Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

weslwh

Beijing Marathon

i would like to know from anyone who has done this race before if it is a fast course - i would like to try for pb later this year.

also i read somewhere else that there is no timing mat at the start, is that true?

Beijing marathon same organizer as KL marathon 09, last year, finishers had to Q 1+ hour to get their time certification and many did not received finisher medal cause it ran out.

The route itself is quite a fast course, go check out the startline first.

On race day, roads closure and have to walk long way to get into the start area.

Beijing marathon same organizer as KL marathon 09, last year, finishers had to Q 1+ hour to get their time certification and many did not received finisher medal cause it ran out.

On race day, roads closure and have to walk long way to get into the start area.

Same organiser as the KL Marathon? That probably explains the lack of water points at KL. I've not taken part in the Beijing Marathon before but someone who did a few years ago told me about the absence of water points in Beijing.

Hi. Anyone is going to Beijing Marathon, 2009?

I am interested to do it, I need someone to accompany me and share the hotel accomodation, please pm me.

Please read more detail as per Beijing Marathon 2009 website link:

http://www.beijing-marathon.com/SignupType.aspx?Event=4

Remarks: There are time limit for the marathon in order you can get the finishng medal, finishing tee and finishing certificate.

Same organiser as the KL Marathon? That probably explains the lack of water points at KL. I've not taken part in the Beijing Marathon before but someone who did a few years ago told me about the absence of water points in Beijing.

No, they are not the same organiser.

Kuala Lumpur - Octgaon is the main organiser.

whereas, Beijing - Octagaon is the race promoter and China Athletics Association(CAA) is the main organiser.

My international friends told me - "Beijing is the host city of the 2008 Olympics, whose theme is "Green Olympics, High-tech Olympics, People's Olympics".

It is mean that a lot of improvement have done in 2008.... why not give yourself a try and experience it. Who know a double thumbs-up for this coming 2009 marathon events.

Regarding the water points, every 5km there are water points to mark the distances....altogether 10 waterpoints

Toilets are available at the jump-off point and the terminal station. And there is a toilet every 10 kilometers along the running course.

Hope to see you all there in Beijing. :cheers:

No, they are not the same organiser.

Kuala Lumpur - Octgaon is the main organiser.

whereas, Beijing - Octagaon is the race promoter and China Athletics Association(CAA) is the main organiser.

My international friends told me - "Beijing is the host city of the 2008 Olympics, whose theme is "Green Olympics, High-tech Olympics, People's Olympics".

It is mean that a lot of improvement have done in 2008.... why not give yourself a try and experience it. Who know a double thumbs-up for this coming 2009 marathon events.

Regarding the water points, every 5km there are water points to mark the distances....altogether 10 waterpoints

Toilets are available at the jump-off point and the terminal station. And there is a toilet every 10 kilometers along the running course.

Hope to see you all there in Beijing. :cheers:

Wah, Beijing pay you to promote their marathon!!!(Joking lah)

I'm going for this one. everything's booked.

I don't know what you heard for this marathon, but do not set your expectation too high to avoid disappointment.

Wah, Beijing pay you to promote their marathon!!!(Joking lah)

I'm going for this one. everything's booked.

I don't know what you heard for this marathon, but do not set your expectation too high to avoid disappointment.

Hi.Aquilon.

Beijing International Marathon is one of my 2009 resolution.

I am a very simple guy, I don't have any expectation, I just want to complete my race within their time frame....it is not easy...

On line registration still haven't open, how do you registered? U registered thru CITS?

Are you going alone? or with friends? Which Airline?

I hope you don't mind answer my questions. thanks.

Thanks Aquiton for the reply.

Thanks Ripley threaded to BIM 2007. I read it and find it very interesting. Race event overall rating 8/10...it is very good. Should go to experience.

Thanks Ripley threaded to BIM 2007. I read it and find it very interesting. Race event overall rating 8/10...it is very good. Should go to experience.

For your info, Beijing start online registration end of Jul US$60 (early bird) for oversea runner.

For your info, Beijing start online registration end of Jul US$60 (early bird) for oversea runner.

Wonder how you registered for the race? Online? Confused with the payment mode.

You may reg online and then transfer the money to their bank account. For oversea runner need to pay USD60(reg) + USD14.7 as the deposite for time chip, total USD 74.70. Or you may pay in RMB 511(early bird price, before 15 Sep)

After the race you may get back your deposite in RMB100 when you return the chip.

You may reg online and then transfer the money to their bank account. For oversea runner need to pay USD60(reg) + USD14.7 as the deposite for time chip, total USD 74.70. Or you may pay in RMB 511(early bird price, before 15 Sep)

After the race you may get back your deposite in RMB100 when you return the chip.

it's seem like i need to contact CITIS on registration ... the online registration does not have any paypal service?

So, would you be going? I may contact the agent and go for their package if there is no kaki going there.

how's the air there?

i've running around HKG. Can't comment the air is better or worst than BJ ... afterall, me only below-average runner and unlike the so-called elite, the air condition is not going to affect my performance ... finishing 6:00 or 6:30 is hardly any difference to me. haha.

i have sensitive ENT, that's why i am asking....

it's seem like i need to contact CITIS on registration ... the online registration does not have any paypal service?

So, would you be going? I may contact the agent and go for their package if there is no kaki going there.

how's the air there?

i've running around HKG. Can't comment the air is better or worst than BJ ... afterall, me only below-average runner and unlike the so-called elite, the air condition is not going to affect my performance ... finishing 6:00 or 6:30 is hardly any difference to me. haha.

I reg liao. I heard other Singapore runners also reg liao. Check out the Mas has a promotion flying there at S$388.

I reg liao. I heard other Singapore runners also reg liao. Check out the Mas has a promotion flying there at S$388.

if and when/after i signed up, i'm likely to go up there from HKG ... but may try to stay in the same location and meet up with fellow sgrunners prior/after the race.

now, need to find out how to register.

Gotten my E-ticket liao, race pack pick up 14-17 Oct, The National Olympic Sports Center, East Gate.

Gotten my E-ticket liao, race pack pick up 14-17 Oct, The National Olympic Sports Center, East Gate.

Aquilon,

How many sgrunners.com members are participating this BIM 2009?

What flight are you flying to Beijing? :)

Aquilon,

How many sgrunners.com members are participating this BIM 2009?

What flight are you flying to Beijing? :)

I'm traveling with CX, cause I'lll return from Shanghai after the Hanzhou marathon. I know MH is offering S$378 for SIN-Beijing.

Runner list not out yet, so no idea how many runners from Sin.

I'm traveling with CX, cause I'lll return from Shanghai after the Hanzhou marathon. I know MH is offering S$378 for SIN-Beijing.

You can start a list here like the list in SAFRA BAY RUN+AHM 2009 forum so you know who is participating.

I am still not yet register, I m considering my budget, partner to share accomodation, and also, within a month, running 2 International Marathon....quite costly.

For your info, I m still running BIM 2009....but in Malaysia. hehe. :tongue_smilie:

You can start a list here like the list in SAFRA BAY RUN+AHM 2009 forum so you know who is participating.

I am still not yet register, I m considering my budget, partner to share accomodation, and also, within a month, running 2 International Marathon....quite costly.

For your info, I m still running BIM 2009....but in Malaysia. hehe. :tongue_smilie:

Haha. Borneo could be fun too. Am thinking of this one next year.

do you know what's the arrangement for pick-up for overseas runners?