Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JustDoIt

Ankle Socks or Normal socks?

Who wears Ankle socks or normal socks  

263 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just bought a pair of socks that has a 2 year guarantee www.x-socks.com

So if I get a hole in it - apparently can get a new pair! Just trying now....

wow!

any picture or photo of the "can run as fast as Dreamrunner for the first 10secs" socks? - <span style='color:red'>definitely too exeggerated liao </span>

The Ultimax Triathlon mini-crew socks

Once in the site, select Ultimax/Products/Cateogy/Ironman/Running mini crew.

this sock?

this one!

I've used THIS too...not bad, but I still prefer the above

Just bought a pair of socks that has a 2 year guarantee www.x-socks.com

So if I get a hole in it - apparently can get a new pair! Just trying now....

That's what I like about UK or USA......the guarantee!

any picture or photo of the "can run as fast as Dreamrunner for the first 10secs" socks? - <span style='color:red'>definitely too exeggerated liao </span>

this sock?

this one!

The one I bought (Falke) which OP told me that it costs around Euro 8.00. Singapore is selling it nearly S$30/pair?

my pair of socks cost $30.....that's why only bought one pair and gonna run and run and run with them for the next 2 years!!!! any wearing or holes - see if they will honor their guarantee!

my pair of socks cost $30.....that's why only bought one pair and gonna run and run and run with them for the next 2 years!!!! any wearing or holes - see if they will honor their guarantee!

Did you order from the website?

this sock?

this one!

Looks cute haha. Did you buy it online?

not sure about cute, but they wear well, and are cooling with the right cushion (for me at least)...

bought them at Running Lab (about $12-$15 per pair, cannot remember the price)...

buy one of each and try them out :)

Did you order from the website?

Well after trying all their Asics shoes and spending time with the shop assistant.....felt I should buy something. So I bought a pair of running socks!! :blushing:

not sure about cute, but they wear well, and are cooling with the right cushion (for me at least)...

bought them at Running Lab (about $12-$15 per pair, cannot remember the price)...

OK! :Big Grin:

Wow...you should get it in UK...cheaper right? I would only use it for the actual run....if it is the normal training need not be too expensive but of decent quality will do. In am using ironman to train.

Hahaha...CUTE? This brings me to a topic that I over heard this morning about latest generation Japanese guys (age 15-25 years old) are making up for cute look and some may spent US$80/day (including saloon) for that purpose? The he-man look is no longer the latest trend in Japan? Man......

Wow...you should get it in UK...cheaper right? I would only use it for the actual run....if it is the normal training need not be too expensive but of decent quality will do. In am using ironman to train.

In the UK - no way man - what's the exchange rate?

Hahaha...CUTE? This brings me to a topic that I over heard this morning about latest generation Japanese guys (age 15-25 years old) are making up for cute look and some may spent US$80/day (including saloon) for that purpose? The he-man look is no longer the latest trend in Japan? Man......

Would like to iterate.....CUTE??? Where got socks that are cute? <scratch my head>

...and Uncle UM - what's the Man trend?

I cant seem to decide what socks to where always for runs.. Always choose ankle socks coz they look better as the comfort of socks doesnt really bother me...

I cant seem to decide what socks to where always for runs.. Always choose ankle socks coz they look better as the comfort of socks doesnt really bother me...

I beliefe it's just personal preference.

Would like to iterate.....CUTE??? Where got socks that are cute? <scratch my head>

cute = sock with puffy balls !!!

Recently been on a running sock shopping spree......bought Asics socks and Nike socks (10-12 USD each).....seem all the same really - gonna have to try them in Spore. The x-sock still seems the best out of all of them.

Someone has suggested marino wool socks??? Suggested it is better than the polyester.

i'm using thorlo running socks, really appreciate the extra fluff for cushioning.

friend in the US bought the normal ones for me cos the ankle lenghts weren't on sale

Someone has suggested marino wool socks??? Suggested it is better than the polyester.

I would suggest not in Singapore. Wool wicks perspiration away from your body/feet. The synthetic materials are made to do that too. However, wool is also a very good insulator -- great for winter socks/winter wear. So I'd say that it isn't really appropriate for running in our weather.

any1 got any running socks to recommend ??? i m currently using some school socks/ ankle socks .....but i believe a sock made for runnign etc will do wonders ?

I use my NEw balance running socks. Quite comfortable and wicks the sweat and heat away... REally good!

I use my NEw balance running socks. Quite comfortable and wicks the sweat and heat away... REally good!

is the sock abit stretchable for you to wriggle ur toes ???? i hav a habit of wriggling my toes... so i always get big shoes

is the sock abit stretchable for you to wriggle ur toes ???? i hav a habit of wriggling my toes... so i always get big shoes

actually, shoes with proper fit should already allow you to wiggle your toes.

Have you tried Injinji? I use the mini-crew. Works well. I used to have blister on my toes after 15km. After using the Injinji, I don't have that problem anymore. I also have wrightsock. I used it last time for 22.5km, end up with a blister on my small toe. I also have the Thorlo, doesn't like it. It feels sliding around inside the shoe.

I think sock compatibility is personal. After trying different socks, I am currently sticking with Injinji.