Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sling Runner

New release: Garmin 310 XT, waterproof for 50m, 20 hours battery

Garmin's suggested retail prices are out:

Forerunner 405 US$300

Forerunner 310xt US$350

Forerunner 405cx US$370

any estimation on how much it will retail locally?

The model "Garmin Forerunner 310XT" looks "coooool". I like the design.

The problem is 20hrs battery life only. Why the design for 20 hours battery life only? They should design long term like 1 year.

I am sorry but I think you don't have a clue....it's 20 hrs before you need to recharge the battery (just like a mobile phone)

If you want a 1 year battery, then the watch will weight around 3kg...

20 hours is sufficient usage for 1 week of running easily. It just require charging like a phone which is good, beats getting an external gps in other watch which requires change of battery too after around 20-30 hrs. You can also tell exactly how much battery life remaining accurately from the watch. Those are the pros of the garmin sport watches. :cheers:

I like the 310XT design and thinking use as a sport watch for daily wear. It is troublesome for me to charge the battery everyday. Anyway, it is my thinking, it's impossible.

The model "Garmin Forerunner 310XT" looks "coooool". I like the design.

The problem is 20hrs battery life only. Why the design for 20 hours battery life only? They should design long term like 1 year.

I am sorry but I think you don't have a clue....it's 20 hrs before you need to recharge the battery (just like a mobile phone)

If you want a 1 year battery, then the watch will weight around 3kg...

20 hours is sufficient usage for 1 week of running easily. It just require charging like a phone which is good, beats getting an external gps in other watch which requires change of battery too after around 20-30 hrs. You can also tell exactly how much battery life remaining accurately from the watch. Those are the pros of the garmin sport watches. :cheers:

I like the 310XT design and thinking use as a sport watch for daily wear. It is troublesome for me to charge the battery everyday. Anyway, it is my thinking, it's impossible.

Nah you don't need to charge it everyday. The 20 hours is for GPS on mode. You can turn the GPS off right after your run. I think it will last 2 weeks plus if GPS is off, therefore it can also be made an everyday watch.

Forerunner 405 US$300

Forerunner 310xt US$350

Forerunner 405cx US$370

any estimation on how much it will retail locally?

Eastgear sells Forerunner 405 at S$469...so the price is around there (US$300 x forex rate of 1.5 = S$450)

http://www.eastgear.com/store/garmin-c-63.html?page=1

Typically what we see is that retailers will jack up the price first targeted to the early adopters and then they will lower the price to be consistent with US pricing (Forerunner 405 was sold at around $550 before reduced to $470)

If you buy from the US direct, then the 310xt will be US$350 + postage cost which can be shared under group order.

Forerunner 405 US$300

Forerunner 310xt US$350

Forerunner 405cx US$370

Interested in the 310xt only if its not too big for my wrist. I reckon the price is reasonable for what it does.

Forerunner 405 US$300

Forerunner 310xt US$350

Forerunner 405cx US$370

Interested in the 310xt only if its not too big for my wrist. I reckon the price is reasonable for what it does.

no worry. everything look hugh on you.... :whistle:

Tigger also want..but what the point now? Sigh...

Forerunner 405 US$300

Forerunner 310xt US$350

Forerunner 405cx US$370

Well you can always follow in the footstep of Mr Armstrong... :Big Grin:

Forerunner 405 US$300

Forerunner 310xt US$350

Forerunner 405cx US$370

u can use it while driving, walking or even for overseas trip! :)

[u can use it while driving, walking or even for overseas trip! :)

It is my objective, I am going to get one. At least, fully used and not just for running only.

i just checked the garmin site and under the in-the-box tab, there is no hrm included! that means it has to be purchased separately? ouch!

Forerunner 405 US$300

Forerunner 310xt US$350

Forerunner 405cx US$370

oi tigger, you can use it for your training. better start now - don't forget our date in 2010 ok! :Peace:

i just checked the garmin site and under the in-the-box tab, there is no hrm included! that means it has to be purchased separately? ouch!

If they have no HRM version with lower price, I am okay with it cos I can just use the HRM that came with 305.

that guy not familiar with garmin. he was like, stunned for a few minutes. before saying theres 405.

i just noticed the first post says to be released in june! oops.

that guy not familiar with garmin. he was like, stunned for a few minutes. before saying theres 405.

i just noticed the first post says to be released in june! oops.

its not out yet

just that the suggested retail price is usd400

Anymore updated on the 310xt????

The price in spore???