Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sling Runner

2XU apparels

Any idea about the price?

2XU - Very expensive, more than S$100/= after 30% discount. Not willing to pay.

My friend just got a ADIDAS tight at Bedok Central @S$18/=. material - not bad.

> $100? Are you refering to the shorts? I have just seen a pair of 2XU shorts/tight ... i think it is less than HK$500 only ... not sure if it is good deal.

More than a hundred dollars = Tight (2XU) after discount. If less than HK$500/= can buy, but still not willing to pay this amount.

Reubencht....are running sport attire selling in HK cheaper than Singapore?

P/S: If really want to buy the 2XU, make some research first.... is it the same design selling in Singapore?

2XU is cheaper in Hongkong. There is only one shop selling it in HK. You need to take the MTR to Causeway bay and walk about 5 mins from Time Square.

You can also get swimming googles like Aqua Sphere etc all at the shop. The shop name is Escapade Sports, ESCAPADE Sports, 1/F Yee Hing Building (blue entrance), 19 Leighton Road (Opposite Hong Kong Cricket Club) , Causeway Bay, Hong Kong

Its just behind Sharp Street Eest. Shope is next to a 7-11.

Lala

Any idea about the price?

2XU - Very expensive, more than S$100/= after 30% discount. Not willing to pay.

My friend just got a ADIDAS tight at Bedok Central @S$18/=. material - not bad.

> $100? Are you refering to the shorts? I have just seen a pair of 2XU shorts/tight ... i think it is less than HK$500 only ... not sure if it is good deal.

More than a hundred dollars = Tight (2XU) after discount. If less than HK$500/= can buy, but still not willing to pay this amount.

Reubencht....are running sport attire selling in HK cheaper than Singapore?

P/S: If really want to buy the 2XU, make some research first.... is it the same design selling in Singapore?

I'm not sure if the runnings shorts are cheaper than in SGP. I'm not really bother by the technology of the shorts.

Yes, I have dropped by at RL a few times and see that the 2XU are the same in HKG too.

2XU is cheaper in Hongkong. There is only one shop selling it in HK. You need to take the MTR to Causeway bay and walk about 5 mins from Time Square.

You can also get swimming googles like Aqua Sphere etc all at the shop. The shop name is Escapade Sports, ESCAPADE Sports, 1/F Yee Hing Building (blue entrance), 19 Leighton Road (Opposite Hong Kong Cricket Club) , Causeway Bay, Hong Kong

Its just behind Sharp Street Eest. Shope is next to a 7-11.

Lala

I think i went to the same shop near TS, CWB .. it is on Haven Road.

Thanks lala....sharing of good information.

Next year, going back to HK, I will pay a visit to your mentioned sport shop, if cheap, I will buy 2XU tight.:-)

Thanks lala....sharing of good information.

Next year, going back to HK, I will pay a visit to your mentioned sport shop, if cheap, I will buy 2XU tight.:-)

It's HK$425 for the 2XU shorts. So, it's cheap, huh? Then maybe I will go grab a pair this weekend.

They also carry this brand of shorts, O2 ... first time i see this design .... the shorts comes with a pair of small water bottles too. Interesting. This brand of cap has pocket at the top for MP3 player too. But it does not have the "Halo" effect, so didn't look further.

The name of the shop is Trisports HK Ltd ... at Shop 24, G/F, Haven Court, 20, Haven Street, CWB, HK.

Hi Reuben,

O2 creation is the brand of the small bottle that is inside the POSB Kids Run goodie bag. I checked out their website http://www.o2creation.com & saw the tights with the bottle quite interesting. Anyone got idea if any SG shops are carrying this brand already?

Hi Reuben,

O2 creation is the brand of the small bottle that is inside the POSB Kids Run goodie bag. I checked out their website http://www.o2creation.com & saw the tights with the bottle quite interesting. Anyone got idea if any SG shops are carrying this brand already?

Its avail at KPI ( Key power Intl )

Hi Reuben,

Its avail at KPI ( Key power Intl )

from the website, it's tight with bottles ... those that the shop in HKG carries are shorts with bottles. not exactly the same.

btw, how much does KPI sells their shorts?

if cheaper here, i will grab a pair too. :D

I am interested to know how the O2 shorts or tights perform. Wondering if the shorts will drop as you run with the weight of 2 bottles behind, unlike traditional hydration belt.

i went to tried out the 2xu elite compression tights, my size chart is somewhere between S and XS so i tried S feel ok, then tried XS, feel more compressed overall, but when i see the black color part of the tights ( 2 tone color ) at the front of the calves, it look very stretched..like can see those micro fiber inside. Dunno is it normal?

