Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JustDoIt

Ankle Socks or Normal socks?

Who wears Ankle socks or normal socks  

263 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

ANKLE SOCKS,they feel good and they don't make u look trendy or hip(good for the vets...hehehe).

ankle socks... they protect the same as what normal socks do... the less material gives it more ventilation, and best of all, collects less sweat... i can feel the difference when i run at distance >10km.

ankle socks... they protect the same as what normal socks do... the less material gives it more ventilation, and best of all, collects less sweat... i can feel the difference when i run at distance >10km.

Agreed fully. There are also the blister free socks.

Cheers.

Me no wear socks. Habit since my triathlon days. Lucky never get blisters.

I am not too sure whether it will work on marathon. But I have ever seen an Indian runner running bear footed on marathon, 1 in thousand.

Cheers.

anyone knows where to get good+cheap+branded socks?  :P

last time i bought nike socks in bulk (6 pairs) think around $30

can't seem to find socks at this kind of price now...

the SAF ones? they're rumoured to be manufactured by NB?

i prefer ankle socks. y? i dunno y.

perhaps it comes in more funky colours, more patterns, more varieties, more choices. n no need to be branded?

Ha ha... actually for me... no diff..... if I wear normal socks... I also fold down to my ankel.... ha ha ha..... :P

Knee length socks! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Wear singlet, shorts, fencing socks (up to knee) and running shoes

FWAH! Look damn cool  :D  :D  :D

*glurp*..... fashion statement? or running attire? :blink:

Knee length socks! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Wear singlet, shorts, fencing socks (up to knee) and running shoes

FWAH! Look damn cool  :D  :D  :D

serious ah? :unsure:

With my new bruised toe problem, I am looking to try out toe socks to see if it helps prevent abrasion....got to wait for my briuised toe to get better first ;)

With my new bruised toe problem, I am looking to try out toe socks to see if it helps prevent abrasion....got to wait for my briuised toe to get better first  ;)

have you bought the toe socks?

With my new bruised toe problem, I am looking to try out toe socks to see if it helps prevent abrasion....got to wait for my briuised toe to get better first  ;)

I tried on a pair of my wife's but I find it too thick, when I have to wear another pair of running socks over...

I think there aren't any toe-socks made for running ie. with cushioned soles?

I tried on a pair of my wife's but I find it too thick, when I have to wear another pair of running socks over...

hmmm... my toe socks are the normal kind... so far have not seen cushioned soles toe-socks... i am looking around too...

i can't believe a few pairs of my thick socks expand and they are not exactly cheap... now there are excess material which i have to squeeze into my shoes.. :P

Dream,

u can find Mizuno toe sock in WOS Jurong Pt(2nd flr). ~$9+ b4 discount..

Cheers...

Dream,

u can find Mizuno toe sock in WOS Jurong Pt(2nd flr).  ~$9+ b4 discount..

Cheers...

runalone,

thanks for the lobang. I saw u wearing toe-socks at our last run....izzit mizuno too? :)

Thats is the one ...

fyi... i sapu all(about half a dozen) on display early this year....hehehe...

Cheers..

Cheers..

Runalone...Nice meeting u yesterday...i din realise Freddy was U until dream told me at Dinner time...look forward to tailgate U..U r very fast!! :hail: Dream,...sapo one pair of Mizuno toe sock for me (to fit US size8) if u r going there to get it! tks..

Cheers..

Runalone...Nice meeting u yesterday...i din realise Freddy was U until dream told me at Dinner time...look forward to tailgate U..U r very fast!! :hail: Dream,...sapo one pair of Mizuno toe sock for me (to fit US size8) if u r going there to get it! tks..

ok DO, will keep a lookout...not sure when I will be visiting WOS...too many other shops I wanted to go, but haven't yet :lol:

Cheers..

DO,

nice meeting u 2... saw yr postings in sgrunners and mr25, but only met in person last night.... u're very energetic...

Cheers...

i can't help but saying that the best socks that i've worn so far is the Wright Socks... check out the url below... basically, the socks have 2 layers of material... so if there's abrasion, its the material rubbing each other instead of against your feet... :smilie_daumen1:

http://www.runnersgear.com/page/R/CTGY/WSC

i bought it at the philadelphia marathon expo last nov and i wore it for the marathon the next day... (i shouldn't be doing that, i.e. to try new stuff on the actual run) and it was great!!! no blisters, no black toes, no abraison of any sorts... it's like i've found a heaven for my feet... :lol:

are they sold locally?

i can't help but saying that the best socks that i've worn so far is the Wright Socks... check out the url below... basically, the socks have 2 layers of material... so if there's abrasion, its the material rubbing each other instead of against your feet...  :smilie_daumen1:

http://www.runnersgear.com/page/R/CTGY/WSC

i bought it at the philadelphia marathon expo last nov and i wore it for the marathon the next day... (i shouldn't be doing that, i.e. to try new stuff on the actual run) and it was great!!! no blisters, no black toes, no abraison of any sorts... it's like i've found a heaven for my feet...  :lol: