Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sling Runner

2XU apparels

Interesting topic to discuss. IMO shredding timing for your races depend mainly on how well prepared are you train for that particular race. It's all about hardwork and commitment. The effect of ergogenic aid like compression apparel is subjective... Nothing works for all. Some do well with it some don't. My argument here is it's good to have but not a must, specific and good training and resting are still more important in sport performance. There is no short cut if you want to do well. Therefore don't over rely.

Just want to clarify something, I don't think I have ever seen compression tights being marketed as a product which can immediately help you shave seconds off your timings. It is not a substitute for good solid training.

It is marketed as a product which can aid recovery and reduce fatigue, which in turns allows a person to train harder and more often. It is not a meant to be a "short cut" in any way.

If the compression tights can directly shave off timing, then the top runners will all wear it le haha. I myself own 2 pairs (Skins and 2XU) and find that it helps in delaying fatigue and the tendency to cramp is much lower in long runs. As for how fast and how able to run longer distance, its still up to your own training. Although the tights might help in recovering faster and able to train more frequently, nothing beats proper training plans, nutrition and warming up/stretching.

So in short, its a good to have thing, but you won't be disadvantaged if you don't.

http://www.2xu.com/compression/benefits.html

looking at this website, it looks like this compression tights can do wonder ... can do almost everything except helping someone to fly, literally. :Tounge:

however, a lot of these topics are self-claimed by the manufacturer and all the data on the before-after chart for comparing improvement/recovery etc are taken from very small sample size. Read carefully the claim and you would figure that it is mere perception. Not really that scientifically proven for sure.

Will it be another phiten for me? do i really need to spend my hard-earned money then I can find out the benefit (or the lack of it)? :Confused:

maybe all sgrunners in this forum that have tried this product can chip in and express how they feel about it. Good, bad, ugly, or simply indifferent (don't feel the benefit, etc).

Disclaimer - I don't work for this brand or any of its competitor.

For me, I own a pair of 2XU tights (up to knee length) and I do feel a bit in the difference that the shorts and my skin are as one system together, unlike wearing baggy shorts. For timing wise, I think I just ran a bit faster but it should be all in the mind, right? :)

Hi jus got myself a pair of 2xu elite long compression tights, found it very difficult for my feet to go through the small opening at the ankle part. Any tips on wearing? Lol

Interesting topic to discuss. IMO shredding timing for your races depend mainly on how well prepared are you train for that particular race. It's all about hardwork and commitment. The effect of ergogenic aid like compression apparel is subjective... Nothing works for all. Some do well with it some don't. My argument here is it's good to have but not a must, specific and good training and resting are still more important in sport performance. There is no short cut if you want to do well. Therefore don't over rely.

Just want to clarify something, I don't think I have ever seen compression tights being marketed as a product which can immediately help you shave seconds off your timings. It is not a substitute for good solid training.

It is marketed as a product which can aid recovery and reduce fatigue, which in turns allows a person to train harder and more often. It is not a meant to be a "short cut" in any way.

There are numerous independent research done and most show that it aid in recovery. U can surf free journal site, eg jssm.org ... sample journal includes http://www.jssm.org/vol5/n1/12/v5n1-12abst.php ...... It reduce soreness after exercise.

Compressing the muscle is 1st use as injuries recovery > RICE (rest, ice, compress, elevate)...

Most of the research done, the subjects wore the compression garments After exercise and not during exercise. So to get the most out of the garment, wear it to sleep.....:)

This topic can be related to the swimmers wearing those supersuits that helped them to broke numerous records. The facts that 2XU apparels may be partially true, but please do not believe fully as ultimately, with training you will then see the results. Otherwise, the apparels are just pieces of fabrics.

There are numerous independent research done and most show that it aid in recovery. U can surf free journal site, eg jssm.org ... sample journal includes http://www.jssm.org/vol5/n1/12/v5n1-12abst.php ...... It reduce soreness after exercise.

Compressing the muscle is 1st use as injuries recovery > RICE (rest, ice, compress, elevate)...

Most of the research done, the subjects wore the compression garments After exercise and not during exercise. So to get the most out of the garment, wear it to sleep.....:)

Just had a thought. Since compression assists in recovery, get a pair of ultra skinny jeans and wear to sleep, confirmed tight and shorten recovery time;) Joking hor..

I do own a pair of 2XU, I feel it does sort of assist during runs but compression feels minimum. Partly due to fabic being thin..

This topic can be related to the swimmers wearing those supersuits that helped them to broke numerous records. The facts that 2XU apparels may be partially true, but please do not believe fully as ultimately, with training you will then see the results. Otherwise, the apparels are just pieces of fabrics.

it is not exactly the same comparison with the space-age swim suit. for the swim suit, it aids bouncy and improves speed in turn.

with compression tight, it is not going to cut thru wind resistance to cut down run time by 30 min ... or even 3 min.

in addition, the exertion and duration of the swim events may only correspond to a sprint event in the leg race. nothing in the swim event has so far come close to the endurance level of a 42km marathon by feet. .... IMO.

