Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ActiveLifestyleDude

.: Jurong Runners - "Keep It Going!" :.

hey guyz,

the Jurong Runners is doing revamping. the site + logo.

we maybe small but let us share our experience and build this Jurong Runners together....ya?

anyhow, if you guyz wanna meet for starbucks or coffeebean @ Jurong Point after work or run, let me know.

we can discuss on which running events we need a 1 way ride.

Jurong Runners is more cater to noob,newbies to intermediate (leisure).

we will train together.

let plan a meet up plan asap.

choose any slot on weekdays => Mon or wed? 8pm? this week?

hope to hear from you guyz!

cheers!

hey guyz,

sorry for the super long hiatus...been busy..lol..now after change career...more free

so our weekdays nite run is wednesday nite stadium (newbies-noob=6-10 rounds)(advanced 3 rounds + ntu)

starting this wed nite; stadium @ 7.30pm. warm up 1st then start. let's target 12 rounds = 5km for this (intermediate-advanced) (beginner 7 rounds) (newbies 6 rounds).

weekend morning sat varies from jurong central park - lakepark - jurong central park.

feel free to suggest/recommend

mght providing one way bus to those taking ahm21km (army half marathon) - 13 seater

and possible the Mizuno Mount Faber Run 10km.

do consider join this club thru' ==> jr65.weebly.com or else pm me or contact me 82318071

cheers!

Pioneer Run is coming up organised by the Pioneer CSC.

i am joining the AHM 21km. u joining?

i went to join up as volunteer for Pioneer Run.

haha

Hello!

My name is Denmark. I am an avid runner living in the Philippines and am currently looking for a training club/group to run with. I'm going to be in Singapore for a few days (19 days to be exact) to have a vacation with my brother and his fiancé who are currently living and working in Singapore which is why I would like to undergo training while having a vacation at the same time. Researching online, I have come to have an interest with your group and would really like to join if given a chance. If given your kind consideration, I will be flexible enough to adapt to your training schedules and cope up to your different challenges. I'd also like to experience training with elites if there is anyone you can refer to me that would offer their time. I know 19 days (or might be shorter) may not be enough for improvement but for me, it will mean a lot because maximizing my time and stay in Singapore is a big opportunity for me.

With regards to my running background, I can clock a 5k run within 21-22 mins, 55 mins for a 12k, and 1 hr and 40-50 mins for a 21k.

I have also experience in running a 50k ultramarathon.

I will be in Singapore on November 25 until December 14 and I’m really hoping that you will help me with this humble endeavor of mine.

- Denmark

Hey Denmark,

Fret not, for us is more leisure kind. Everyone here welcome you no matter which country or race u are from. :)

For your case, you might wanna check out MR25? And also do check locations wise too, so you wont get lost. :)

Hope to hear from you.

Cheers! :)

Thank you for your information ActiveLifestyleDude... :)

I'm mapping out the routes and schedules with other groups so that I may join them.

November 25 is fast approaching and I'm really excited! :D

Hope I could see you and other members here for some casual running. :)

HI ActiveLifestyleDude,

I always run at Bukit Batok, nice knowing this club. Hope you guys grow bigger and bigger!

hey guyz,

thanks for ya reply.

yeah..hope to revive Jurong Runners...feedback and suggestion needed from you guyz.. Hope you guyz dont mind if the group is small at the moment.

Been training and goin' runs alone...so emo and boring run alone.

But there are a lot of runners and joggers in Jurong west stadium and pioneer areas. You will see me run twice a week on weekdays evening @ JW Stadium/NTU.

Wished to know you guyz. Do come forward ya? Jurong Runners is a non-profit club in the west. I don't earn any money. Wanna know more brothers and sisters out there in jurong :)

Wished all the best for those running SCM this sun. I missed it this year and kinda emo goin' alone. Dont worry bout the weather, it will defintely be sunny. Stay hydrated and keep on going and do not stop. Breathe in and out. Jia Yu!!!

Hope to meet you guyz soon!

Cheers!

Hey guys,

If u are going for Hong bao run this Sunday, let's meet up!

Registered for Terry Fox Run This Sunday & 2XU Run Too! Missed Safari Run!

How often u guys train? Morning or evening preferred? If morning sat is best. If evening, weekday nite is best.

My training is weekday nitez alternate jurong west stadium or NTU. Weekend sat can be jurong central park to chinese garden to lakepark to jurong central park. Or jurong central park to lake park to jurong central park.

Doin' my best to revive this non profit club. I cant do this alone ha..ha..

Im at bukit batok...

For anyone who wish to find a pacer or improve their timing, you can contact me for a run. Can show you my training routes. I normally run on weekends evening 5 plus. Normally run around 9km-12km each on sat and sun. Just a leisure training run nia but i can surely help you improve your timing. Im at a pace of around 4min 45sec / km, anyone interested can contact me thanks.

Hi, just new in here...I stay around Taman Jurong...so my run mostly is at Lakeside chinese garden.weekday 1- 3- 5 after 7pm and weekend either sunday or sat.