Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sleek00000

Sportypal

Hi Sleek, thanks for the update. By the way your "GPS" signal very strong & surprise you managed to track me down in Sengkang. :Applause:

Hi Sleek, thanks for the update. By the way your "GPS" signal very strong & surprise you managed to track me down in Sengkang. :Applause:

Cos most of your runs are in Sengkang, so should not be to difficult to spot you. :cheers:

haha, I run mostly in Yishun or ECP. I meant the POSB run, your ability to spot me from the hundreds of people there :cheers:

how to upload to the web ar?? Need gprs or internet or wireless??

You will need internet connection, either via GPRS or Wireless.

hi guys, just to say hello and if there're any runners in the Joo Seng/Aljunied area, let me know and maybe we can meet up for a run.

hi guys, just to say hello and if there're any runners in the Joo Seng/Aljunied area, let me know and maybe we can meet up for a run.

Welcome!Welcome! :cheers:

Come join our ECP Nite & Bishanners Runs as there are quite a few of us staying around the neighbourhood too.

Think I'd spotted an SgRunner. :Thinking:

Apteryx / Boat Quay

'Tis true. was me...

Tested SportyPal on my HTC TytnII. Worked ok, picked up GPS is a reasonable time and gave good results. One issue I had was my phone started going into hybernation-mode after one a couple of seconds when running SportyPal. I changed the setting on the control panel of the phone and it seemed to get better.

The GPS accuracy improves only after you've been moving for a little while. As you can see, I'm an obvious incarnation of Jesus himself and took a shortcut by walking on water on the way to the bus stop... ha ha

The application seems good. Next test is to compare with output from a Garmin 405. I'll do this tonight during a short run and compare results.

SportyPal give a great first impression and is easy to use. Uploaded quite quickly from the phone and didn't take too much battery power.

I did take a photo though, but can't see it anywhere. :Big Grin:

Apteryx.

Looks like maybe I should buy a HTC instead. My Omnia always give me problem with GPS logging. :Big Grin: Omnia II just been released, another option for me too.

Looks like maybe I should buy a HTC instead. My Omnia always give me problem with GPS logging. :Big Grin: Omnia II just been released, another option for me too.

i used samsung i780 (and iphone), with the upgrade of software to 1.0.4 ... i have lesser problem and able to log onto the GPS signal rather quickly. I know GPS signal is not something the software could control ... but somehow, for me, i feel so.

I have upgraded to version 1.0.6 but never see any significant difference.

even with my "better" experience now ... as far as GPS signal goes, maybe the brand of HP that we are using really suck! It is so apparent as i have my fruit-brand phone side by side for comparison.

overall, i think this software is great .... even though it may show we can "walk on water" (like Apteryx) or for me to zap around Kowloon like Flash. to me, I find this software more friendly (with lesser technical failures) than imapmyrun or runkeeper (both of which are also on my fruit-brand HP).

Been seriously considering the 3GS 32GB version, but again Omnia II also come out the 32GB. :Confused:

Identified SgRunners List :-

Sleek / Bishan

Joegoh / Sengkang

Reubencht / Commonwealth / Kowloon :Peace:

Benedict / Skopje

PaOwl / Bukit Timah

Weeng / Aljunied

Apteryx / Boat Quay

fatboy1203 / Alexandra

Unidentified Sportypal Runners List :-

Adrian / Sengkang

Calvin / Simei

Teingee / Tanjong Rhu

bugs88 / River Valley

Khusni Jumadi / Bukit Timah

Jaron / Hougang

Kit / Bishan

Melvin / Marina Promenade

Hi,

Had attempted to use application for my run today . Was cool !

Think would need to try a few more times with the same route to check the average, and the variances.

Thanks for all the guidances and tips, which was provided .

You guys rock !

Hi,

Had attempted to use application for my run today . Was cool !

Think would need to try a few more times with the same route to check the average, and the variances.

Thanks for all the guidances and tips, which was provided .

You guys rock !

Cool! :cheers:

Wanna share with us your route?

Hi guys, do you mind sharing how do you carry your hp along during your runs?

I have recently installed Sportypal into my Omnia2 and it works great when I tried using it during one of my walks to my tuition place. However I'm not too sure where to place it during runs or cycling rides?

Thank you in advance.

:P