Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kclee

RESISTANCE BAND

22 posts in this topic

Hi all

I know this is strictly not a running related gear but does anyone know where i can buy those exercise resistance band used for strengthening of upper bodies muscles?

Thanks

Hi all

I know this is strictly not a running related gear but does anyone know where i can buy those exercise resistance band used for strengthening of upper bodies muscles?

Thanks

Hang Seng Sports.

Hi all

Thanks

if use correctly, it can strengthen lower limb muscle too.

Aibi stores and in Velocity

Resistance band has many types but then, it is quite hard to find a highly resistant band (not very elastic).

use 2 at the same time?

I use the light blue band and for resistance tube (the one with handle), i use the one around 0.5 inch in diameter. OK for me .. maybe i got small muscles to start with. :Silly:

Resistance band has many types but then, it is quite hard to find a highly resistant band (not very elastic).

use 2 at the same time?

I use the light blue band and for resistance tube (the one with handle), i use the one around 0.5 inch in diameter. OK for me .. maybe i got small muscles to start with. :Silly:

Possible but maybe it doesn't help too much.

making the elastic band shorter.. makes it more resistant..

i dun mean to cut it.. but find a way to make it shorter... by stepping on it.. etc..

different colour different resistance... i have some from my physio therapy sessions and in the end i end up combining some for more resistance... quite useful for rehab.

i dun mean to cut it.. but find a way to make it shorter... by stepping on it.. etc..

Shorter does not help to reduce elasticity I think so..

huh?? need to re-arrange the sentence??

huh?? need to re-arrange the sentence??

Smaller lengths does not mean decreasing elasticity..

er...

so u mean... if the length shorter... there is no lost in elasticity...

ya lor..... the resistance is greater...

er...

so u mean... if the length shorter... there is no lost in elasticity...

ya lor..... the resistance is greater...

Yes the meaning is there..

hi all,

I'm looking for Bodylastics resistance bands. Anyone know if they are selling it in Singapore?

My requirements for resistance bands are:

1) with handles (some on the market is just the stretch material only)

2) varying resistance

3) able to have a hook / door-jam system that can be used in the comfort of the home

So far, bodylastics seem to satisfy all these -- based on what its website shows, at least -- and I'm keen on getting one. Have e-mailed the company to ask how I can get it (since it only ships to the US, Canada, UK and Europe), but no reply as yet. Anyone with lobang who knows if any private distributor is selling it here in Singapore, pls holler, k! :)

Thank you! ^_^

hi all,

I'm looking for Bodylastics resistance bands. Anyone know if they are selling it in Singapore?

My requirements for resistance bands are:

1) with handles (some on the market is just the stretch material only)

2) varying resistance

3) able to have a hook / door-jam system that can be used in the comfort of the home

So far, bodylastics seem to satisfy all these -- based on what its website shows, at least -- and I'm keen on getting one. Have e-mailed the company to ask how I can get it (since it only ships to the US, Canada, UK and Europe), but no reply as yet. Anyone with lobang who knows if any private distributor is selling it here in Singapore, pls holler, k! :)

Thank you! ^_^

WOS sells them. You can go and have a look, but they do not look very good for training muscle strength.

WOS sells them. You can go and have a look, but they do not look very good for training muscle strength.

Hi, thank you for the reply!

Do you mean the Bodylastics-brand resistance bands, or just resistance bands in general?

I actually went to World of Sports (Tampines One's branch) yesterday, and they had this VGO brand ($35.90), but the bands (3 bands in a pack) seemed short for my liking. While they had handles, the set does not have any hook/door-jam system too. I don't think it is versatile enough for me to hook it to the door and do various pulls.

Hi, thank you for the reply!

Do you mean the Bodylastics-brand resistance bands, or just resistance bands in general?

I actually went to World of Sports (Tampines One's branch) yesterday, and they had this VGO brand ($35.90), but the bands (3 bands in a pack) seemed short for my liking. While they had handles, the set does not have any hook/door-jam system too. I don't think it is versatile enough for me to hook it to the door and do various pulls.

In general. WOS sells only Vgo brand only. Some Sports Connection stores do sell but I can't recall the brands - very unfamiliar and unheard of.

i went around queensway.. and found a few different resistance band...

got nike ( 3rd floor, sportlink) , rebook (1st floor behind the converse shop), and a few others that have no handle

Spri Products (www.spriproducts.com) is a very highly recommended brand. It comes in varying strengths and has handles plus a door attachment.