older bro. :Applause: Must change liao

Wah sounds like Omnia II is outperforming the older bro. :Applause: Must change liao

Is it? I can't really compare because I've never used an Omnia before. This is my first time using a Windows Mobile hand phone. Anyway regarding the Sportypal, I'm still experimenting with it a lot at different places. Yesterday I tried to use it at Bugis Village but couldn't get any gps lock at all. But when I returned home, initially I still couldn't get any gps lock from my hdb flat. But after I on and off my phone, it gets a lock pretty fast.

Is it? I can't really compare because I've never used an Omnia before. This is my first time using a Windows Mobile hand phone. Anyway regarding the Sportypal, I'm still experimenting with it a lot at different places. Yesterday I tried to use it at Bugis Village but couldn't get any gps lock at all. But when I returned home, initially I still couldn't get any gps lock from my hdb flat. But after I on and off my phone, it gets a lock pretty fast.

Like all devices, the GPS need a free port to activate, so it could be another application had used the free port. Experience that before on the Nav software so usually a restart will clear the port for GPS use.

Like all devices, the GPS need a free port to activate, so it could be another application had used the free port. Experience that before on the Nav software so usually a restart will clear the port for GPS use.

Ic ic. Thanks for the explanation Sleek.

Yup, experienced that again this morning. So will open the Nav software to check and sure enough, it couldn't find a free port. And after a reset, GPS signal was quickly acquired. :cheers:

http://sportypal.com/Workouts/Details/24542

Yup, experienced that again this morning. So will open the Nav software to check and sure enough, it couldn't find a free port. And after a reset, GPS signal was quickly acquired. :cheers:

http://sportypal.com/Workouts/Details/24542

Sleek, care to explain how did you check if there's a free port available through the Nav software? I hope by knowing if a port is not free, I can quickly reset instead of waiting for a long time for the GPS signal to be acquired.

Thank you in advance.

:Big Grin:

Sleek, care to explain how did you check if there's a free port available through the Nav software? I hope by knowing if a port is not free, I can quickly reset instead of waiting for a long time for the GPS signal to be acquired.

Thank you in advance.

Not sure which Nav software you're using, but for mine, it will show on startup the scanning for a free port which is usually Port 9 on my device. So if it unable to detect that Port 9 is available, then it will prompt with the no port message and GPS is not enabled.

Thank you in advance.

Not sure which Nav software you're using, but for mine, it will show on startup the scanning for a free port which is usually Port 9 on my device. So if it unable to detect that Port 9 is available, then it will prompt with the no port message and GPS is not enabled.

Thanks once again Sleek for the explanation, mine can't do that so to play safe I'll just quickly reset if I can't get any GPS lock after a while next time.

Anyway this morning, my Sportpal gps is having one of its quirky days. It plotted an extra distance 450m during my run though I ran the exactly same route as last Friday. But I still love Sportypal. :Big Grin:

Here are the two links for comparison:

Friday: http://www.sportypal.com/Workouts/Details/23566

Today: http://www.sportypal.com/Workouts/Details/25087

Thanks once again Sleek for the explanation, mine can't do that so to play safe I'll just quickly reset if I can't get any GPS lock after a while next time.

Anyway this morning, my Sportpal gps is having one of its quirky days. It plotted an extra distance 450m during my run though I ran the exactly same route as last Friday. But I still love Sportypal. :Big Grin:

Here are the two links for comparison:

Friday: http://www.sportypal.com/Workouts/Details/23566

Today: http://www.sportypal.com/Workouts/Details/25087

Yup, it does look odd. If you like you can actually post the data on the Blog for their comments.

For those using WM6, there is an "Enhanced GPS" setting which you guys might want to explore. So far I did not realise such function exist until I discover it by chance. It uses your GPRS (data) to speed up the GPS logging, similiar to Goodle Map. I managed to log on in 10 secs which really surprises me. Will keep on trying for future runs to make sure this function is not a one time wonder.

But do take note that GPRS/data are chargeable under your mobile plan.