Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sling Runner

New release: Garmin 310 XT, waterproof for 50m, 20 hours battery

Got mine from Ebay for $500 includes Premium HRM + shipping. Enjoying every moment with it and the virtual partner is quite fun when you are doing tempo runs.

Which eBay shop did you get your watch from? Was thinking of getting the 305 from Amazon but it wont be shipped till after Christmas :unsure:

The guy at Allbright who claimed he is the Local agent said that he does not honour the "warranty" from Parissilk as they are parallel importers. He had a look of disdain on his face when I mentioned $535 (now price increased to %545 as of 2 weeks again) quote from Paris silk.

La senza I used to buy electronics stuffs and when I claimed warranty for obvious defects, the local agent tried to pull stunts and said the defects are due to "wear and tear", thus my experience is the opposite of you. The only thing i have to worry abt is changing of rechargeable battery for the watch when it dies. For this I'll compare the price of sending back to taiwan vs local servicing.

I am not sure about Paris silk but i know there is another offical local agent for Garmin in singapore.

It is Navicomm Tech. I did some reading and found out that All Bright is the authorized agent for Malaysia.

http://www.allbright.com.sg/authority.html

I have no exp with All Bright but had some experience dealing with Navicomm. All forerunners series cannot be serviced locally and have to be send back to taiwan. After dealing with Navicomm, i am very pleased with the way the service tech at navicomm always try to help to reduce the fustrations of the down time.

Hi, did you all receive the mailer from SGRunners on the 30% discount sale(There's a Garmin logo inside the mailer) at MooveSports? Wonder if the 310XT is available at 30% discount there...

Got mine from Ebay for $500 includes Premium HRM + shipping. Enjoying every moment with it and the virtual partner is quite fun when you are doing tempo runs.

Which eBay shop did you get your watch from? Was thinking of getting the 305 from Amazon but it wont be shipped till after Christmas :unsure:

Here it is

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/BRAND-NEW-GARMIN-FORERUNNER-310XT-WITH-PREMIUM-HRM_W0QQitemZ290382801771QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item439c29eb6b

Remember to ask them to label as gift in the invoice. Got mine within 2 working days

Nope, dun really fancy the local agent either. I rather talk to Garmin Taiwan direct for any issues as I have registered the product on their website.

when I first purchased the 405, the first one could not connect to satellites. So i am determined to get anything with local warranty after that :).

hmmm...i bought my garmin 405 when it came out, mid last year, from roadrunner sports (US online store). But when it broke down (out of warranty), the guy from allbright gave me a near new replacement set for the price of him shipping my old US-bought set back to taiwan (S$180). he didn't ask where i bought it, just checked serial number.

Anyway i'm sure my sweatiness will eventually kill this 405 as well, and when that happens, happy days - i can upgrade to 305XT!

hmmm...i bought my garmin 405 when it came out, mid last year, from roadrunner sports (US online store). But when it broke down (out of warranty), the guy from allbright gave me a near new replacement set for the price of him shipping my old US-bought set back to taiwan (S$180). he didn't ask where i bought it, just checked serial number.

Anyway i'm sure my sweatiness will eventually kill this 405 as well, and when that happens, happy days - i can upgrade to 305XT!

that is nice... now I wanna upgrade to 310TXT. hahaha... hopefully they could allow us to trade in.

that is nice... now I wanna upgrade to 310TXT. hahaha... hopefully they could allow us to trade in.

i don't know if you watched the replay of the SCSM09 coverage on supersports on Sunday night, but it looked like alot of the leading runners (including the two leading women) were wearing it!

i don't know if you watched the replay of the SCSM09 coverage on supersports on Sunday night, but it looked like alot of the leading runners (including the two leading women) were wearing it!

I watched. but did not notice the watch. haha...

so tempting.. haiz.