The staffs advised that as long as it does not restrict ur movement its fine.

i went to tried out the 2xu elite compression tights, my size chart is somewhere between S and XS so i tried S feel ok, then tried XS, feel more compressed overall, but when i see the black color part of the tights ( 2 tone color ) at the front of the calves, it look very stretched..like can see those micro fiber inside. Dunno is it normal?

The staffs advised that as long as it does not restrict ur movement its fine.

Where can try? RL?

Does this tights really work? And if it does, what does it work for?

any living testimonies? oops, i don't mean to say anyone has died wearing it. :Silly:

any living testimonies? oops, i don't mean to say anyone has died wearing it. :Silly:

Been tempted to get the long tights to run faster so that I can catch up with you. :Big Grin: But seems like it does work cos so many people wearing it. Or maybe is just a fashion thing, just like my phiten.

Been tempted to get the long tights to run faster so that I can catch up with you. :Big Grin: But seems like it does work cos so many people wearing it. Or maybe is just a fashion thing, just like my phiten.

ya ... i really need to ask around (in this forum) to know if this tights actually work. I have my Phiten too ... only as fashion accessories and really don't want this tights (if i get it) to end up the same way ... the useless way. hehe.

btw, u gave me one reason to get this tight ... to run AWAY from you. :LMAO:

but seriously, i really like to know the real benefit of these tights ... perceived or otherwise.

ya ... i really need to ask around (in this forum) to know if this tights actually work. I have my Phiten too ... only as fashion accessories and really don't want this tights (if i get it) to end up the same way ... the useless way. hehe.

but seriously, i really like to know the real benefit of these tights ... perceived or otherwise.

someone say wear long tight can shave 30mins right? then must really work wonders

someone say wear long tight can shave 30mins right? then must really work wonders

not sure if really can shave off 30min, but the tights are definitely great for recovery and prevention of fatigue/cramps esp. for distances > 15km. Give it a go....nothing like experiencing it for yourself....a good investment I would say :)

shave 30 min from my run time just by wearing tights? ... hard to believe ... and probably i won't. :Raised Eyebrow:

if there's the case, then I would have believe people telling me that i can cut my run time by 3 min simply by shaving my legs. :Big Grin:

not sure if really can shave off 30min, but the tights are definitely great for recovery and prevention of fatigue/cramps esp. for distances > 15km. Give it a go....nothing like experiencing it for yourself....a good investment I would say :)

any idea the scientific explanation for fatigue/cramps prevention with use of tights? I have read this same reason somewhere too. Would the short tights be working better or the long ones?

the short one would work better for run in the tropic, right?

and if this tights work, then the long one would work well for those calf cramps and oso for my run in Beijing or SCMHK.

but first, i just want to know more (experiences) from the rest.

http://www.2xu.com/compression/benefits.html

looking at this website, it looks like this compression tights can do wonder ... can do almost everything except helping someone to fly, literally. :Tounge:

however, a lot of these topics are self-claimed by the manufacturer and all the data on the before-after chart for comparing improvement/recovery etc are taken from very small sample size. Read carefully the claim and you would figure that it is mere perception. Not really that scientifically proven for sure.

Will it be another phiten for me? do i really need to spend my hard-earned money then I can find out the benefit (or the lack of it)? :Confused:

maybe all sgrunners in this forum that have tried this product can chip in and express how they feel about it. Good, bad, ugly, or simply indifferent (don't feel the benefit, etc).

Disclaimer - I don't work for this brand or any of its competitor.

I don't see that it helps performance, but....very subjectively....it seems to decrease fatigue post-run, and if I wear one to sleep after a long run, it seems to decrease the amount of aches and pain I get the next day. No science or method, just my subjective feel, take it FWIW.

Cheers

Interesting topic to discuss. IMO shredding timing for your races depend mainly on how well prepared are you train for that particular race. It's all about hardwork and commitment. The effect of ergogenic aid like compression apparel is subjective... Nothing works for all. Some do well with it some don't. My argument here is it's good to have but not a must, specific and good training and resting are still more important in sport performance. There is no short cut if you want to do well. Therefore don't over rely.