Hi jus got myself a pair of 2xu elite long compression tights, found it very difficult for my feet to go through the small opening at the ankle part. Any tips on wearing? Lol

I don't own a compression tight. But I guess it's similar to wearing the wetsuit. Try this:

Put your foot into a plastic bag before putting it into your tights. Should work wonders.

I don't own a compression tight. But I guess it's similar to wearing the wetsuit. Try this:

Put your foot into a plastic bag before putting it into your tights. Should work wonders.

Wooo Thx! Will try it out.

Compression apparel is not steroids, it just an gadget to aid the masses in training....

For something to work to its greatest potential you have to believe it dos work isnt it?

The great Placebo effect.... :LMAO:

Compression apparel is not steroids, it just an gadget to aid the masses in training....

For something to work to its greatest potential you have to believe it dos work isnt it?

The great Placebo effect.... :LMAO:

"Placebo effect"....are you in the medical science?

Anyway, I agreed....it is a "placebo effect", wearing tight can improve the speed of running can influence so many forumers here.

Other than reducing fatigue and keeping injuries at check, does compression tights really help you to run faster ? This is something really interesting and ground-breaking to know. On second thought, the entire market will soon run out of such apparel as everyone will want to own one then. I wonder...

Hi, got from Queensway? How much u got it for? Thanks

not rich enough to buy a compression tights to test out whether it works for me or not...

Other than reducing fatigue and keeping injuries at check, does compression tights really help you to run faster ? This is something really interesting and ground-breaking to know. On second thought, the entire market will soon run out of such apparel as everyone will want to own one then. I wonder...

IMO compression DOES NOT MAKE YOU RUN FASTER but may or may not facilitate your performance. Again as i mentioned, you trained smart and hard to take advantage of whatever technology legally. If certain product make us become better in performance, then why do we still trained so hard for?? Clocking tone an tones of mileage and intensity per week... hill, farlek, intervals, aqua recovery etc... It should be the other way round, runners train hard to utilize the whatever technology.

Simple analogy - compression tight, superior running socks and shoes are like the body kit, sport rims etc of a racing car and what type of food we eat determine the quality of fuel the car uses. Importantly we must not forget the true blue engine that need to mob is our cardiovascular, pulmonary respiratory, neuro-muscular skeletal-muscular system.

Anyway everybody has different opinion about these ergogenic products in the running market. So there's no right or wrong answer as long you feel good using it at the end of the day. You spent with your own $$$... might as well enjoy it =) Placebo effect indeed

IMO compression DOES NOT MAKE YOU RUN FASTER but may or may not facilitate your performance. Again as i mentioned, you trained smart and hard to take advantage of whatever technology legally. If certain product make us become better in performance, then why do we still trained so hard for?? Clocking tone an tones of mileage and intensity per week... hill, farlek, intervals, aqua recovery etc... It should be the other way round, runners train hard to utilize the whatever technology.

Simple analogy - compression tight, superior running socks and shoes are like the body kit, sport rims etc of a racing car and what type of food we eat determine the quality of fuel the car uses. Importantly we must not forget the true blue engine that need to mob is our cardiovascular, pulmonary respiratory, neuro-muscular skeletal-muscular system.

Anyway everybody has different opinion about these ergogenic products in the running market. So there's no right or wrong answer as long you feel good using it at the end of the day. You spent with your own $$$... might as well enjoy it =) Placebo effect indeed

well said ... just like my sunglasses, it may not make me perform better ... but it may make me feel more stylo-milo during a work-out, afterall.

i will think harder if i were to part with my hard-earned $ this weekend.

I tried putting on with plastic bag and it works! Smoothly went in... Then I realise I got a hard time taking off ard the ankle area again...

I tried putting on with plastic bag and it works! Smoothly went in... Then I realise I got a hard time taking off ard the ankle area again...

Taking off plastic bag?

well, to each his/her own. i have a pair of 2xu elite long tights. it doesn't make you run faster because my timing is still like crap, but it does help recovery.

I wore it as soon as i got home after SD09, i did the ultra marathon and my maximum training distance was only 50km. i had muscle soreness during the race but after putting on the tights for recovery, i was able to walk properly the next day.

cheers.

Taking off plastic bag?

no lah the tights... Cos after put on, I remove the plastic bag then no plastic bag to help me take off.

It is pronounce as "2 Times U"

Hope this helps.

Kayano

Okay, now i understand the slogan, human performance multiplied. Thanks :D