I watched. but did not notice the watch. haha...

so tempting.. haiz.

i know this is a bit off topic but of all the elite athletes (male or female), i think the achievement of Mayorova-Ivanova, the womens winner was especially remarkable. She ran alot of the race, especially in the second half when she was trying to catch Morgunova, alone, whereas Morgunova had a pacemaker the whole way (until Mayorova-Ivanova caught her).

the standby time isnt too long, about 5 days only

anybody with a different standby time? Anybody experienced longer than 5 hours?

can the 310 be switched off?

The 305 and 310XT are not designed to be used as watches. They expect users to turn them off after their activities. The 405 is the model that is designed to be used as a watch - standby time of close to 2 weeks, but it cannot be turned off.

The 305 and 310XT are not designed to be used as watches. They expect users to turn them off after their activities. The 405 is the model that is designed to be used as a watch - standby time of close to 2 weeks, but it cannot be turned off.

no way. the 405 consumes too much battery power. I have to charge it every 3-4 days if I don't use.

Mine is still running fine after around 8 hours of use. I only switch on when I want to use it. If you want to use the unit purely for timing keeping, it is advisable to switch off the GPS to conserve battery strength.

no way. the 405 consumes too much battery power. I have to charge it every 3-4 days if I don't use.

If your unit is in standby/powersave mode (ie, shows the time of the day only, does not show the date), then it should last close to 2 weeks on a full charge. Another thing to do is to lock the bezel so that you don't accidentally turn on the back light. If your unit can last 3 to 4 days in standby mode on a full charge, then sounds like the batteries can't hold charge already. You might want to bring it to the agent to see what they can do for you.

The only other possibility I can think of is this -- If in Training mode, the Timeout option is disabled, this prevents the 405 from going into powersave/standby mode. Then, if after activity, the 405 is left in Training mode and not put into Time mode, it nevers goes into standby mode, and so drains the battery.

If your unit is in standby/powersave mode (ie, shows the time of the day only, does not show the date), then it should last close to 2 weeks on a full charge. Another thing to do is to lock the bezel so that you don't accidentally turn on the back light. If your unit can last 3 to 4 days in standby mode on a full charge, then sounds like the batteries can't hold charge already. You might want to bring it to the agent to see what they can do for you.

The only other possibility I can think of is this -- If in Training mode, the Timeout option is disabled, this prevents the 405 from going into powersave/standby mode. Then, if after activity, the 405 is left in Training mode and not put into Time mode, it nevers goes into standby mode, and so drains the battery.

no..... it is in the power save mode. I always turn off the sattelite right away after I use it.

haiz.

how come u everything also "spolit"...is it the equipment or the user? :rolleyes2:

not spoilt la. hehehe.

muahahahaha.... i burst out laffing when i saw tigger's reply.

i laff even more when i saw ur reply..

how come not spoilt but still gigling.. hehe.. :spell:

no..... it is in the power save mode. I always turn off the sattelite right away after I use it.

haiz.

i found that with my old 405, after about a year or so battery started to drain much faster as la senza says. but when it died and i got my replacement model i find that battery is ALOT better than my old one that it replaced. to test how good battery is now, i wore it as a watch the other day - i found that after having it in standby mode for a whole day, battery was still at 98% charge.

My 405 is getting from bad to worse. on standby mode, the battery can drain about 4% per day.

time to upgrade to 310XT :P

My 405 is getting from bad to worse. on standby mode, the battery can drain about 4% per day.

But according to the specs, the batt can last about 2 weeks in standby mode, which is about 7% drain a day. So 4% sounds good. But that's assuming the drain is linear and the batt metre is perfectly accurate. If you really want to test it out, either leave it in standby mode until its almost drained out to see how many days/weeks or use it all in one go to see how close to the 8 hrs you can get.

All Garmin 310 XT ForeRunner users, please DO NOT upgrade your firmware to 2.70.

The version 2.70 firmware is extremely buggy.

i went down to parisilk HV yest to check on the pricing, they dont have stock, n the guy told me he did not even hear of this 310XT b4 .. :s

hello to all..new 310xt user here..

Anyone using 3rd party software to upload workouts to blogs/facebook etc?

Im currrently using runningAhead...looks decent but want to look out for other software to have more options..

Care to share fellow runners?

cheers